*** Official *STAPLES* What Time To Get In Line Thread ***

DramaQueenLucy

OK I have done BF at different stores BB, Walmart & Sears. I have an idea of what time to be there but I have never done Staples on BF. I live in a state that will be OK for weather during BF high 50's-high 40's.....I called the Staples store that I may be going to and was told that the line was already there when they got in to the store at 4am last BF well..da but what time do you have to be there? I am thinking between 12:00-2:00am? In the same area is BB and you have to be there early on T-Day to get the goodies, but at Walmart only 2am BF and heck sears I went at 6am went in and got everything I wanted. I am looking at the laptop doorbuster...so I do want to be there early but not so early that no one else shows up for hours...lol I am in Tulsa..anyone from the area that has done BF at Staples?

2 years ago, I went to Staples at about 5:30, and was about 10th in line.

I don't know if it's just because my town is smaller than the other ones around and that's why there wasn't many more people already waiting (actually, I went to WM first, and walked over after I got what I needed at WM).

I wonder, though, if this year will seem different b/c I have a big list of wants from Staples.... Oh dear!

2 years ago, I went to Staples at about 5:30, and was about 10th in line.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/plus1.gif Our Staples had tickets this year (finally). It was great... My wife and I chatted with two college-age guys behind us in line who had armfulls of stuff. We let them put their stuff in our cart (on top of our stuff), which they REALLY appreciated.

All ticketed items were behind the Customer Service desk (except for laptops and towers, they had to get those out of lockup).

Staples really doesn't have a lot of room for lines (ours at least). Bring a buddy, grab a cart, have the person with the cart get in line and the other person act as a "runner".

Last year, as long as you were in line 1 hour prior to opening, you could pretty much guarantee anything you wanted. If you are going for the highest/most desired item, 2 hours should be plenty.

I will say that last year the line started getting longer earlier. I used to be able to sit in my car until a half hour or 20 minutes before the store opened, and still got what I want. Actually had to freeze my tail off in line for an hour last year! LOL. Better than waiting 10 hours at BB or 12 Hours at Wal Mart though!

My Staples opens at 6am I was figuring on getting there about 2am is this to early??

I think that depends on what is on page 2 through the end of the ad. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/N1Yes03HL5.gif

But, yeah, in my area that would be too soon. We were there at 5:30, were about 12th in line and got everything I wanted (BUT, I wasn't after a laptop).

They just opened a Super walmart this week about a mile from Staples. I hope everyone goes there. Last year I got there about an hour early and could have gotten anything I wanted when they handed out tickets. I'm going a little earlier this year just in case. I really want a GPS this year. That's all I really want.

They just opened a Super walmart this week about a mile from Staples. I hope everyone goes there. Last year I got there about an hour early and could have gotten anything I wanted when they handed out tickets. I'm going a little earlier this year just in case. I really want a GPS this year. That's all I really want.

Radio Shack had some good deals too... The Navigon 2100 at R/S has lifetime traffic updates.

The 71st St. Staples in Tulsa actually seems less busy than the Harvard one. I went there hours after they opened and got the computer speakers, DVD-Rs, and other things I wanted. They had lots, but I don't know about laptops.

Thanks I think that I will go about 2am or so that is 4 hours before the store opens...so that should be good.

Guest ZeroGravity107
I can't see having to get in line very early at my location. Its nearly in the same plaza as the Wal Mart, so is that good or bad? (North Kingstown, RI)

If nobody else has a great laptop sale ( w/o rebates) then staples might get hit with people this year. I'm going out around 2 just to check, probably take portable dvd & watch a movie til others start showing up. My son & I did that at Walmart last year. His first BF & we had a great time together!

I think that depends on what is on page 2 through the end of the ad. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/N1Yes03HL5.gif

But, yeah, in my area that would be too soon. We were there at 5:30, were about 12th in line and got everything I wanted (BUT, I wasn't after a laptop).

That Yes smiley is hilarious. It cracks me up every time I see it. :D

Our group got there at midnight. We were first in line. Watched TV, made pizza in our travel trailer that has a bathroom, studied all the ad's to decide where to go next, and had a terrific time!

And then when they passed out the tickets, we cleaned out just about all the doorbusters they had. Tv's, 19" LCD monitors, Mio's, portable hard drives, phones, DVD burners, internal hard drives. Everyone that came after us was mad.

This was our second year of going to Staples at midnight. We have not decided which store to "hit" this year. We went to Office Depot next and got everything on our lists, then Circuit City, then Sears, and Fry's (where we got everything, but waited in line for over 2 hours), and finally Harbor Freight.

Good thing it is hot in Southern California!

i was just checking staples black friday ad on staples.com

and they didnt have the laptop for $350 listed.

The laptop for $349.99 is there on the front page of my local staples black friday ad, so I'm not sure what you're looking at.

Maybe they're not running that special in Ali's area? They are here in PA though.

That Yes smiley is hilarious. It cracks me up every time I see it. :D

Glad you like it... I have a few of that style: http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/N1Yes03HL5.gifhttp://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/N1okay05HL.gifhttp://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/N1clever02HL1.gif

Just checked sneak peak of ad on staples.com Don't have laptop here. I am mad, we were going to buy 3 of them one for my brother in the army in Iraq. Now I don't know what we are going to do.

Looked at staples an hour away and they have the laptop deal so now I think we need to travel to get the computer. Which sucks

Thanks for the reply.

It's all coming together now. I can hit Best Buy first at 5am, then head on over to Staples to get there as they open at 6 am. Then I can get to Office Max at 7 am then it's off to Circuit City. :D

Have you ever been to a store on BF? I was at BB 2 years ago and it took me over an hour to get to the counter to check out.:( Yes, they give out the tickets and then send you through a line like cattle to pay and pick up your item. Good luck at getting out of there to move on to the next store. I think this year I will just head straight for Staples. Lines not to long, easy to check out!:yup:

Have you ever been to a store on BF? I was at BB 2 years ago and it took me over an hour to get to the counter to check out.:( Yes, they give out the tickets and then send you through a line like cattle to pay and pick up your item. Good luck at getting out of there to move on to the next store.

Yeah, it takes 2 - 2.5 hours to check out of our BB on BF. BB may be your only stop, especially if you are not at the very front of the line. Make it count.