What do YOU wear for BF

lovebears65

I know I buy those foot warmer and handwarmers you can find in the hunting section. Let me tell you those things work great.. this year we are getting a tent so we can get out of the wind. I think last year if it wasnt so windy it would not have been so bad. I had 5 layers of jackets on which kinds sucks once your in the store :cheesy: you fill your basket with your coats and dont have room for your goodies :razz:

2 years ago on BF it was 15 :eek: degrees here in nyc ,i wore a long jacket, scarf, gloves , hat , 2 pair of socks , 2 shirts under a sweater , long johns and boots.

Last year it was 60+ degrees :D so my winter coat i left in the car and walked around with a sweater. Hopefully this year us NYers will have great weather again ,we are currently experiencing strange weather(its 80 degrees in october!:D )

Be careful with the Thermacare stuff...I once had a patient who'd used it for hip pain, and we had to treat her for wound care because she was burned so badly by it!

I'm in layers while I wait outside, with hat, scarf, mittens, and a cup of coffee to wake me up...then once I'm inside waiting to check out, I get rid of my coat and stuff, and then it stays in the car, because just running through a parking lot or through a mall to get to the next place (or just the thought of it ;) ) is enough to keep me warm!:D

I stay away from those hand / foot warmer products, now. They actually do me more harm than good, because they make me sweat and then not long after than, my socks or gloves are wet and cold.

I'd recommend wearing layers, especially for your socks and body. A good set of gloves and a hat are a must. If you will be able to sit, take a blanket. If you're lucky, you'll have someone to share the blanket with and be even warmer!

While sitting in line, I wrap up in a sub-zero sleeping bag. I pass it to my hubby to put in the car when the natives start getting restless. The excitement start to get palpable and we start doing our stretches!!!:P

well before Wal mart opened 24 hours I sat out freezing with blankets and warmers but now if it's my first stop i go around 2a.m. in the store cuz its open and shop for non BF specials till its time,..sometimes the ppl from around here take the stuff early by ripping the plastic,..last year i almost didnt get any of hte athletic girls suits for $7.00 ,..th3e managers had to gaurd the specials,..it was crazy