Your Spending

tyler99199

How much will you spend compared to normal years  

231 members have voted

1. 1. How much will you spend compared to normal years

• Much less
    • About the same
    • Probably more

The economy isn't going to affect my spending but the deals thus far may. However I still have my fingers crossed that some big ticket items may be revealed at the last minute (ie online).

I'm not saying all the deals are bad, they are just bad for me.

We're spending less due to saving for our first home, but not due to the economy. Well, I guess the economy is bringing housing prices down, which is influencing our decision to actively look for a home, so I guess you could look at it that way!

I have heard of those before could you please tell me how they work?

They are usualy done through a bank. You can chose a $5, $10, and so on you put the money in the account each week and they mail you your check usually first week of November. It cost nothing so any money put in stays in the account.

i've been saving all year for this, i THOUGHT i'd be spending more.

but. i haven't seen anything to get excited about yet. the few things that i was interested - the stores are behaving like buttheads so i doubt i'll make the commute for their items.

From what I've seen so far, we'll be spending less this year. Like others, it's due to the deals so far not being what I really expected. There are a few things that I would kind of like to have, but I'm not the sort that will miss Thanksgiving to get them, so I'll probably just pick up some movies and maybe a DS or something if I happen to end up somewhere that has them.

That said, I still haven't seen all of the ads I'm interested in, so that plan could change on the spur of a moment! :)

I say every year that I am not going to spend as much as the previous year....YEAH RIGHT. Sometimes in the heat of the moment I do purchase things that I had not planned on. I do suggest that you make a list and stick to it. That's what I do. I have 2 boys, dh, and a huge family, so a list helps me stick to somewhat of a guideline. I also save loose change all year long in a gallon pickle jar, which usually ends up being $300 or so by the time BF gets here, so that is the money I use for those impulse buys! Happy shopping all !

This year it is going to be less for us because all the gifts I normally buy for our family in NY became gc's and I already sent them. The shipping of the gifts was killing me!! I thought they would rather pick out their own stuff anyway. All the kids were excited when their cards arrived with the gc's in them.

I will probably be spending about the same as last year. I did have to scrimp a bit more to get the Christmas fund up to where it was last year though. We have four children and with rising prices on food, gas, etc. we are looking for more bargains to make our dollar go farther. Especially now that the kids are getting older and their taste is getting a bit pricier in the way of electronics and gadgets. So far I am a bit disappointed in the sales but I am sure I will find some good bargains before Christmas. I always do, they just may not be found on bf this year.

About the same over all. We spend approx. $1000 which I divide up and decide how much to spend on each person.

I usually end up spending about $600 on my 2 girls. Last year was a little different than usual because we bought them a quad to share but also their 'regular' gifts.

With the economy in such bad shape, how will this effect your spending this year compared to normal?

Dh has been out of work since late August and he is our sole income. Unemployment money doesn't cut it.

I see lots of great deals I'd like to take advantage of, but just can't. I don't know when he'll find work again. :no: Hopefully before unemeployment runs out...:( :( :(

About the same over all. We spend approx. $1000 which I divide up and decide how much to spend on each person.

I usually end up spending about $600 on my 2 girls. Last year was a little different than usual because we bought them a quad to share but also their 'regular' gifts.

wow. my budget previously was $500 for everyone; and this year much much less maybe $125 for my boys, dh and I aren't exchanging gifts, and everyone else will have to deal with cards and restaurant.com gift certificates. :o That's life.