Target 'secretly' lowers prices on ten thousand items...

falls

I just recently went to the Wal-mart homeland, Arkansas. While there, I happened to go to two different Wal-marts and two Targets. To my surprise, Target was cheaper on every product that both retailers sold. You'd think in Wally land, there would be no question about their "lowest prices"!

i recently have decided to try to go to target if i can...i am tired of spending forever to park, walk 5 miles from my car to what ever i need when only need a couple of things. its just to much with my kids being 4 and 2.....i really don't grocery shop there so no biggie on that dept.

Wow I always assumed Target was more expensive but I never really did the price comparison; I was honestly willing to pay a little more for better atmosphere and service, but I'm sure happy to hear about it. The Wal-Marts here are AWFUL in every way conceivable. Wal-Mart is less than 3 miles but I used to drive 15 miles to the SuperTarget, it was like going to a different, MUCH better world.

They just opened a new Target 3 weeks ago about a quarter mile from the Wal-Mart and you can't find a parking space there now. I guess I'm not the only one fed up with Wal-Mart around here.

I usually make Target one of my first stop after I get my vouchers at BB. I wish that Hot Springs AR had a Target, but Wally must have a tight grip on our town. They have NO competition here. That is why I go to Little Rock.

That is where we visited my in-laws. We went to the Targets in Little Rock and Benton, and they were cheaper than Wal-mart. But I have to say the Wal-marts in Hot Springs are MUCH better than the ones here (Orlando). There were cleaner and no crowds.

Has anyone ever compared grocery shopping at target compared to grocery shopping at walmart. Was there a big difference. I am tired of dealing with the scum at walmart, and would love to shop at target for groceries if the price was competitive.

Has anyone ever compared grocery shopping at target compared to grocery shopping at walmart. Was there a big difference. I am tired of dealing with the scum at walmart, and would love to shop at target for groceries if the price was competitive.

LOL Scum.. I guess Im not the only one who thinks WallyWorld is a place for "intelligence".. I mean lack thereof.

It all depends on what you're buying ... in general I find Target is a bit more expensive than Walmart, but on some things they're competitive. The difference though isn't enough to make me go to Walmart and I'm a cheapskate so that ought to tell you something.

I honestly feel claustrophobic in Walmart and every time I'm in there and I'm like 10th in line I wonder why the hell I went in there. They used to have a sign that said between 10 and 10 all lanes open ... yet they had like 25 registers, only 6 were open and they all had huge lines. Used to make me angry to stand there and stare at that sign lol!!

Same thing has happened to me with the sale items not ringing up at sale prices. Most times though, I am distracted with kids and all at the checkout and don't even notice until I'm home looking at the reciept. By then, I don't have the energy to go back and complain.

I love love love Target! I will pull out my toenails not to have to go to Walmart! I just wish they would quit showing pictures of Britney Spears going to Target......gonna give it a bad name :razz:

I actually leave Target feeling happy and not pissed off at the world. And I don't feel like I need to shower after the experience :yuck:

• 2 weeks later...
As far as groceries go, Target is right inline with Wal Mart on most common items of the same brand. But on store brand items (Archer Farms) the prices are higher, but they are usually all natural or organic items. Also, the produce is higher at Target, but again most of it is organically grown. So the higher priced items are usually of higher quality.

When I went to Wally World, they didn't have in what I wanted to purchase. The display was in the case with the "new lower price" but no items in stock. I spoke with the electronics manager, Sara, who looked it up on the computer and told me that 96 of this item were coming in and to either come back at night (this past Sunday) or the next morning (Monday). Being that I have a new baby (10 weeks old tomorrow) I chose to go back on Monday morning only to be told that "we are not going to sell you that item." Needless to say, I called corporate and filed a complaint. The district manager, Wayne, called me yesterday (Tuesday) to apologize for Sara giving me wrong information. That was unacceptable especially since I was told to come back and the price of gas is way too expensive to be wasted. Wayne told me that Sara was new and shouldn't have told me what she need. I ended up going to Target and spending more money on a different brand but to me, the customer service is worth the extra money. Just my 2 cents. I'm hoping that for "Black Friday" it ends up being "Red Friday" for Wally World.