Menards

toebaby

Anybody ever camped out at Menards? I was just wondering. I thought they had some decent deals and the lot was packed by 6:30 a.m. when I arrived last year. (I still got out in 20 min. w/ 4 items thanx to the CS that opened an extra line). I was just wondering though... I never see anything about it and I love Menards.

I love Menards!! A couple of years ago, when we got done shopping the lines were clear to the end of the store. It took longer to check out than it did to shop! Also, the shopping carts were all gone, and people were hauling their stuff in rolling trashcans. Despit this, I love their blackfriday sales....I just wish they would put their merchandise where it's a bit easier to find!

I too love Menard's but I hate the lines to check out. Last year we went to Denny's to have coffee and wait for Menard's to open. When it open we still sat there and drank our coffee. We waited about 20 mins to go in and went around the entire store. Our plan back fired when we had to wait in line for well over an hour just to check out. I doubt they will have good deals this year. They seem to go every other year. But alas I need more candles. So I think Menard's, this year will be my last stop.

We got in line at Menards around 5 AM last year. There was a huge unorganized line (not like a Best Buy line). People pushed their way into the store when it opened. Luckily, my DH is 6' 3", so we didn't get hurt! The lines were all the way to the back of the store. It took us longer waiting in line then getting all the merchandise (which was not easily accessible - it was kind of like a goose chase at times)! That being said, we did get some good deals! :cheesy:

Last year was awesome at my menards. I don't think it's worth camping out for though. My store open at 6am, or maybe it's 5am, don't recall. But I show up about 30-45 minutes before they open and I'm very close to the front. Doesn't mean all those people who wait in their cars till the end won't get in front of me...but anyway. Our store has balloons by the early bird specials, so you can see them all over the store! Plus last year I went to the very end cashier who was just standing there. I was out in 10 minutes with everything!! After I pulled out of my parking spot, I realized I shoudl have gone back in for more batteries, ugg.

My Menard's store had a long, long line and the people who arrived just 10 minutes before opening drove into a full parking lot. Cars were parked along the curb, up the curb and even in the little rocky tree "islands."

Those of us at the front of the line were "issued" shopping carts by the manager and he didn't allow you to refuse (so beware of your heels). The line extended from the front doors to edge of the building then into the parking lot (very long) then as they opened the doors all of the people who just showed up at opening time waltzed right in (they didn't have carts to push)...it made me very angry. It was very poorly organized.

There were no balloons to mark where the special items were located inside the store, either.

However, I bought some great bedsheets and a fabulous bath robe - who knew that bathrobes would be sold in the building materials/trim department? (Obviously!!).

This year will be totally different - there is a new, expanded super-Menard's store now so no one knows quite what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the 1 ad I am dying for! I live less than a mile from my menards and its the 1 and only place I have to go every BF. Parking isn't quite as crazy as others have mentioned, but we're quite a ways out of the city.

I had to use a laundry basket last year to carry my things! But worth it.

No ad yet :( I am thinking about emailing my local store manager and asking if he has any plans to stop line cutters this year. You know the ones who wait in their cars until opening and then rush the line butting off all us who have been waiting for an hour or more. It really pisses us off in line, but we haven't been able to handle it. We need store owners to step in and put up ropes or something!

I know you what you mean. Like I said in an earlier post we just sat there, watching people walk in. I can't stand that either and last year it was bitterly cold. Below 30 I think. I will never stand in line again. Because I am not going to stand there and freeze and then let someone who just got there get in before me. So I will wait until the line dies down a bit.

Because I am sure your Menards is like mine they had alot of the stuff that was on sail. So I will wait. But I for sure will make Menards my very last stop. Not going to wait in line to check out either.

I live in the town where the home store is and I also know many people the head offices and they would get fired if they leaked anything, even in web departments I have a in and they are scared ****less of loseing there jobs. So we will have to 3wait for them to send it out.

Maybe there is one Menard's employee who likes to live dangerously. :) Seriously...every employee at every store who leaks an ad is at risk of losing their job, and THEY did it! If there are any Menard's employees reading this, you wouldn't let a little risk ruin the fun, would you? Signed, desperately hoping peer pressure works. lol