GLow Sticks...for 20 cents!!!

katiesmommy01

I was just at Walmart and going through their Halloween (75% off) stuff and found a whole box of glow sticks in different colors for .20 each! These are great for treat bags for b-day parties, or to save for trick or treating next year :) I bought like 6 (and they had pink, which is my daughters fave). Hope someone else is as excited as i was about this :D

:) FYI...You can get a tube of 15 glow bracelets in assorted colors at Michaels for $1! I asked why they were so inexpensive....were they were expired?? The cashier told me that they were all new stock and that was their everyday price. So I picked up a bunch. Great for parties, etc!!! My kids wore some at an amusement park last month and loved them! Saved me from paying $1+ each at the park!

The collar store has a pack of 15 as well for $1. Plus it comes with connectors to make a bracelet or necklace. We use these when camping. Put them on the kids at night when we're playing so we can see them. Also wrap them around the tent lines so noone trips on them in the dark.

:) FYI...You can get a tube of 15 glow bracelets in assorted colors at Michaels for $1! I asked why they were so inexpensive....were they were expired?? The cashier told me that they were all new stock and that was their everyday price. So I picked up a bunch. Great for parties, etc!!! My kids wore some at an amusement park last month and loved them! Saved me from paying $1+ each at the park!

where in Michael's, don't think I have seen them in there?

Target had these in their Halloween Dollar Spot area - 15 bracelets for $1. I bought these to hand out at Halloween instead of candy. My son loves to use these when we go for a walk at night. The only "fault" I found in them was that a few ended up breaking and leaking the fluid out of them. It was a low percentage but definitely a concern with little ones playing with them.

Target had these in their Halloween Dollar Spot area - 15 bracelets for $1. I bought these to hand out at Halloween instead of candy. My son loves to use these when we go for a walk at night. The only "fault" I found in them was that a few ended up breaking and leaking the fluid out of them. It was a low percentage but definitely a concern with little ones playing with them.

I got those to give out as prizes to my students...what is inside those? Is it dangerous if it leaks out? If so, into the trash they go.

I got those to give out as prizes to my students...what is inside those? Is it dangerous if it leaks out? If so, into the trash they go.

I'm not sure what is inside of them. I got some of the fluid on my hands and nothing happened to me. However, we had some little ones with us who like to put things in their mouths, so we were careful to only give them to the older kids.

The last time I bought a glow stick it somehow burst open and got in my daughter's eye. We had to call poison control. They said that the liquid glow stuff was some kind of acid. We had to rinse her eye for about 20 minutes. Luckily she was okay and had no permanent damage to her eye. Needless to say I don't buy the glow sticks anymore.

must be different for different brands as my nephew ingested several of them was biting top off and drinking...my sil isn't not a bright shiny example sometimes...but her kids mouth was

They just told her at er to read the package next time says nontoxic right on it and at worse he could have a change in bowel movements(glowing toilet bowl would be a change for sure LOL)

I don't know if they are toxic but I do know that they will blow up if you put them in the microwave. LOL:D

I'd love to hear the story behind that one! LOL

We bought a whole bunch of them to hand out at the parade at Disney World. DD loved being "Santa" and all the kids that she gave them to were tickled to get something free at Disney World (not a common occurence!)