GottaDeal v3 Suggestion Thread

Brad

I can get rid of the thumbnail feature and just have the images shown, but I think the thumbnails would be better, especially if people start posting larger images.

No, the thumbnail feature is fine... it's the way it works that's a little awkward - how come you can't preview your post with an attached image?

how come you can't preview your post with an attached image?

do you mean preview how the thumbnails will look? cause i know you can preview the rest of the message. i'll have to look at the vB forums and see what people are doing to work around this stuff.

see, if you wouldn't have whined about wanting to attach images, none of this would have been an issue :tongue1:

do you mean preview how the thumbnails will look? cause i know you can preview the rest of the message. i'll have to look at the vB forums and see what people are doing to work around this stuff.

Yep, you can see the message, but you can't see the image.

see, if you wouldn't have whined about wanting to attach images, none of this would have been an issue :tongue1:

LOL - this is a suggestion thread after all! I can shut up if you want. :(

Nope, keep them coming :)

I'm surprised that the "add attachment" fields aren't on the same screen as the basic message entering fields.

Me too - it's listed under "additional options"...

I'll bring up more suggestions as I come across them - just little things here and there.

Just today I started working on the user customization features of the new site. I have decided to tie it in with the forum, so there will be one login. When you log in, you'll be logged in to both the forum and the main site, so any customizations you make will be saved and retained every time you log in. Before we launch the new site, you'll have to log out and then log back in to have the changes take effect, but that's a long time away.

So now I'd like to know what kinds of things you would like to be able to customize on the main site. Not everything will be possible just because of how the site is organized, but here are some things that I'm 95% sure you will be able to change:

* how many deals on the home page (either a set number or X days worth)

* categories of deals on the home page (include/exclude specific categories)

* retailers of deals on the home page (include/exclude specific retailers)

* include or exclude deals that involve mail-in rebates on the home page

* theme for the site - new design, "classic" (current design), or "lite"

* manage your subscriptions to the "Daily Deal Update" and possible new deal alerts

* display or not display product images for each deal

Those are just some things. Like I said, suggestions are welcome. What else would you like to be able to control?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

how about email that summarizes the deal? just a text mail with a link to the deal..

also, what do you guys think of rating a deal? (not sure how useful it is, but if a deal is rated real hot by several users, it may catch the eye of others by the high rating

how about email that summarizes the deal? just a text mail with a link to the deal..

also, what do you guys think of rating a deal? (not sure how useful it is, but if a deal is rated real hot by several users, it may catch the eye of others by the high rating

Can you clarify the first suggestion more? We already have the Daily Deal Update that e-mails the titles and links for all deals posted in the last 24 hours. How would you want us to change that?

As for the deal rating system, we're considering that. If we do decide to do it, we'll probably restrict it to logged in users only so our competitors don't decide to anonymously mark every deal as cold. And yes, we have a few jealous ones that would waste their time doing such a thing.

Can you clarify the first suggestion more? We already have the Daily Deal Update that e-mails the titles and links for all deals posted in the last 24 hours. How would you want us to change that?

As for the deal rating system, we're considering that. If we do decide to do it, we'll probably restrict it to logged in users only so our competitors don't decide to anonymously mark every deal as cold. And yes, we have a few jealous ones that would waste their time doing such a thing.

Sorry, I guess I didn't know that it is already exist :(

The Daily Deal Update will be combined with the user login system, so when you are logged in, you'll be logged into the forum, the main site (with your preferences loaded) and you'll be able to modify your e-mail subscription(s).