Sears Won't Match BF Ads!

AmyFamyBoBamy

I wanted you all to know that a manager at Sears told me that corporate said that they would not be matching ANY ad on black friday! This was after they refused to match the Walmart ad for the Toshiba DVD player friday even though I and the man behind me had a receipt from Walmart showing that they still had them in stock. They were so rude and said that they don't match any "special" sales. What the heck is a "special" sale? I guess whatever they decide is too good of a deal. I have never heard of a store that supposedly matches ads saying they won't match ads from any store for an entire day! That's just rediculous. I told them that it was convenient to decide to go against policy for the biggest sale day of the year. I have never been treated with such disrespect either. I will NOT be shopping at Sears EVER again! I'd rather go somewhere that sticks to their policies even when it's inconvenient and treats their customers with the respect that we deserve.

WOW... That is really terrible... I was talking to someone at walmart, because I was going after the 26" RCA TV on the front of the regular circular ad this week and they were telling me how there is a limited quantity at each store... by limited HE MEANT TWO PER STORE.... why would you put this on the FRONT PAGE of your ad if you were only going to have 2!?!?!? That was crazy to me, so I started calling every store i could think of that price matches and asking if they have a 26" RCA and NOBODY DID!!! NOT ONE STORE I CALLED had a 26" RCA TV!!!! But when I called sears the girl must have been familiar with this ad, because she said if you are looking to price match the TV from the front page, we couldn't even if we had the TV because it is a special sale with limited quantities as Walmart. I was really suprised that they said that....

That is really disappointing. They were so good about it last year. It seems that the stores think that consumers will spend their money no matter what and so they do whatever it takes to increase their profits. I have a certain amout of money to spend and not one store has been enticing me to spend more or to come to their store. Don't get me wrong I'll be out on BF but I will probably be home early.

Not true, Sears stands behind it's price match policy. However the other retailer has to have the product in stock. On Black Friday, it is impossible to verify what each retailer has in stock at 5 or 6 am. Keep in mind each retaler has great door busters to get you in the door, you can not expect other retailers to match those prices. The Sales Associates will think you are a total JERK for even asking. Other customers are going to want the same level of customer serivce you are expecting, so do not expect an associate, especially a commission associate to stand on the phone for 30 minutes to get ahold of another retailer that does not have time to answer the phone either just to save you a few dollars. Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy they are not going to do it either. You have two options, pick the retailer with the best deals for you, or stay home and shop on line and hope for the best. By the way, no retailer is going to match limited quanities of another retailer. Those are either a special purchase of gone when gone. You have to be realistic on Black Friday - YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET EVERY GREAT DEAL OUT THERE! Move on.

Not true, Sears stands behind it's price match policy. However the other retailer has to have the product in stock. On Black Friday, it is impossible to verify what each retailer has in stock at 5 or 6 am. Keep in mind each retaler has great door busters to get you in the door, you can not expect other retailers to match those prices. The Sales Associates will think you are a total JERK for even asking. Other customers are going to want the same level of customer serivce you are expecting, so do not expect an associate, especially a commission associate to stand on the phone for 30 minutes to get ahold of another retailer that does not have time to answer the phone either just to save you a few dollars. Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy they are not going to do it either. You have two options, pick the retailer with the best deals for you, or stay home and shop on line and hope for the best. By the way, no retailer is going to match limited quanities of another retailer. Those are either a special purchase of gone when gone. You have to be realistic on Black Friday - YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET EVERY GREAT DEAL OUT THERE! Move on.

I'm sorry but pricematching is pricematching. I don't care if the sales associate thinks I am a jerk for asking. If Sears wants me in THEIR doors then they should pricematch the doorbuster from the other stores until their stock is gone - which would probably be just as quick as the other stores stock gets depleted.

By the way..... our Wal-Mart did price match doorbusters from other stores last BF and I expect them to do the same this year.

I was talking to a SEARS clerk about the Sony Tv they (Sears) has in the BF ad and asked how crazy they were last year. He tsuggested to buy it now and then just come in with the receipt on BF day but not fight the opening door crowds. He stated they would reduce the price I paid earlier as long as I come in before the doorbuster time slot is not over. I got him to verify with a manager and got his name also. Has anyone ever done that and did you have any problems?????????

I was talking to a SEARS clerk about the Sony Tv they (Sears) has in the BF ad and asked how crazy they were last year. He tsuggested to buy it now and then just come in with the receipt on BF day but not fight the opening door crowds. He stated they would reduce the price I paid earlier as long as I come in before the doorbuster time slot is not over. I got him to verify with a manager and got his name also. Has anyone ever done that and did you have any problems?????????

Hi,

Yes I did this this morning with the 46" Sony TV> They did not have it in the store but said they could order it and have it to me by the 13th. Additionally, I got the promotion of 0% interest for 18 months today. They charged the full amount and told me to come back on Black Friday with my recepit and they would creidt me the difference. The clerk told me that they will match ANY black friday ad. He also confirmed this with the store manager. Hope they don't change their mind.

If your Sears store is saying they will credit the difference between what you pay now and what they sell something for on Black Friday, then feel fortunate. Better yet, ask them to tell you that in writing. I -e-mailed them with that question, and here is the corporate policy.

"We appreciate your interest in products from Sears. Sears does offer a thirty day price guarantee on purchases. If an item that you purchase goes on sale for a lower price within thirty days after the purchase date, you may contact us to request an adjustment to your account for the purchase. Unfortunately, Black Friday is considered a promotion. Promotions are not available for sales adjustments under the price protection offer. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Were you able to take advantage of the mail-in rebate OR did you exempt yourself from that since you opted to get the interest free? The manager at my store said one or the other.

Nope. I went with 0% interest. I was told the same thing one or the other.

If your Sears store is saying they will credit the difference between what you pay now and what they sell something for on Black Friday, then feel fortunate. Better yet, ask them to tell you that in writing. I -e-mailed them with that question, and here is the corporate policy.

"We appreciate your interest in products from Sears. Sears does offer a thirty day price guarantee on purchases. If an item that you purchase goes on sale for a lower price within thirty days after the purchase date, you may contact us to request an adjustment to your account for the purchase. Unfortunately, Black Friday is considered a promotion. Promotions are not available for sales adjustments under the price protection offer. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I guess I am lucky. The tool department and the electronics department all said the samething and the store manager said they would price match anything even from other stores as long as it was the exact same thing because they want my business.

I guess I am lucky. The tool department and the electronics department all said the samething and the store manager said they would price match anything even from other stores as long as it was the exact same thing because they want my business.

Well, you can't really say you are lucky until Black Friday when you actually get the difference refunded. You could go in on BF and have them tell you they recevied guidance from the corporate office not to offer price protection at the BF sale prices. What you could do at that point is just return the merchandise and get your money back.

I would really like to pick up one of the TV's that Sears has on sale for BF. It would be nice if I could just go buy it now, and go in on BF and get the difference refunded. But unless I have something in writing from someone at Sears saying they will do that, then I don't want to take a chance. I'll probably just go to Circuit City and get one of their TVs on BF. By the way, I e-mailed Circuit City the same question as I asked Sears, I'm still waiting for the reply from Circuit City however.

I'm sorry but pricematching is pricematching. I don't care if the sales associate thinks I am a jerk for asking. If Sears wants me in THEIR doors then they should pricematch the doorbuster from the other stores until their stock is gone - which would probably be just as quick as the other stores stock gets depleted.

By the way..... our Wal-Mart did price match doorbusters from other stores last BF and I expect them to do the same this year.

Perfect, go to Wal Mart, sounds like the perfect retailer for you. That is why you have choices!

I agree that Pricematching is Pricematching and either a store should or shouldn't do it. However, a store is out for themselves and not thier customers as they prove over and over again. They are always bending their own rules to do whatever is going to benefit them most in any given situation. BUT I don't think that on a day as crazy as BF that it is reasonable to expect them to verify another store still has a product in stock - (personally I think they should pricematch it as long as they have it in stock)0 - but that's just me. Pricematching is a tricky thing. I feel that a store agrees to match another company's price on something because they are trying to get me as a customer - by making me feel unwelcome in their store when I try to take advantage of something they are offering to me they are defeating the entire purpose and I feel that they should not even bother. I have in complete honesty only Pricematched 1 item in my entire life and it wasn't even for me!!! I feel like I owe my business to the store who was willing to give me the best price in the first place.

Just so you know, Sears never price matches "limited quantities" or "while supplies last" so they are consistent. Every sales flyer lists the various limitations/small print. It doesn't make sense for them to price match something the other store doesn't even have or can't guarantee will be in stock when you get there.

As to the stores just being out for themselves, they're not exactly out there as non-profits, and it's not like customers aren't looking out for themselves too. In saying the customer comes first, they're not saying "hey just walk out the door with it and forget the fact we have to pay our employees, electricity, etc."

FYI, Sears is one of the best employers and customer conscious companies out there. They make up the difference in reservist pay and continue their benefits for up to 2 yrs when someone is called up to active duty. They also support Heroes at Home which helps repair military families and veteran's homes. Sure they're out to make money, but at least they take care of their employees, which is more than a lot of stores can say.

Shop where you will, but I'd rather support a company that truly thinks beyond their bottom line.