CVS Question

jbdinos

Hi everyone, and I am SO sorry that I have searched and not found the answer to this.....

I went to CVS today and purchased 22.79 in Energizer batteries and got a 10.00 ECB back for purchasing 20.00. Now, if I go back to get more batteries to get a 2nd deal on my card would I need to purchase 20.00 more in batteries or 17.31?

In addition, I have 2 papers delivered to my home. My local ad for CVS says offer on batteries limited to 1 per card. But an ad for CVS 35 minutes from here says limited to 2 per card. How does the system work with 2 different limits printed? That same ad that says 2 per card on one page shows rechargeable energizers on a different page and says limit 1 on that one, but doesn't say it's 2 different deals.

I was finally getting the hang of the ECB and this one has me baffled. Any help greatly appreciated.

sometimes the ad says that it must be purchased in one transaction, it doesn't for the battery deal. see if it says anything by the batteries, but you should be able to buy 17.31 more and get another ecb, save your first receipt in case it doesn't print out.

my ad says limit 2 per card, see what the signage at your store says, I'm not sure...

sometimes the ad says that it must be purchased in one transaction, it doesn't for the battery deal. see if it says anything by the batteries, but you should be able to buy 17.31 more and get another ecb, save your first receipt in case it doesn't print out.

my ad says limit 2 per card, see what the signage at your store says, I'm not sure...

There are no signs at our store, not the sale sign to show they are on sale for 8.99 and no ECB sign. This is not unusual. About half the ECB signs are ever put up. I checked online and both versions of the ad are online depending on which store I put in. The second store is very close to where DH works so I'll see if I can talk him into checking it out. Gotta have batteries for those Christmas toys as I don't like to give a gift that requires batteries without sending them along as well.

Thanks for the info, even the ads don't say one transaction so at least I got that part now... thanks !!!!

OK, if some ads say limit 2 and some say limit 3, 99% of the time the higher limit is nationwide. So...you should be able to go back and purchase the $17.xx worth of batteries and get your 2nd $10 ECB. If it doesnt print, show tehm the ad that says limit 2 per card. Also, on your reciept, it will say either *Limit reached, or * Purchase XX more to qualify. If it does say limit reached, chances are it wont print again for you.

OK, if some ads say limit 2 and some say limit 3, 99% of the time the higher limit is nationwide. So...you should be able to go back and purchase the $17.xx worth of batteries and get your 2nd $10 ECB. If it doesnt print, show tehm the ad that says limit 2 per card. Also, on your reciept, it will say either *Limit reached, or * Purchase XX more to qualify. If it does say limit reached, chances are it wont print again for you.

My receipt says:

Energizer, Spend 20 get 10 EB

Amount Toward this Reward 22.77

Amount Needed to earn Reward 20.00

Does not say limit reached though.