>>> Official Black Friday GPS Navigation Unit Discussion Thread <<< (updated 11/29)

Marcster

If you are in a rather populated area, and not already in line, I would rule out the TTO LE at best buy. That is my only addition of opinion on this to you.

So I guess this is a sign of me not getting this item. I went to buy it online and it's not available (it says coming soon). And I am not getting in line this early.:yuck:

But considering we're in the middle of a huge winter storm here (freezing rain, snow, etc) I can't see many others being in line already. And if they are, well then they can have it cause they deserve it! :eyepoppin

I'll keep watching online though. Does 'coming soon' mean that they are out at the moment, or that they haven't had any yet?

I just bought bought the TomTom ONE 3rd edition online at Circuity City for $129.99 with free shipping.

Is the return policy the same as the holiday returns. in otherwards if my boyfriend doesnt like it can he return it after xmas to the store for a full refund.. anyone know??

UPDATE.. I JUST CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY WILL NOT LET YOU RETURN AFTER CHRISTMAS.. ITS 30 DAYS FROM TODAY..... GRR. THAT MAKES A HARD CHOICE

Best Buy has their tom tom one LE online right now Thurs AM for the ad price with free standard shipping.

This is great - no lines to fight with!!!

grr I just tried buying it and I can't because I don't have a US billing address. I have an address to ship to in the US, but no billing address. That sucks. That was my out so I could go to Kohls first instead! boooo:(

Is the return policy the same as the holiday returns. in otherwards if my boyfriend doesnt like it can he return it after xmas to the store for a full refund.. anyone know??

UPDATE.. I JUST CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY WILL NOT LET YOU RETURN AFTER CHRISTMAS.. ITS 30 DAYS FROM TODAY..... GRR. THAT MAKES A HARD CHOICE

:( I didn't. I assumed that Circuit City would have a Holiday Return policy. I am glad you brought it to my attention. I bought two units, and since they are both gifts, I want the return option available just in case it's needed. I am going to cancel my order.

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

:( I didn't. I assumed that Circuit City would have a Holiday Return policy. I am glad you brought it to my attention. I bought two units, and since they are both gifts, I want the return option available just in case it's needed. I am going to cancel my order.

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

UPDATE.. YOU HAVE 14 DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS TO RETURN.. I CALLED AND THEY CHECKED.. IM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE.. YEAH

Just ordered the TomTom LE from BestBuy.com which included free shipping.

ditto- then I came here to report- but of course I was 3 hours late! This REALLY takes a load off. I can skip BB on BF and now I am freed up for WM and Circuit City!!! Happy happy happy am I!!!!

Does anyone know if low end units other than the Navigon 2100 allow you to finger scroll the screen to see other areas of the map? I tried it on the Navigon in the store yesterday and was very impressed, but was unable to do it on the tom tom and nuvi.

I'm interested in the capability to see maps of areas ahead or to the side of where I'm going-allowing me to conceptualize where I am--instead of the basic capability to see where I currently am.

ok, help me asap. My sister decided (tonight) that she wants a gps...it needs to have a voice command (where she says the address to go to), and for it to talk back to her...be able to tell her if there is traffic ahead and alternate routes to avoid it, etc. Which one is best for this at the lowest price? HELP!!!

ok, help me asap. My sister decided (tonight) that she wants a gps...it needs to have a voice command (where she says the address to go to), and for it to talk back to her...be able to tell her if there is traffic ahead and alternate routes to avoid it, etc. Which one is best for this at the lowest price? HELP!!!

So your sister wants a model where she can speak aloud to the unit where she wants to go and then it gives her audio instructions on how to get there?

That is a TALL order. The ONLY units that I know that does it is the Magellan Maestro 4050 or the 4250. The Maestro 4000 and 4040 that are on sale for BF do not have this feature. Traffic service with Magellans is an extra cost add on -- $60 a year, IIRC.

Maestro 4050 for $363 (free s/h): http://www.amazon.com/Magellan-Maestro-4050-Portable-System/dp/B000NMJJPM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1195793358&sr=8-1

Maestro 4250 for $499: http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/detail.asp?dpno=7299389&Redir=1&description=Magellan-Maestro%204250%20Auto%20Navigation%20System-Radios,%20Pagers%20&%20GPS%20Devices

what time should i arrive at staples if i want to get that navigon 2100 or tomtom? And what time should I get to radioshack if i want to get that mio 320?

I'm going to arrive at Staples just before 5:00am. If I judge the line to be too long, I'm off to RS. If RS has a line, it's back to bed ;) I think GPS prices are going to be flat between now and Xmas.