Discover Card Users

shelleyj

one of our malls is on it...but i dont think i could spend 200 dollars there...on my discover card...i mean i guess i could really...lol

LOL! I don't think I would have been able to either. I just got lucky with my dishwasher purchase.

It was a great deal for me because I had already spent the $$ on a dishwasher and since we pay off our credit cards monthly, it was a great deal to get $40 in FREE gift cards.

Sounds like a great deal for you because you would have made the purchase anyway and are careful about how you use your credit cards. Kudos to you. Do you still get cashback bonus on those charges? If so an even better deal!

Thank you for the heads up. Like you we have been pricing dishwashers since ours went up. There is a mall in our area and that is exactly where we were going to buy it from. I will take the free $40.00 in GC and use them towards Christmas presents.Like you we pay off our cards evey month.

Sounds like a great deal for you because you would have made the purchase anyway and are careful about how you use your credit cards. Kudos to you. Do you still get cashback bonus on those charges? If so an even better deal!

Yes, you still get the cashback bonus too. :)

They had this deal last Christmas and again this past summer. I always take advantage of it. What I do is purchase gift cards to my favorite stores like American Eagle (for my 14 year old), Children's Place and The Disney Store, among others. These are stores where I know I will be spending money. The gift cards can be used on anything.

One neat thing that happened last Christmas was I purchased a few items at Children's Place along with a gift card. I used a coupon for the items, but they took off the cost of the gift card too. I paid 20 percent less the my gift card amount. I will try it again this year, but that may not happen again.

We pay our credit cards in full, so that helps to save money too. And, the cash back is always nice.

If your mall isn't there, think about places you might be traveling. I am going to be traveling in the next two weeks through a town two hours from me. I will be stopping to purchase my gift cards to earn the gift cards. I wouldn't normally travel two hours for this deal though.

• 3 weeks later...

What happens if I need to return some items?

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I bought a game at one of the participating malls on BF and now I need to return it because I found it cheaper someplace else. Will this affect my $20 Discover gift card?

i returned a few things (~$100) and didn't have any issues with my discover gift cards. I got 5 cards.

That's good news for me.

Although, what's to prevent someone from buying $1,000 of merchandise to get the 5 gift cards and then return all of it after they get the gift cards?