RADIO SHACK Black Friday Ad Posted!

Brad

I got to my RS about 1/2 hour before it opened. There were a bunch of people sitting in cars but nobody was at the door--it was cold so people were sitting in vehicles with heaters on I guess. So I was first in line. LOL. I debated between the Zune and Ipod...but by the time the store opened I ended up going for the Ipod since that's what DD really wanted. Of course, the Ipods weren't on sale but they did come with a free $30 speaker. Also, I asked for the cordless phone and apparently got the only one that they had in the store. Oh, and I grabbed a couple of the $4.99 earbuds they had since those seem to get lost easily around our household.

I must say I'm happy about my purchase. Didn't look for the Olypus FE-280 yesterday that was on ad at Ritz/Wolf since it was a four day sale. Went in today and they were out. The salesperson called at least two other stores and they were out as well. She offered to "special order" which would take 3 working days to receive. So we were going to do that, but after about 20 minutes we were told they were completely out of stock, and it probabaly wouldn't be shipped until almost Christmas. Didn't go for that. We checked BB and they were unadvertised at the same price. Again, though, were completely out. Did some checking online after getting home and it was priced the same at Radio Shack. It said they were available at the one near me. So called to make sure they had some and at the online price. They had one and it was same price. They held it for me and I was there within 10 minutes. I hadn't noticed it was in fact on ad, but was priced $20 more in the ad. They must have lowered the price to compete with everyone else, but I was also able to use a $10 coupon as well. The person that I spoke to over the phone was very helpful and I was so glad they were willing to hold it for me. Great CS!

I'm so so happy! I thought RS opened at 6:00 but it was 5:00 here. I had Thanksgiving company that left late. I ended up going to my small town (15,0000) Radio Shack at 6:05 and got the Tom Tom for 139.00. I love it. can't wait to take a trip to use it. I've just used it around town til I go to the big city. Thanks so much for the reviews.