So far... the deals suck...

tmc

I have to agree with the consensus...the killer deals really seem to be lacking this year. I haven't seen anything yet that would entice me to wait in line for hours to get. Of course, I bought lots of new "toys" during this year...new 50" plasma, new laptop, etc. so there isn't much I "need." Would like to see a killer deal on a good wireless-N router, some lightscribe disks (for the drive in the new laptop). From what I've seen so far, for the most part there's been comparable deals periodically for the past couple months. I'll probably just plan on being there when the store(s) open.

i'm glad there is a thread for this because i couldn't agree more.

this is the first year where i think i'm actually going to stay home. i've seen and purchased better deals already this year and if anything really grabs me i'll probably get it online.

i don't plan on buying any big ticket items, but if i wanted an hdtv i'd probably go to the sears friends and family tomorrow and get a better deal. that or wait until next year.

the only thing that made me say "oh thats cool" was some dvds at CC. and i already have netflix so i'm not that worried. but i would like to get my wife the new gilmore girls season. =)

I am thinking a lot of the stores are saving the big doorbuster items to be added as overwraps to their ads at the last minute. Or advertised on tv or online a day or two before. You never know. Either way this is the first year I will not be going out on BF since my hubby is deployed and I have no one to watch the kids. Oh well hopefully I can catch some good online specials.

Well, I'll be getting that 37" Olevia @ Target here in Chicago if I can't find any better deals online within the next week. Hopefully I do, don't much feel like camping out but @tleast it'll be at Harlem and Irving Plaza here on the north side. Targets main door is litterally in the parking lot so if it happens to rain or something, I wouldn't be effected.

Well, I'll be getting that 37" Olevia @ Target here in Chicago if I can't find any better deals online within the next week. Hopefully I do, don't much feel like camping out but @tleast it'll be at Harlem and Irving Plaza here on the north side. Targets main door is litterally in the parking lot so if it happens to rain or something, I wouldn't be effected.

sucker. :razz:

off-topic though, this is the we hate BF07 thread. ;)

if there are no door-busters to be added in the paper days before BF then count me out for sure.

All I keep hearing on the news is that this is the year for deals... I am not sure where but they sure aren't being advertised! Last year by this time, I had a very long list. This year I have about 5 for sure things and 2 maybe's. If one of them wasn't a computer, I would not bother to go out, I'd go to the theme parks instead (I will be in Orlando with my family, they are going to the parks, I am going shopping).

There are some decent deals to be had. Its always the same thing here. Deals suck deals suck last year was better wawawa. Next year you will be complaining this years deals were better lol. Smile people BF is almost here. We don't have all the ads in and BB will be throwing out a last min addiotion again this year if you read the fine print on the ad its hinted at. Last years some of the best BB items were in that secret ad. I expect there to be a sweet laptop deal in there. BB will not be out done on laptops by walmart. Not gonna happen

If I'm saying this year's ads are better this time next year we are all in trouble! What happened to FAR deals? Good thing I stocked up on blank CDs, and dirt cheap hard drives when I could... I believe I have a lifetime supply of FAR CD's gotten back in the good old days and 4 hard drives on hand. I could use a spare DVD burner. Any stores selling one for $19.99 this year?

Well.. new ads came out today (Staples / Radio Shack) and they pretty much suck. Staples has a cheaper laptop for $349, but it has less features than the Sony laptop posted at Best Buy for $399. I will be staying home this Black Friday as this year's is going to be a total bust (unless Walmart pulls a trick out of the hat).

I don't know if I totally disagree that this year sucks...

I have seen some good deals on stuff I have on my list and actually need (which makes my wallet and husband happy) but nothing that makes me want to tighten my belt the next two weeks (like an INCREDIBLE deal on an LCD HDTV) to afford. Just really disappointed overall in the pricing on electronics and computers. I really hope there are some last minute reveals (and please NO BOTH ROBES!) that will make BF seem so much more impressive this year. I really don't want to see WM pull any tricks out of their hat because I really loathe that whole corporation.

I'm disappointed, too. I thought it was because I had all of my big items (laptop, flat screen monitor, mp3 player, etc.)...I was so excited last year, and now that I realize that BF is less than 2 weeks away, I'm like "Yay?!?" :g_think: But I'm hoping that the Fry's ad will bring my spirits up. :tongue1:

I don't need any of the big ticket stuff this year, and I will never camp out for anything, heck, I'm not even big on early doorbusters, so I haven't been super disappointed in the ads. I've found lots of stuff worth going out later in the day for. I think it's going to be a great year to leisurely shop for *good* deals rather that run around in a over-tired panic for all the *fantastic* deals.

Yeah I'm thinking about picking a store that won't have as many people just to be out. Once all stores are fully open and the main crowd has gone in and wrecked the store, then I can show up and see what's left. If I miss anything, I won't worry since there's nothing really to miss. Still gotta wait and see what Wal-Mart is doing.

I think there are still deals to be had on Black Friday. Shoot, even if I don't find anything that I just 'have to have', I am sure I will be out there freezing my buns off just for the sake of Black Friday. I WILL find something! (sorry, pretty optimistic this evening)

For those of you that haven't been around prior to this BF season, let me let you in on a little secret: We stay open ALL YEAR LONG, 365 days/week, 24 hrs/day. This site brings you deals that beat out Black Friday prices throughout the year, you just have to check the site on a frequent basis.

I am thinking a lot of the stores are saving the big doorbuster items to be added as overwraps to their ads at the last minute. Or advertised on tv or online a day or two before. You never know. Either way this is the first year I will not be going out on BF since my hubby is deployed and I have no one to watch the kids. Oh well hopefully I can catch some good online specials.

Which store did you go to last year? I was at Best buy.

All I keep hearing on the news is that this is the year for deals... I am not sure where but they sure aren't being advertised! ).

I agree! Every night this week they have been talking about how sales are down and retailers are going to discount even more. I don't the ads reflect that at all. So far, I don't see anything I can't live without.

I agree! Every night this week they have been talking about how sales are down and retailers are going to discount even more. I don't the ads reflect that at all. So far, I don't see anything I can't live without.

What I've noticed is that due to the number of people that have been getting out the past 3 years, stores seem to be holding back on the deals. Plus they're waiting until closer to Christmas for some of the deals. Around here, people jump a sale when items are first put on clearance. It used to be that people would at least wait for 60% off, but they're ready to fight the day 10% signs are put up. I don't know why people have gotten to be that way, but it's not fun!

Dh was talking with a coworker and he said he heard a report that the sales on black friday are not going to be that great.> From what I see most are not .. He said that the retailers are going to do the sales either before black friday or shortly after that will blow black friday away?? He told me to make sure I keep my eyes open but I told him he is talking to a professional LOL if I knew that better sales are out there we would know expecially if its before black friday. He said it was on CNN but I havent seen anything . Has anyone else seen this report that the coworker is talking about :confused: