So far... the deals suck...

tmc

For those of you who are disappointed with the BF ads, we strongly invite you to stick around here on GD after BF is over with. Some of the hottest deals of the year are available online during the month between BF and Christmas (and there are some pretty nice deals available right now as well), and we'll be posting them as we do all the hot deals 365 days a year. So don't ditch us after BF - we promise we can save you big $ all year long!

A good place to start is the Online Hot Deals forum: http://forums.gottadeal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

and the main GottaDeal.com site: http://www.gottadeal.com

I don't see anything special this year. Target is OK but maybe Wal Mart will surprise us all????:rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath. If the one I saw was real it goes with the rest in the sucks file. Maybe the ones posted online T'day will be better. I got the tools I wanted at Sears Sunday night. I'm all finished now!:cheesy:

I am really disappointed in the ads this year so far. I will be swinging by tru for a few things for the kids, but other than that...there is no place I NEED to be come bf morning for an awesome deal. I am planning on buying some big ticket items, but the retailers have not done enough to draw me to one store over another. I will just keep watching the sales papers and checking gotta deal and I am sure I will have all I want to buy before Christmas. I have a feeling that for 99% of these "deals" I will be seeing similar prices throughout the season.

I just plan on putting around through random stores that day browsing for things I may have overlooked. There has been nothing though in the adds that has gotten me excited to go to any of the stores sadly. Kind of a bummer!

Guest mattoxa88
The deals suck this year on black friday but I think there will be a lot more unadvertised pop up deals throughout the month of November and early December. There's got to be better deals than this? Right? What happened to the "42 plasma for $599" that the media was hyping?

I have felt BF dying slowly over the past few years. I can remember camping out in front of Circuit City just antsy with anticipation. I haven't seen any "I must get this" level of deals for the past 3 years or so. I still look, just in case, but more often than not, I would rather sleep in...especially since I can get a better deal just watching the forums here and not fight the crazies.

Wow - I was really looking forward to BF this year because I could actually go for a change, but there is NOTHING that I'm interested in camping out for. I was hoping to snag a 32" HD TV. The doorbusters only seem to be good on the real high end stuff (like $1000+ TVs), while the smaller ones like that are hardly $100 off typical sale prices. And I'm sure if I just wait until next spring, I'll see the same prices (if not, no more than $50 over) on the same merchandise. Oh well, guess I get to sleep after all!

Not sure if this has been said yet, but theres something on Targest site for a secret sale like Walmart is doing. It's supposed to be posted next week online and I guess not in the ad? Not sure. But I'd have to say, other than a possible gps because I just moved to an area where I keep getting lost, I dont think there is much out there this year. Good thing I picked up a bunch of clearance toys two months ago, to knock out alot of the stuff for my oldest.

I didnt see ANY hot toys going on sale at toys r us. And I know one toy they have it priced as an early bird special, its only 5 bucks more regular price.

I just thank god that I have bought 90% of my kids' christmas items already (throughout the year due to all the clearances and sales on here). I'd be in trouble if I was depending on the ads for this BF

Ditto!!!

and you'd think with the places that have their legal issues with the ads released, they would have had something special, but I dont think they have anything really. If I go anywhere its probably going to be walmart, and thats just for the few 5.00 toys they usually have just to have as a wrapped gift under the tree.

I've done a few interviews with newspapers today and have expressed how many of you are disappointed with the ads this year, so maybe the stores will find out as these stories are published and add some last-minute deals.

Good Job! Thanks Brad for voicing our concerns! Maybe the stores will have a lot of last minute BF sales items or online deals on Cyber Monday.

I haven't seen the Walmart ad yet.. I can't believe I have missed it I check several sites every Morning, afternoon and night. I saw the Cnn article but none of the items mentioned are things I am needing. I am hoping they really have some good deals because I am heading out with family at 4a.m Black Friday and I am not looking forward to it anymore. Some places have an item or two on my list but nobody has any gotta have deals. Maybe the Toysrus and Target online deals will be great.. Fingers crossed that Walmart will be better.. Does anyone know if another ad scan will be coming for JCPenney? Even zooming in on the images I can't read most of the print and I am hoping it has reg prices so I know what 60% off etc will make it. Good Luck on BF everyone.

I think a lot of us are disappointed because we are already savvy shoppers. Personally, I have become spoiled to getting great deals all of the time because of this site so it would take something HUGE to look like a great deal to me. I am sure the average shopper will be happier with the BF ads than we are.

Because of this site, I have already saved well over $500.00 on Christmas gifts. I can't even begin to add up the money saved over the entire year. :smart: