COMPUSA Black Friday Ad Posted!

Brad

Well, I was falling asleep looking at until I got to the last page - 17" HP notebook for $449 - that is the cheapest I have ever seen a 17" laptop.

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/images/aditempics/CompUSA/20071114180038.jpg

2GB of RAM as well, and no rebates

It's too bad that there's only a couple of CompUSA's left in my state. There's actually a few things of interest in that ad. Nothing worth driving 50 miles for though. Especially when I've got other things at other stores that I wanna get on BF.

I am guessing just the multi-day deals, not things that are "Thursday" or "Friday" only?

They say not available online in the ad, but that may just be them legally covering themselves so people don't complain if a certain item isn't online, and there could very well be some of those items online as well.

I am hoping some of that ram they have on sale will be online. Because no one else has it that cheap.

Actually, all they've done is pretty much match what a lot of the online sellers are already selling RAM for, esp. if you don't mind rebates.

For instance, Newegg has single strips of DDR2-800 RAM (a little faster speed rated, but completely backward compatible with DDR2-667 requirements) for about the same exact price right now....and you don't have to fight any lines to get it.

Cheaper still is a 2GB kit..... two 1GB sticks, or a pair of 1GB sticks, of DDR2-800 RAM for around $35 after rebate (Patriot Extreme.....as decent as PNY!), or some OCZ Gold for $38 after rebate, or OCZ Platinum for $40 after rebate, or some Corsair XMS2 for $41 after rebate (all those kits are 2GB kits.....two 1GB strips.)

All those are way better than that PNY from CUSA....if you can stand rebates and can stand not standing in line.

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/images/aditempics/CompUSA/20071114180038.jpg

2GB of RAM as well, and no rebates

doing my happy dance!!!!! :g_dance::lolrun::yelclap::2wiggle:

I was like the other guy. I'm sitting here like.."dag CompUSA..no good laptop? I don't want that 14" laptop!" The comes page 7!!!

WOOO HOOOOOOOOO

I'll be out there Friday morning.

Well, I was falling asleep looking at until I got to the last page - 17" HP notebook for $449 - that is the cheapest I have ever seen a 17" laptop.

They also had one for that price about two months ago (maybe 499? but thinking 449). It was a Pentium Dual Core. I think it may have been a toshiba but i could be wrong. There are two CompUSA's still here and about the same distance from my house (26.5miles). Hope I can get to one of them.

Has Anyone Ever Shopped Compusa On Bf Before? Hoiw Bad Do You Think The Crowd Will Be? I Have Never Shopped There But The Hp Notebook Is Calling My Name And I Wondered How Early Would I Need To Be There To Get A Front Spot In Line.i Was Thinking Of Being There By 5pm Before The 9-12 Sale? Any Ideas

Fortunately we still have one near us. I have been there the last 2 BF's, when they opened at midnight. I got there about an hour before each time, and got everything I wanted. By the time they opened, there were 500+ in line. You need to get your stuff and get out, because the check-out lines are attrocious.

Agreed, I got in line about 45min before they opened at night, got everything but it was a mess! And yes, it took 2hrs to check out for 15min of shopping:mad: If you want any RAM, go there first since they have a line too. Best to team up with someone and send them there while you get other items from around the store.

The CompUSA ad list that it will have a sale on "Famous Brand Widescreen Flat Panel 32" LCD HDTV" -- Does anyone know what the "Famous" brand is? -- Or is "Famous" actually a real brand name such as Sharp?

Also, does anyone have a link to spec's on this particular tv? I need it's dimensions, most 32" LCD's with speakers under the bottom will not fit in my entertainment center. :(

The CompUSA ad list that it will have a sale on "Famous Brand Widescreen Flat Panel 32" LCD HDTV" -- Does anyone know what the "Famous" brand is? -- Or is "Famous" actually a real brand name such as Sharp?

Also, does anyone have a link to spec's on this particular tv? I need it's dimensions, most 32" LCD's with speakers under the bottom will not fit in my entertainment center. :(

Usually it is a name brand that they cannot disclose due to advertising restrictions. So it could be Sharp, Toshiba, Sony or anyone else that is "famous."

Usually it is a name brand that they cannot disclose due to advertising restrictions. So it could be Sharp, Toshiba, Sony or anyone else that is "famous."

If I called them (either today or like Mon. or Tue. of next week) would they be able to disclose the brand name to me? I live over 2 hours (one way) away from the closest CompUSA so it would be a very long drive for me to find out that it wouldn't fit in my entertainment center.

If I called them (either today or like Mon. or Tue. of next week) would they be able to disclose the brand name to me? I live over 2 hours (one way) away from the closest CompUSA so it would be a very long drive for me to find out that it wouldn't fit in my entertainment center.

Hey, it's worth a shot. Good luck.

i see in very small print that is says sale from 9pm to midnight on thanksgiving and then 7 horus specials bf at 5 am..... so are they closing in between???

Yes, they are closed in between. Some of the stores will be handing out pumpkin pie to the customers standing in line too.