Ban Wal Mart on Black Friday (Merged)

Hvyarms

I think this is silly. Retailers spend so much money on BF ads and trying to keep them secret. Somehow they get leaked, and they can go to whatever means they feel necessary to protect their sales. Of course, as a consumer I love coming to this site everyday and plotting my BF strategy. But as a person in the retail industry I can't believe every retailer doesn't pull their ads from BF sites. It won't affect my shopping at all. I'll go to the store with the best deals that are navigable (Not Best buy, as they are insane around here!).

lol i of course cant boycott cause hmmm they pay my pay check. I will be at my walmart at 445 am to greet my wonderful customers. No matter if we had a bad ad or if the neighbor down the road has a bad ad. The customers are goin to shop where they can get their stuff the cheapest. Plus where they can find it. Every store offers something different. It just depends on what ur looking for GOOD LUCK everyone on ur shopping needs.

Cant boycott here. All we have is Walmart as far as dept store, other than dollar stores and fred's. Be a Nightmare going to Nashville to shop other places, guess thats the good part of a small town for me not alot of population to fight thru. Im only grabbing a handful of things, so in and out for me.

I, too, hated Walmart before they did this, so I don't really care about their ad or when they show it to me. Quite frankly I can get their low-quality towels & bathrobes 364 days a year. :snicker: Ohhhhhhhh, I can only hope they offer those STELLAR deals again this year. :yuck:

Walmart is a crappy store, with rude customer service & poor-quality merchandise..maybe they should worry about giving all of their employees benefits & treating customers with respect instead of worrying about the American public finding out about their big, secret TOWEL sales a week early. In MN Walmart offers better benifits then Target, Kmart, Menards, the local sears, and Lowes and most other "major retailers"

We should boycott Walmart all year long, if you want to "punish" them for how they are and what they stand for. They've done enough damage in our world...I miss the smaller stores in my hometown.

Walmart has nothing that I can't get at my local home-owned grocery store....Their pet foods are poor quality CRAP, so I buy those at Tractor Supply...I can get detergent, soap, & everything else at the grocery store.

Why go to Walmart? Ever??

Nice that we read the headlines. Try the article

You guys crack me up. Wal-Mart has every right to protect their sales data information. I do not agree with their effort for the simple fact that it could never work but I applaud their efforts.

I also applaud Brad for doing his thing. This site is great and has helped us all find good deals but it's not a right for us to have any information prior to any company wanting it released. So companies don't care and that's find, others do and that's fine also.

But this constant crying about big bad Wal-Mart is just funny.

It's not a big funny joke, It's America and we're allowed to voice our feelings and our opinions and use our influence to express those views, last time I checked we are a democracy...

It's not a big funny joke, It's America and we're allowed to voice our feelings and our opinions and use our influence to express those views, last time I checked we are a democracy...

Never said a person cannot or should not voice their feelings. I simply find it funny that Wally World has become hated because they offer low prices. I live in the DC metro area and we have every store under the sun within a 30-45 minute drive, but I still go to Wally World occasionally because the have good prices. Do I shop the mom and pop stores, you bet because there are times when I want to talk to someone who is knows about the ceiling fan I just bought or I want an authentic crab cake sandwich.

But when I want to get a $700 Weber grill and a $140 Great Outdoors smoker for $400 because it "out of season" and the lawn and garden manager says "name your price", I goto Wally World. The smaller store cannot do that and I would not want to cut their profits (small store) like that. BTW, I bought the propane tank for $10 more then Wal-Mart sold it at the local mom and pop hardware store.

Instead of trying to ban a store, you may want to pick up a book on American government. America is a Constituton-based Federal Republic, not a democracy. A democracy is mob rule and the founding fathers set-up safe guards to protect against mob rule. Read a book, you may learn a thing or two. I hear they sale books at a pretty good price at Wal-Mart.

Guest Mom1979

I have a friend that used to work there; she quit when her nerves got so bad her hair was falling out in clumps :(

I hate wal*mart too but what can you do? We've got a GREAT grocery store here that I go to but as far as clothes? We have a Penny's and we do have Lowe's but other than that wally world's it ;(

Well I was annoyed I went to walmart to return something and then went back by toys. I saw the 20$ Graco doll set there so I took it to get for our dd's b-day. I went up front to pay and it would not ring through. She said , oh this must be a recall! I said, UH NO its in the ad thats what it is. No its not safe to sell. I said then you better get your manager to pull it from the floor if its unsafe, and hang a sign showing that as other recall items are done. She said nothing.

Why lie??? Just be honest and say it can not get sold til Friday, don't bs me with its recalled!

Guest HoosierShadow

I think if walmart doesn't want their ads posted ahead of time, then that is their choice. If I owned a business, and wanted to have a BF sale and keep it 'hush hush' at least until the week before the sale...well, that's my choice.

I think walmart will actually be my first stop in the morning. I have 3 kids, and a tight budget this year. And as far as what we want to get our kids...I was actually disappointed in all the sale ads, because we only found a few things on them...Walmart was very comparable to the others.

In a nutshell summary, here is what I can infer from this website and topics --

Everybody hates walmart because their prices are too low every other day of the year.

EVerybody hates walmart because their prices are not low enough on black friday.

What hipocrites you are --

LOL I totally agree

Although I did go to Walmart this morning for 1 thing that wasn't on AD, I did get a very nice chuckle out of the fact that WALMART was DEAD. At 5:30am they had cashiers standing around doing NOTHING at all. Last year at that time there would've been lines wrapped around for every cashier. Not this year. Got there at 4:45 and out by 5:30 after looking around to see an abundance of everything still available at my local Walmart in the DFW area of Texas. :D

Although I did go to Walmart this morning for 1 thing that wasn't on AD, I did get a very nice chuckle out of the fact that WALMART was DEAD. At 5:30am they had cashiers standing around doing NOTHING at all. Last year at that time there would've been lines wrapped around for every cashier. Not this year. Got there at 4:45 and out by 5:30 after looking around to see an abundance of everything still available at my local Walmart in the DFW area of Texas. :D

Same thing here in York, Pennsylvania. Walmart was dead.

i didn't go to walmart at all today either!!! It is time Walmart learns that they cannot control everything in retail America. (not that slightly lower sales on black friday is gonna make a big difference). However, I do shop there. I do not like Walmart but I shop there anyway. Walmart is a bully. They are a bully and are not good for our economy. plus they treat their employees terribly!

I avoid Walmart like the plague all year long so today was not different. I did go to Target and Toys R Us at 6AM, but the lines were just too outrageous! I went back home and returned at 11AM. I was able to get in and out of TRU in 20 minutes. Target was sold out of the stuff that I was looking for, but it didn't bother me at all.

I have been to Wal-Mart every black friday since I started shopping on BF. Mainly because we only have Wal-Mart and a couple of Dollar Stores in our town. They usually have stuff I want out of their ad. I always bought a lot from them.

But this year their ad was not good at all. One of the things I go for is toys for my two kids, but there was not a "must have" toy in the bunch! So, I drove over an hour to Target and the mall. Had a pretty good shopping day though. If Wal-Mart doesn't get better with their ads then I guess I will start going elsewhere every year!

I like Wal-Mart, shop there all the time but their Black Friday sales are getting worse every year. Target won me over last year, that was the first year I wasn't at Wal-Mart first thing in the morning and I went to Target again this year. I did go to Wal-Mart around 7:30 once I'd been everywhere else and still got all the stuff I wanted.

Same thing here in York, Pennsylvania. Walmart was dead.

Which WM in York, West Manchester or York Mall? My Super WM is in Southern York County, Shrewsbury.

We went to WM this morning not to shop, they didn't have anything that impressed me, but to show my 13 yo daughter what it looks like there at 5 am on BF. This was her 1st BF so she was excited. Usually the store is very crowded. We arrived at 455, at 5 they cut the plastic & people started getting their stuff. No one was fighting or pushing, because there were no crowds around the pallets. I have to say the store seemed less crowded then usual, & the energy level of the shoppers & employees seemed low. Even the people in the electronics line seemed like they wanted to be somewhere else. I think Wal-Mart really underestimated their customers & in the end will shortchange themselves.

I was at walmart at 5am.. it was PACKED. You could NOT take a cart past the toys or electronics. I parked the cart with the teenlet and TRIED to get to electronics.. NO luck at all. I went around the back because all i wanted was phones. I finally got through the back got my phones that I PMed from the target ad. ALL lanes were open.. I would have been able to check out MUCH faster except I PMEd so much the CSM had to come and over ride each thing. LOL.. NO questions asked I showed the ad they didnt look at the items just the price and I was home before 6am.. when I went back again at 9am they were not as busy but still packed. I managed to pick up a few items I would have liked to get sooner if i could get through the store. again all lanes open.. For as much as I dislike what they tried to do to brad and this site I love walmart. They are the coner store for me and I am there at least 4 times a week most weeks.. I saved a BOAT load both on PMing and teh sale items .. I am very happy this year.. I WISH I had been able to take teh cold at BB for teh laptop, but it was TOO cold and wet this year for 18 hours in the cold