False Information

redgssports

Here in Ohio, in the Cleveland area this morning a local radio station put out a story that Walmart will NOT have Black Friday specials. This is due to, according to them, all the problems in the past with the rush and bad publicity of people getting hurt.

I think this is a load of it. They also said that is why they are having these specials leading up to BF.

Any thoughts??

the radio station was WJMO which is a pretty low am station. 1490 on the am dial.

i am thinking there is so much junk going around now that it was just a bunch of stories that were put together to form one.

I know in recent years there have been some pretty bad experiences at our local walmarts. Some Walmarts have those big side sliding galss doors and last year myself and another guy had to grab the door because it was knocked off the track and was falling. From that point there were all kinds of stories. I just think it is past items being melded with curret stuff.

there will be special secret items for Thanksgiving they will be announced on wal-mart.com the day before I believe. Yes there will be a blitz ad should be in homes on the 19th. There will be more secret items introduced on wal-mart.com for blitz weekend those will go from black friday til that sunday then the following weekend there will be more secret items and the weekend after that there will be more secret items all to be announced on wal-mart.com you can sign up for email alerts and text messages when secret items are made known.

But yes there will be a blitz!!!

No way! My Super walmart was packed at 4am with people standing around waiting for the sale to start. Buy 630am it was so packed I ducked out and went to breakfast. There is NO WAY they would give up all that business. There had to be 1000 or more people there.

There is no way wal mart is giving up black friday! Their is way to may people that come out that day just to shop! I mean c'mon now I know several people that save most of the yr just to spend it on black friday!:P They would be very foolish to give those kind of sales up

this is simply an untrue RUMOR because I have several friends that work at different WALMARTS and they already have some of the things in.Its all wrapped in black in boxes on pallets and employees are threatened with their jobs if they are caught trying to peek..My friend is a night manager over stockers and he says they already have the items in at his store but refuses to tell me what they are...

Maybe some Wal-mart exec started the rumor. Maybe they hope people will be so happy when they do give out the ad and are having the sale that they'll forget this whole mess. Fat chance. Already making my list off the Target and Kmart ads. An extra hour drive, but the only way Wal-mart will get my BF business is to have jaw dropping prices. I don't see that happening.

I saw a sign in my Wal-mart just last night behind one of the registers informing all employees that they WERE working on the "blitz" Friday, and the day after.

As for the point that Brad wouldn't have gotten threatened with the legal action if there wasn't going to be one--EXACTLY!!!! :D

Guest Mom1979

Just something to think about for those who beleive WM would "skip" BF.....Why would Brad have gotten the threat of legal action for the early release of the copyrighted BF ad IF THEY WEREN"T HAVING ANY???:rolleyes:

Can't argue with that..