BB HP Laptop for $449.99...

momoney4td

HP Laptop 160gb HD+ 1gb ram....$449.99

This laptop is listed as a Fri/Sat sale.

I am a rookie BF shopper, does anyone think this is the top laptop at BB of if I am number 50 or so in line and go straight for it will I still have a chance? I know there are better and cheaper ones but I wanted a veteraned BF shoppers opinion based on the ad!

Thanks for any feedback!!:D

Not sure all the specs but look at the Dell deals with $$ off codes and see what compares. You may get something a lot better for not much more $ without having to spend all night in line.

Seems to me that for the savings in a laptop it is not worth spending the night freezing on a sidewalk.

Sorry about that here are the specs.......

HP Pavilion dv6407nr Specs:

Display: 15.4-inch WXGA High-Definition Bright View Widescreen Display

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology

Hard Drive: 160GB 5400RPM

Memory: 1GB DDR2 Memory (2x 512MB)

Ports: VGA, 3 x USB 2.0, LAN, modem, stereo headphone jack with SPDIF, S-Video, ExpressCard, HP Expansion port/Port replicator

Battery: 6-Cell

Wireless: 802.11b/g

I/O: Keyboard, TrackPad, HP Media Controls, QuickPlay

Optical: SuperMulti 8x DVDRW with Double Layer Support

Weight: 6.14 pounds

Dimensions 14.05-inches wide x 10.12 inched deep x 1 to 1.69-inch thick

Card Reader: 5-in-1

I am not a big computer nerd and am looking for a good laptop myself. I will say go shopping for yourself BEFORE BF and take those specs with you. See what is out there, ask questions, see what everyone is offering and then you will have an idea if this is one that will work for you.

You may need a little more, you may not. But go talk to someone and see, just reading all that doesnt mean anything until you know how it will work for you and the best way is to TALK to someone that knows!!

Good luck, I am looking for one this year too, but the wifes surgery will put it back a little.

Do you think BB will ticket this item?.....It is on page 32 of their ad.....

I would say no, but not entirely sure.... Last year I bought the Gateway Laptop, which was 699.99 (so a lot more) and I had to run back to the appliance area to get it. They don't usually have them out for people to grab (cause it would probably be broken before you got to it) but rather you run to a certain line where you can pick it up.

I would say no, but not entirely sure.... Last year I bought the Gateway Laptop, which was 699.99 (so a lot more) and I had to run back to the appliance area to get it. They don't usually have them out for people to grab (cause it would probably be broken before you got to it) but rather you run to a certain line where you can pick it up.

I agree with ryansplace, maybe you'll have to run to get the article. Maybe if you call your BestBuy after they publish the ad ("officially" LOL) they could give you a heads up on this matter.

9pm-midnight sale.....What time should I get there for that?

9am on Thanksgiving day. The reason for this is that there are less CompUSA's around so alot of people will go to one location.

I am a rookie BF shopper, does anyone think this is the top laptop at BB of if I am number 50 or so in line and go straight for it will I still have a chance? I know there are better and cheaper ones but I wanted a veteraned BF shoppers opinion based on the ad!

For BB I would get there around 11am on Thursday. The reason for this is that BF has gotten alot of press and BB has always been a popular location. Good luck and if you have any more questions please let us know!

Welcome to the community

The one spec that is missing but important, is the video card is supposed to be an Nvidia and not an Intel. That makes a big difference in performance. I talked to HP support and they said it should have the Nvidia card. All the other models in that line have that video card as well.

i think you would. but good luck

I got mine early this morning. It is not much different than the Sony, except no line for the extra $50. The CompUSA one is a Toshiba with an ATI X1200 graphics(not as good), but the rest of the specs look to be about the same(it is sold out online).

i think the best laptop on sale is probably the tobisha 17, core 2 duo, 2gb of ram

i am pretty knowlegable on computers if the laptop is running VISTA do not get anything less then 1 GB of RAM

I'll will get my HP up to 2GB very quickly. All new computers should have 2GB.

I would just like to point out I also bought the HP laptop and 2 GB memory off the internet. I payed $25 (shipping) to not sit out in the cold for 15 hours.

What a relief it was to wake up and find it for sale online. I woke up early too instead of sleeping in like I wanted to. Something told me I should probably wake up.

This was posted on another thread. What do you all think??

If this is HP - Pavilion TK-53 Laptop Model: dv6607nr......Beware!!! HP tech support just told me that they don't have this model at all!! He surmised that this may either be a discontinued model or a refurbished one....

This was posted on another thread. What do you all think??

If this is HP - Pavilion TK-53 Laptop Model: dv6607nr......Beware!!! HP tech support just told me that they don't have this model at all!! He surmised that this may either be a discontinued model or a refurbished one....

Its a weird thing. You can't find much on their website either. The problem is that some of these computers sold by BB or CC and such, have specific model numbers just for their stores. Usually you can find one almost exactly like it at another site or on HP.com, but the model number is off by a digit or two. BB does not usually sell refurbished units except maybe their outlet store.