>>> Official Black Friday DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME Discussion Thread <<<

Marcster

Will you be buying a digital photo frame this year? (for yourself or others)  

530 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a digital photo frame this year? (for yourself or others)

• I already have enough of them, so *NO*.
    • I have *NO* plans on buying one.
    • I plan to only buy one for MYSELF.
    • I plan to only buy one (or more) for OTHERS.
    • I plan to buy one for MYSELF and for OTHERS as a gift.
    • I don't like pictures.

Ritz Camera has the Smartparts 10.7 inch on sale all weekend for $99.99 - is this a good deal and a good quality frame? Here's the link:

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/812043750.htm

Dell has a 7 in Smartparts for $90 - so I'm thinking the Ritz deal looks pretty good - any opinions out there?

Radio Shack has the 11.3" for $99...much better deal IMO.

Personally, I prefer the one from Ritz ...

Yes, the one at Radioshack is 11.3" rather than 10.4" ... but it's widescreen ... which I don't think is that useful a format for photographs...

(If it wasn't the obviouscost savings of using portable DVD player screens / in car entertainment screens, I'd wonder why they are doing so many widescreen photo frames.)

(Plus RitzCamera is free shipping and no tax for me)

@

I didn't get on the bandwagon and buy one of these this year, though I was tempted. Hopefully by next year they won't be such a hot item and there will be good deals again. I was in line with someone at Radio Shack that was on her second store looking for one and they were out also.

Sheila

Personally, I prefer the one from Ritz ...

Yes, the one at Radioshack is 11.3" rather than 10.4" ... but it's widescreen ... which I don't think is that useful a format for photographs...

(If it wasn't the obviouscost savings of using portable DVD player screens / in car entertainment screens, I'd wonder why they are doing so many widescreen photo frames.)

(Plus RitzCamera is free shipping and no tax for me)

@

The frames show videos as well, so wide screen is probably for that.

I bought the RS one today, it's decent...you can play around with the settings to make the pictures the full screen, or a bit boxed, sort of like watching non HD TV with the sidebars. I think it's pretty decent, better than the one from Target last year. I think these will go down in price in the next year (ditto to everyone else who has said this!).

I don't think you can truly compare unless you look at them side by side...but, the resolution on this one is good, a little pixelish up close, but I told hubby you would not be staring at it from 6 inches away! We will play with for awhile and maybe give to inlaws for xmas if we see something we like better before then...

But, for 99 instead of $200. I do like the frame and it's not "plasticky" looking compared to some. I saw some neat ones earlier this week at (Brookstone?) which had three pictures in the frame which changed around, pretty neat.

OK, I know I said I wouldn't buy one, but... I did. I got the 7" widescreen one from Staples on BF.

I was talking to my CIL (cousin-in-law) on T-giving about cameras (he's a camera geek) and I was saying that I never get prints made of all the photos I take...

Then we were in Staples at about 8 am on BF and the manager was just putting out more frames, so I just picked one up...

It's nice, though I'm not totally sold on the 16x9 format since I have to crop photos before loading them onto the memory card (or else the photos don't look right in the frame). The widescreen format will be great for landscapes, I'm sure.

I bought 2 of the $50 cameras at Office Max Wed. night. I called today to see why my order was still pending. They said the frames are out of stock and my order has been cancelled. I said, "I'm looking at your site right now and the frames are still listed as in stock. So why would they be out of stock when I ordered Wednesday night?" She said, "I'm sorry but your order is cancelled." I did inform her that I wouldn't be doing any more business with Office Max before hanging up.

Anyone know where I can get a good deal today?

I bought 2 of the $50 cameras at Office Max Wed. night. I called today to see why my order was still pending. They said the frames are out of stock and my order has been cancelled. I said, "I'm looking at your site right now and the frames are still listed as in stock. So why would they be out of stock when I ordered Wednesday night?" She said, "I'm sorry but your order is cancelled." I did inform her that I wouldn't be doing any more business with Office Max before hanging up.

Anyone know where I can get a good deal today?

I bought the Kodak Digital Photo Frame 7 inch on Wednesday night. A little while later while checking my order, it said frames discontinued. But just above it, theres a box to click that says re-purchase items. Havent clicked it. But my order still says pending and processing.... Not happy with them...........:gdparanoid:

I bought the Kodak Digital Photo Frame 7 inch on Wednesday night. A little while later while checking my order, it said frames discontinued. But just above it, theres a box to click that says re-purchase items. Havent clicked it. But my order still says pending and processing.... Not happy with them...........:gdparanoid:

My order still says pending and processing also. I had emailed this weekend, then called today. They both said it was cancelled.

My order from OfficeMax is still saying pending, but when I called two different times, I was assured that it was shipping out this week. One said as early as today, the other said by Thursday. Both said I should have it by the end of the week. I hope that they don't cancel it, I will have to find one if they do.

My order from OfficeMax is still saying pending, but when I called two different times, I was assured that it was shipping out this week. One said as early as today, the other said by Thursday. Both said I should have it by the end of the week. I hope that they don't cancel it, I will have to find one if they do.

Okay, after looking at what everybody had to say bout the officemax digital frame fiasco, and checking my order online and seeing it still pending, I called customer service expecting them to say it has been cancelled and would you like to reorder it at the 99.00 price, she comes back and says my order is in transit and will be here on the 28th shipped by ups. I am stunned....was expecting to have to search for a higher dollar bargin... I still feel bad for the ones who didn't get the deal.......

I am furious with OfficeMax!!

I have been calling them for several days now! I have been hungup on, transfered,disconnected,told my order was ok when it wasn't! I wanted the APEX surge proctector & my exp dt on cc shows incorrect year. I have tried to have them correct it but no one knows what they are doing & if my order dt does not show 11/22 I will lose my rebate & they now show out of stock! Any suggestions from anyone?? Is there anyone there that speaks English??

I had a similar problem with Staples. I ordered online Thursday night, my friend ordered a second one for me (limit 1 per person). I got mine yesterday, but the one she ordered within minutes of mine was cancelled today do to being over sold. Great - now I have to start the hunt again.

Okay, after looking at what everybody had to say bout the officemax digital frame fiasco, and checking my order online and seeing it still pending, I called customer service expecting them to say it has been cancelled and would you like to reorder it at the 99.00 price, she comes back and says my order is in transit and will be here on the 28th shipped by ups. I am stunned....was expecting to have to search for a higher dollar bargin... I still feel bad for the ones who didn't get the deal.......

Okay!!! Your not going to believe what OfficeMax did. I ordered the Kodak 7in digital picture frame and I just got my delivery but when I opened the box, inside was not my kodak digital frame for the price of $49.99 but an Olympus FE-300 Digital Camera that officemax sells for $299.99:eyepoppin. I am now wondering if I order a box of paper clips, will they send me out a57inch LCD Flat Screen HDTV with a Blue Ray DVD Player.. I will call them tomorrow and I'll bet they want me to send the camera back on my dime and will make me pay the higher price for the picture frame. Or does the wife (who's present this was supposed to be for) want me to keep it.....Hmmmm

Best Buy shipped me the incorrect product (not a camera) & when I called they told me to keep the mini dvd rr or return them to the st to get my money back. And they are sending me the correct order at n/c! I say keep the camera they are prob out of stock on the frame. You are the lucky winner of the 1000 pkg. that person boxed on that day! Or it's prob. a secret sale like Walmart had.:yup:

Okay!!! Your not going to believe what OfficeMax did. I ordered the Kodak 7in digital picture frame and I just got my delivery but when I opened the box, inside was not my kodak digital frame for the price of $49.99 but an Olympus FE-300 Digital Camera that officemax sells for $299.99:eyepoppin. I am now wondering if I order a box of paper clips, will they send me out a57inch LCD Flat Screen HDTV with a Blue Ray DVD Player.. I will call them tomorrow and I'll bet they want me to send the camera back on my dime and will make me pay the higher price for the picture frame. Or does the wife (who's present this was supposed to be for) want me to keep it.....Hmmmm

:no:

Mines suppose to arrive today, hopefully it is the frame, I already have 4 digital cameras (don't ask why).

Best Buy shipped me the incorrect product (not a camera) & when I called they told me to keep the mini dvd rr or return them to the st to get my money back. And they are sending me the correct order at n/c! I say keep the camera they are prob out of stock on the frame. You are the lucky winner of the 1000 pkg. that person boxed on that day! Or it's prob. a secret sale like Walmart had.:yup:

I just got off the phone with Officemax and they are sending out a pickup slip for the camera, (she wouldn't let me keep it) and she said they will ship out the frame. I did ask her about ordering the paper clips if they would send out a blue ray dvd player instead, and she said they might. But, i didnt even get a thank you for letting them know about it. Yes I could of kept it and just ordered another frame but I knew it wasnt right. And we already have one......

:no:

Mines suppose to arrive today, hopefully it is the frame, I already have 4 digital cameras (don't ask why).

Good Luck, Hope you get the frame.........Gee! I forgot to ask officemax if the resend will be at the $49.98 charge. Guess I will have to watch my credit card......

I had a similar problem. I ordered a 9 inch frame from Dell for 99 and they did not even inform me that the frame was canceled. I only found out when I called to get info on when it would be shipped! Don't you just love talking to people in India who can barely understand you. Will never order from Dell again!!!

Congrats to those who got the frame they ordered. I've had such a fiasco that I've decided my Christmas shopping won't be done online in the future. After my OfficeMax order was cancelled, I ordered 2 of the camera/frame bundles from Sears with in-store pickup. That was on Monday. By Wednesday, I still hadn't gotten an email. I had called the store and Sears.com countless times and was finally told that orders hadn't gone to the stores and they didn't know when they would. I told her to cancel the order and sent DH to buy 2 frames. Friday, I got an email my order was ready for pickup at Sears.

In addition, I called Amazon to see why the order I placed there was saying it might not arrive before January. The biggest part of the order, a camcorder for my daughter's Christmas, was no longer available. Instead of letting my know, they were just holding the entire order.

Next year, I'd rather wade through the Black Friday crowds than deal with customer service, have my orders cancelled, and then pay full price later!

Did anyone get the $49.00 digital photo frame at Wal-Mart on Black Friday ? I got this for my daughter and I am thinking about taking it back and getting another kind. It doesn't even have a remote and doesn't take a CF card. It is a 8" screen and black. I guess I should of read more about it but I was too busy trying to get the deals.