Aafes Bx/px

wyntyrose

My husband just retired from the Air Force and we moved back to So. Cal. We are 45 minutes away from the base, so sadly I will not be going there first. However, I would recommend it first, since they price match and usually have a great doorbuster. Enjoy!!:razz:

Kandy here is the lowdown..........PX does not start until 6 am this year. Check the latest Aafes flyer. They are talking about $20 GC to the first 100 customers, one per family, with many give aways in the pm, who wants to hang around until the afternoon?..... I will not wait in line at 6 am ...... I need to be in Dothan......

I have had some good deals around BF. At the NEX, each Fri or Sat night for several weeks(I can't remember before or after), they have had some late night specials. I got the Sony portable 8 in DVD player for $79 last year. It retails for almost $200. I got a 5MP Fuji camera for $89. So they have some good deals, just not on BF.:D

Kandy here is the lowdown..........PX does not start until 6 am this year. Check the latest Aafes flyer. They are talking about $20 GC to the first 100 customers, one per family, with many give aways in the pm, who wants to hang around until the afternoon?..... I will not wait in line at 6 am ...... I need to be in Dothan......

last year they opened alot earlier....how RUDE.....I haven't gotten a flyer recently from them... :(

Now do I go to Dothan or Columbus....:eyepoppin

A couple of years ago at AAFES Fort Carson, 3 days in a row they gave out $20 giftcards to the first 50-100 people. I got 1 each day..$60 free, so it was worth it for me to go.

We did this at Sears one year. Got several over a few weeks. My wife won the 'Grand Prize' of a $500 gift card to use in any department. We bought a large Sony HDTV. Regular rice was $1800. They didn't have the model we originally wanted(a Panasonic) so they offered us a choice of any other for $1400. We bought it on a Saturday and they had a special, $100 off any TV before noon. Now it's down to $1300. Minus the $500 card = $800. Plus a few more cards at $20 each and we walked out paying less than $700 out of our pocket for an $1800 HDTV. That is a DEAL!:D

I have never gone to the BX on BF because we normally go home. This year we are too far form home so I will be there with all my ads and hopefully in line for the GC. Do you know if you have to have an ID to get the GC? My cousin will be with me and it would be sweet if she could get one. Thanks!

I spoke with the exchange manager here at Fort Drum today and was told that many PX/BX's are going to be opening before 6 am to help their sales.

I know at my BX they only gave the gift cards to people with ID's. My store also ran specials that were not in the ads but were emailed to people the day or two before the BF. They were really great too (75% off purses, %75 all Christmas items, etc.) It was well worth my time there....I came out with way more than I had planned but paid way less than I would have any other day.

I usually hit the PX on Saturday with my daughter...it makes up for being away all day Friday and we shop for her friends/ dad, etc. gifts plus she gets the GC and we have a girl's day out and my husband rest at home. I believe it opens at 5am.

I can't go there on Friday because every other store is a 2 hour drive away....

Ditto, where's the add? Have in past waited with always a cheery bunch of folks in 20+ degree weather till they passed out the $__ coupons to the first 100 folks. But if the word is open early, & the prices are good, I may scratch all and drive the 50+ miles to wait in line.

i think I will be taking a trip to the exchange at lunch today. I know last year I got the ad on the 7th or 8th, if I find it I will scan it right away and send to Brad.

We have to exchange buildings this year, I have no idea how that is going to work one is toys the other regular household goods.

They are the Army and Air Force Exchange stores. They are on military bases (have to have a military ID to shop there).

Dolt...:g_doh: That may be why I have never heard of them. I dont know any military, and it is an hour to the closest base. Sorry, hopefully this clears it up for anyone else as uninformed as I was.