Big Lots -- digital photo viewer $9.99

BigBob

Big Lots Stores flyer today ... Digital photo card viewer for $9.99.

This is a Radio Shack closed out model that has a 3.5" LCD color screen and 2 card slots for digital camera memory cards. It accepts compact flash, secure digital, and multi-media cards. Built in slide show feature. USB interface for your computer and video output to plug into your TV set.

Our Big Lots had about 24 of them on the shelf at 1:30 and they were all gone by 5:00. They "expect" more in on Friday.

Other places on the web are selling them for $30-40.

I gottadeal on 3 of them. :2roller:

Only available in the stores, apparently. And, they flew out like crazed bats at feeding time according to the store manager. I went back to buy 3 more at 5:00 and they were gone gone gone. Store manager says several others came in wanting to buy from 10 to 100 of them. Bet those were headed for e-bay ! The manager called 3 other nearby stores for me and they all said that they were shocked at how fast they sold and that they are getting tons of calls.

Quality is typical Rat Shack stuff. I tested all 3 of them out and they work fine. Plastic case, wall wart power supply, USB and video cable are included along with a CD of software labelled for Windows 98SE. Screen is nice, colors are OK. There's a nice "prop" on the back so you can stand the thing up like a picture frame. You can delete pictures from a card easily. I didn't try hooking it to a PC yet, as I really don't need it for that purpose. I'm betting it's USB 1.1 too.

The best use I can see for them is as a digital "picture frame". Load some favorite pics in a smallish SD or CF card, put it on your desk or fireplace mantle, and let it run with the built in slide show software. It'll go for 10 hours and then auto shutdown.

I ran tests using SD and CF cards from a Panasonic 5 MP digicam and a 4 MP Canon digicam and the unit worked as advertised.

VERY well worth the $10 if you can find one. The stores "may" be getting more in on Friday or possibly next Tuesday. They really never know what they will be getting until they unload the trucks.

Size ? Hmmm ... :idea: I don't have it here at the office with me but I'll guesstimate for you. I'd say it's 5" x 5" x 1" thick. If you go to www.woot.com , then into their "community" area, then page back into history (maybe page 3?) until you find the day that woot.com was selling it, there's a lot of good info and a picture of it there.

Size ? Hmmm ... :idea: I don't have it here at the office with me but I'll guesstimate for you. I'd say it's 5" x 5" x 1" thick. If you go to www.woot.com , then into their "community" area, then page back into history (maybe page 3?) until you find the day that woot.com was selling it, there's a lot of good info and a picture of it there.

woot.com thread

Our local Bigs Lots are probably wiped out but it's worth a check.