JCPENNEY Black Friday Ad Posted!

Brad

Ditto, not to be rude, but go work somewhere else if it's that important to you?! It's that one time a year, if you feel strongly about it then go to a regular store that doesn't go Black Friday crazy. When younger - I used to get the Friday and Sat closing shift, I complained, but it didn't work. So I went to another store and never worked that shift again!

Haven't heard yet about the snow globes. Every year JCP gives away free mickey mouse snow globes so its always one of my first stops on BF.

My mother collects disney items so we always got to penneys 1st as well & then she gets about 5-7 of them on Christmas!!! I so hope they have it again this year!!!

Early openings will never change as long as there are people scrambling to be the first one's in the door. And I work retail, and not to be rude, I know that since I am in the RETAIL business and BF is the BIGGEST shopping day of the year, I know, and expect the store is going to be open early. It's one day, I can handle it, even though I deal with the dark side of retail (shoplifters and internal theft), it is just expected. I do feel if we weren't such a "buy me this now" type of people, and holidays didn't become so over-commercialized, then businesses could open at decent hours. Every year, we seem to lose more and more of the true meaning of these holidays and wrap ourselves up in "the next best deal". Every year someone tries to open a bit earlier and earlier. However, with all that said, I believe that the 4am opening is a crafty little move on the behalf of JCP!

My mother collects disney items so we always got to penneys 1st as well & then she gets about 5-7 of them on Christmas!!! I so hope they have it again this year!!!

What time do you personally get there to be able to get the snow globes? And where are you if you don't mind-- I think Penney's is a bigger deal in the midwest..I'm originally from Illinois and now I'm in Oregon.

What is the line like for Penney's? I went to Penney's once many moons ago-- and don't remember much. I know a lot of people seem to line up for the snow globes-- just wondering what time to get in line this year.

When they open at a more decent hour, 5 am instead of 4 :D, I get there at 5. My store is not part of a mall so parking isn't bad and there's always plenty of snow globes.