beware of a lot of these bf sales.

tikithyme2

I have to agree. Common sense (as well as the ads) say that they are limited and those who camp out on Thanksgiving...giving up their whole day to ensure they are first deserve it. We camp out every year at BB and although there have been issues, we always get what we are there for. We get there no later than noon on Thanksgiving and by midnight there are hundreds of people in line. That cracks me up that someone who shows up at 3 or 4 in the morning and is number 300 in line would honestly believe they could get a doorbuster.

I showed up 20 minutes before they opened the door and got a doorbuster.

I love Target, I usually get what I came for and I don't have to stand in line all night. I have seen some of the items for Toys R US, I have never went there on BF. How early should I get there and is it a total nightmare to go to the toy store?

I usually go to Toys R Us & Target on BF. I always get what I want. I arrive about 1 hr to 30 min early. Everyone else is at Wal-Mart, CC, & BB, that there aren't long lines at the other stores. But they do get packed later in the day. I'll never go back to Wal-Mart on BF. That was the worst experience of my life. Not worth it.

I have had OK success with BB having the numbers of items listed in the ads, but usually ONLY that many.

3 years ago they did not have any of the camcorder that was advertised, my wife waited at the counter with our ticket in hand and they explained that they didn't have any to the guy in front of her, he said ok and started to walk away.... he paused as my wife explained to the employee that since they did have the camera advertised they would be giving her the next model up for the sale price.... and they did, and the other guy got one too.... Dont hesitate to be persistent, and tell them what you want.

never had and issue with kmart, or target, best buy sux for that and had a few issues with circuit city

the prob we had with kmart is that we couldn't find any of the bf sale items. we had to search through the store. i don't think we will be going back there. one good thing about walmart, is that they don't hide the sale items. have them right out where you can see them.

the prob we had with kmart is that we couldn't find any of the bf sale items. we had to search through the store. i don't think we will be going back there. one good thing about walmart, is that they don't hide the sale items. have them right out where you can see them.

Our walmart gives you a map when you come in the store so you know where to find the item you are looking for. How is that for service :)

Sears managers told me if they run out of stock on BF items, they would give rain checks. They would also price match other stores early bird specials. He swore up and down several times and this was the store manager I spoke with, soooooo? Does anybody else know if Sears will in fact give rain checks or price match?

According to here they will not http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=87056

I showed up 20 minutes before they opened the door and got a doorbuster.

What was the item? I'll guess it was not a laptop or TV (unless it was a big screen which still cost several thousand dollars - not too many people who can afford to drop that kind of cash are willing to wait in line. Some? Yes. But not too many.

Or was there a short line at your store? Maybe only 10-20 people?