COMPUSA Black Friday Ad Posted!

Brad

They are advertising buy a game get a game free, does this include all games or does that number 4 mean something? I asked before but no one responded not sure if no one knows or if it just got missed. This is not a store I normally drive to though but it may be worth it if the games are buy one get one.

I like the CompUSA ad as the best so far. While the Best Buy Sony laptop is nice, the HP for $449 on Friday for a 17" is an incredible deal. Especially if there is no rebate. While Kingston 1GB memory is on sale right now for $29.99, the PNY for $2 cheaper is cool, though the notebook is already 2GB. and I like the Trio ONYX 1GB portable music player for $39.99. The only compUSA that I know of in Clive is just a couple blocks down from Best Buy. Should be a crazy Thursday night and Friday here. :g_think::woot2::gdcar::gdgirlfight3ol:

Last year at my CompUSA there was only like 5 people there so no need for line control this year I think will be very differant...due to the HP laptop...I have no idea but have decided that I wil begin drive by line checks at 5:00 on T-Day but the question is what store opening are they there for? So I am not real sure as to what to do...but I am thinking that atleast some people are going to stay for both....I have a friend that is across the parking lot at BB so she will keep any eye on things for me. So I think that I will go at 5pm on T-Day and then just see if people leave after the first sale if so then I will go home :gdcar:and:gdsleep3: for a while then back I will go back.

I drove by our local store yesterday and talked to some of the people there about both of the HP's that are going to be on sale. A couple of them didn't even know about them! I showed them the ad and they were shocked. They all said that they were really good deals especially for a 2gb. I asked them if there were any differences in the 2 and the only thing they said was the screen size.

I drove by our local store yesterday and talked to some of the people there about both of the HP's that are going to be on sale. A couple of them didn't even know about them! I showed them the ad and they were shocked. They all said that they were really good deals especially for a 2gb. I asked them if there were any differences in the 2 and the only thing they said was the screen size.

Cool thanks for letting me know.

How does compusa regulate two lines?

One line for the 5am? and one line for the 9pm to midnight.

That HP laptop looks like a steal.

Does compusa do tickets?

Here is how it works: You get there as soon as you can, usually prior to 4pm on thursday, and stay in the line throughout the night if you are there for the 5 AM sale. There is absolutely no getting back in line from where you started, if you enter the store for the 9PM sale. You will then most likely miss out on the 17 inch deal. It will depend upon the density of the population, and the coverage the ad receives. We have two stores here, and the info i received was from their management.

I would bring a friend who would get the 9PM items, since there is only one line.

I go with my son every year, usally at a store that just opens one time at 5am but this year DS will stay inline and I will go in for the 9:00 deals, then when I am done he can go in just to walk around for a while in the heat...it is gonna be cold fr Tulsa this Black Friday.

Drama Queen Lucy

Have you been to the Tulsa Compusa store early in the past? My wife and I got there about 5:30 last year and there was about 100 or so. What time do you recommend since I too am trying for the laptop?

wow...that changes my plans last year I was at BB but this year is compusa so I am thinking 2:00 on Turkey day but I have a friend that is going to be at BB and she is going to keep on eye out for me in case the line gets longer earlier then she will call and I will go. I sent you a PM.

Actually I meant to say it was 5:30am on Black Friday, not 5:30pm on Thanksgiving last year.

OK that sounds closer to what I remeber from last year...scared me there...lol my plan is to have my firend look out for me and get there about 5pm or so I am kinda playing it by ear this year because of the 9-12 sale...I have no idea what time to be there but I am aware that there will be atleast some poeple that will stay for both.

Did anyone else notice the difference on the website vs the ad? the 449 once clicked shows 1gig mem not 2gig like the ad states.

I wonder if maybe it was a site typo? :confused:

It's a type-o, but on the ad's part and not on their website. This just off the .PDF presses from compusa.com:

HP DV9407NR Pavilion Notebook (#347865)

Please note that the HP DV9407NR Pavilion Notebook (#347865), featured in our

November 22nd National and Puerto Rico insert is incorrectly advertised as

having 2GB of memory. This notebook actually has 1GB of memory.

For your inconvenience we are offering you a $55 CompUSA Gift Card that can

be used to purchase the 2GB memory upgrade kit (# 344987) or can be applied

towards the purchase of another item. We will also perform an in-store

installation of the memory modules at no charge within the next 7 days when the

notebook memory is purchased Friday or Saturday (November 23-24).

HP

My, that was awfully nice of 'em. :D That juices the BF shopping up a bit as the card they're offering can be used for anything, not just getting the laptop upgraded for free.

I'm a little confused with the online ad. According to the compusa website,(cant post links yet) the 24 inch Acer LCD monitor's rebates are valid from 11/22 - 11/24. Does this mean I can purchase the monitor with the rebates at the sale tonight from 9 pm - 12 am or is it only a black friday rebate deal as originally shown in the adscan? If so I would rather wait in line for the 9-12 sale than the 5am sale. (I could wait in line at circuit city instead for their 5 am sale)

Just wanted to get your opinions. My husband wants the 17" HP that goes on sale in the morning. It is pulling up on their website (for full price now). I called the 800 number and the lady told me it would be available for purchase online in the morning. Have any of you had any experiences with actually trying to snag something like this from CompUsa online before? Thanks!!!

looked about same or slightly more here in Jacksonville,FL at 7pm...

UPDATE:

I braved the 3 hour sale at Compusa this evening and barely scored this monitor.. It was a mad house. Got there five minutes before they opened at 9pm and there was a line of at least 100-150 people... took about 10 minutes to actually get in the store..by the time I made my way to the back and asked a red shirt where this lcd was, there were only two left! He pointed them out to me and said "Here they are..only two left, but only one per customer.." I reached down to grab one and some guy literally snatched it out of my hand.... I grabbed the other and told the guy what an immature dick I thought he was and he was actually offended..LOL. So it took about 2 minutes to get the monitor....and an hour and fifteen minutes to check out..... I dont even want to think what it will be like tomorrow..

UPDATE:

I braved the 3 hour sale at Compusa this evening and barely scored this monitor.. It was a mad house. Got there five minutes before they opened at 9pm and there was a line of at least 100-150 people... took about 10 minutes to actually get in the store..by the time I made my way to the back and asked a red shirt where this lcd was, there were only two left! He pointed them out to me and said "Here they are..only two left, but only one per customer.." I reached down to grab one and some guy literally snatched it out of my hand.... I grabbed the other and told the guy what an immature dick I thought he was and he was actually offended..LOL. So it took about 2 minutes to get the monitor....and an hour and fifteen minutes to check out..... I dont even want to think what it will be like tomorrow..

hows the line for the 5am sale?

UPDATE:

That's wierd. I got to Compusa at 7:30 pm and there were already about 100 people in line. By the time I got in there were 2 24" monitors left also. I got the second last one. Only took me 10 minutes to checkout though.

It's a type-o, but on the ad's part and not on their website. This just off the .PDF presses from compusa.com:

My, that was awfully nice of 'em. :D That juices the BF shopping up a bit as the card they're offering can be used for anything, not just getting the laptop upgraded for free.

Where did you find that pdf from? can you send the link? I bought mine online. sale lasted for like a minute.

Got my laptop - LOVE IT! A nice upgrade from the PIII-500 with 384 megs of ram I've had since '99.:shock: The 17" HD widescreen monitor is BEAUTIFUL! Sitting outside in the bitter cold New England weather from 8:00pm-5:00am definitely paid off!

Going back today to have the service department put my 2gigs of ram in. All in all it worked out better this way (the gift card) as I end up with a ~$5 gift card in my pocket, AND my two original 512MB sticks of notebook ram in my pocket.:yup: