So far... the deals suck...

tmc

I was hoping for a high powered desktop for a mid-price. I did not expect to find an AMD 6000+ dual core for $399, but I was thinking say $550?? seeing as how Compusa had one for $659 a while back... I am let down. Maybe OD or Staples will have something better than CC or BB.

Yeah you can get a $199 computer, but except for the 17" flat panel, that pc is cheap old stock that I cant believe they put vista home premium on.

do they ever offer the deals on line?

What bawker said.

The absolute best deals you normally can't get on-line. But since the deals are getting worse and worse, it seems logical the retailers might not be adverse to increasing the number of people getting them.

Last year I ordered a Black Friday doorbuster GPS, on Thanksgiving, from the Circuit City web site with store pickup. Then I successfully picked it up, at the store, on black Friday, near the end of the morning doorbuster period. And I got the doorbuster price without standing in the opening lines. And there was no problem with the rebate. That strategy is really risky, but less risky, maybe, than in the past because of decreasing use of rebates.

If a specific limited quantity -- say 20 per store -- is listed in the ad, it is likely is a loss leader they won't sell on the web. Or if they do, it will be available for milliseconds.

There's no law that they have to give stuff away, as they often seemed to be doing until a few years ago.

i agree completely! although i was quite suprised that best buys deals were'nt with any rebates (since they are king in that category). still not worth going out 14 hours early for.

very dissapointed sears is not giving out gift cards this year.

:eek:ARE U FOR SURE SEARS IS NOT GIVING GIF CARDS THIS BLACK FRIDAY???????? :shock:

i hope is not true:mad:

There are some decent deals to be had. Its always the same thing here. Deals suck deals suck last year was better wawawa. Next year you will be complaining this years deals were better lol. Smile people BF is almost here. We don't have all the ads in and BB will be throwing out a last min addiotion again this year if you read the fine print on the ad its hinted at. Last years some of the best BB items were in that secret ad. I expect there to be a sweet laptop deal in there. BB will not be out done on laptops by walmart. Not gonna happen

I was surprised the PS3 was not on sale you can buy now @ $399.00 for the 40GB and the Xbox360 is not very good either.

The LCD HDTV seems that last year you had the better deals, but the market is in demand so that was expected to stay at a level price.

Seemed some ok Jewlery on sale and thats good for the ladys.

Well good luck to everyone it's slim pickens this year, but get what you can and have fun!

I had been waiting on BB and CC ads to come and was not wowed by anything other than the $299 laptop deal w/ CC. Did anyone notice any really good PC deals out there? If there isn't any amazing deals on one, I am likely just going to buy a unit from my soon-to-be-former employer as they liquidate excess computers (laying off 50% of the workforce).

I have to say I am kinda pleased that the deals suck this year, now I dont have to force myself to camp out all night so I wont miss a deal. I guess I can eat my turkey all day and then get a good nights sleep then wake up and hit a few stores. I gotta say though that the ads from BB and CC are pretty lame. I mean BB is the leader on this day and they blew it this year. No doorbuster laptops, a crappy e-machine for 200 bucks and no doorbuster Lcd or plasma's. All the prices in the ad are deals you can pick up during the year if you pay attention. Well im sleeping in this year and then Ill go to BB to see if they still have the only good deals of the day left, the 22" lcd monitor and the TomTom gps.:no:

I agree most of the deals such although I do like that 10" portable Dvd player for 84 bucks at Target. Last week my Target was clearancing out their Tom Tom GPS for 174 bucks. Maybe some Targets still have them. Ours was located not in Electronics but way over in the Auto Supplies section on an endcap with the locktag on it.