Halloween Candy: $.16/bag @ Target AC

jerseygurl

Target has bags of Hershey's snack/fun size candy for 3/$5 ($1.66 each)

1) Use the Target coupon for $2/2 from the 9/23 SS

2) Use the $1/2 MC from the 10/7 SS

3.32 - 2 bags 1.66 each

2.00 - less Target coupon

1.00 - less 10/7 SS MC

.32 OOP:eyepoppin

Best deal I have seen on candy so far

Thanks

where did you get the coupon

They are from the coupon insters in the Sunday papers. One is from 9/23 and the other is from 10/07.

The deal the OP posted is very YMMV, since for the deal she posted you would of needed to purchase 4 bags of candy, not just 2.

My deal looks like this:

$16.67 - 10 bags of candy.

-2.00 - $2/2 bags coupon

-1.00 - $1/2 coupon

-1.00 - $1/2 coupon

-1.00 - $1/2 coupon

-1.00 - $1/2 coupon

$10.67 - total for 10 bags of candy.

It would about $1 for each bag of candy, which isn't bad!

They are from the coupon insters in the Sunday papers. One is from 9/23 and the other is from 10/07.

The deal the OP posted is very YMMV, since for the deal she posted you would of needed to purchase 4 bags of candy, not just 2.

My deal looks like this:

$16.67 - 10 bags of candy.

-2.00 - $2/2 bags coupon

-1.00 - $1/2 coupon

-1.00 - $1/2 coupon

-1.00 - $1/2 coupon

-1.00 - $1/2 coupon

$10.67 - total for 10 bags of candy.

It would about $1 for each bag of candy, which isn't bad!

Thanks

Why would she od had to buy 4 bags of candy? It is my understanding you can use 1 target and 1 manf coupon per item so you would only have to buy 2 bags as op stated. Has something changed recently not allowing this?

You are correct!! :D I never realized it was a Target coupon. I thought it was just another Manf. coupon. That does make the deal even sweeter.

Why would she od had to buy 4 bags of candy? It is my understanding you can use 1 target and 1 manf coupon per item so you would only have to buy 2 bags as op stated. Has something changed recently not allowing this?

I was told today by several very rude Target employees that the policy has changed. They have recently become aware of how many people are using so many coupons and they have decided to stop allowing the use of both Target and Manufacturer coupons. From now on if you have over 10 coupons the manager must approve them. When I asked to see where it says this new info I was treated like I was trying to steal from them. I just figure if they have a new policy it must have been sent out in a memo or an email or something. If that is the deal fine but I just got the impression that they didnt want to do it. I have never been so mad at Target and I left there practically in tears.

I went last night with Target and manf. coupons on the candy and did not have a problem. This was unusual, because it seems like every time I go in there, the register beeps for no reason or the cashier says, you can't use 2 coupons on 1 item. The last time, she called the manager over who corrected her and said yes you can! I was pleasantly surprised last night when there were no issues! And the Target coupon on the candy also came from the Sunday inserts- it was with all of the other manf. coupons.

I used my Target candy coupon and Manufacturer coupon today. And of course the cashier said "You can only use one coupon per item." And I said in a rather 'I KNOW IT ALL' Tone..."Yes you can. You can use one store coupon and one manufacturer coupon." She then ran the rest of my coupons through (1 polly pocket, 1 revlon, 2 minute maid store coupons) THEN asked "how many bags of candy do you have?" She had rang them through already. I said "FOUR" and she then ran the coupons. She didn't have anything to say after that.

I was exicted though, I had found 2 MM 10pks and got the last polly pocket they had for $4.99.

I was told today by several very rude Target employees that the policy has changed. They have recently become aware of how many people are using so many coupons and they have decided to stop allowing the use of both Target and Manufacturer coupons. From now on if you have over 10 coupons the manager must approve them. When I asked to see where it says this new info I was treated like I was trying to steal from them. I just figure if they have a new policy it must have been sent out in a memo or an email or something. If that is the deal fine but I just got the impression that they didnt want to do it. I have never been so mad at Target and I left there practically in tears.

Since I read you had problems and was told something different I went ahead and printed out my email from Target stating their coupon policy of accepting 1 Target and 1 manf coupon per item in case I had problems. I ended up grabbing 3 bags since I seen a bag of candy bars I like for me on my way to check out. :gdlicklips: The cashier didn`t bat an eye at me using both coupons. So this is apparently going to be a ymmv getting to use both.

I tried using a Target coupon and a manufacture's coupon on one item and they wouldn't let me. The cashier is always there working everytime I check out. They usually only have 1 or 2 lines open so I have to go to her. This was a couple months ago and if I had known for sure I could of used 2 I would of said more than I did.

Here is the email I received from Target a couple months ago regarding their coupon policy.

Dear Xxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxxx,

Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping at Target, and we make it easy to use them at our stores. But because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target:

-We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued coupons.

-We’ll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.

-We can’t give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item; in that case, we’ll adjust the value of the coupon to equal the price of the item.

-We can’t accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.

All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier at the time of sale.

Have questions or want more information about using coupons at Target? Check with a Guest Services Team Leader at your local store. You can also give us a call at (800) 440-0680, or visit us on Target.com. Either way, we’re here to help!

Thanks for shopping with us. We’ll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Christian

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

[THREAD ID:1-2W1E0N]

Target coupons :) I used one at walmart for $3.00 off Charmin, i couldnt read the fine print to see where it was from it went right through. I found another and saw the target red thingie, I wonder what they think at walmart :)