Kmart Layaway

sherril

Thanks for all the info...I put some christmas stuff on layaway this weekend, just to be safe. Once I see what's going to be on sale for BF, I may call and see if layaway will be open then. Hopefully they'll have some good sales and the option to layaway! :yup:

• 2 weeks later...

In our local 2 Kmarts they will only price adjust one time after layaway and that can only be the during the week after you put your layaway in.

I like the old way... you could go every week and get a price adjustment but now you can't. I don't know if that is the way with all Kmarts so you should call ahead before you put your layaway in .

If you put items on layaway and the price lowers on BF, will K-mart give you a price adjustment while the item is still in layaway?

I have almost all my boys stuff on layaway @ Kmart. I was told I could do price adjustments teh 1st week. After that it is in stone. Also if I was late with any of my payments I loss teh items. THey stated they were running out of space already. If some one was late they got booted for some one else. Our fee is 5.30. (5 dollars plus tax)

i hate kmart with a passion-dirty unorganized etc-but sadly this year walmart and meijer have pushed me into using kmart due to lawaway. dont get me wrong-i can afford to buy the stuff now-but then my kids will find it! i love layaway because i can pick it up way closer to christmas and still have it be a surprise instead of hoping i find good hiding spaces.

I work at Kmart. Our store is taking new layaways until Dec. 10th. No you cannot get a price adjustment after 7 days. That should be right on your reciept. It always takes a long time for someone to answer a page for layaway because they don't really have any one just working layaway. Kmart would lose money doing that. They just have people working other departments listen for pages. Any given day we might have only 10-12 people working. I got my schedule for next week and I get a whole 14 hours. It sucks but it's a job.

Our Kmart does layaway and it is open on Thanksgiving day & BF and they charge a $5 fee to hold it for you. I shopped at Kmart last year & will again this year b/c of their layaway, since Walmart doesn't do it anymore.

We've been saving for a while so we can afford to buy the stuff now, but then my girls will find it! So, I'll use layaway because I can pick it up way closer to Christmas wrap it and they hopefully won't find it!

Kmart nationwide it is only a $5.00 cancellation fee. You do also have a $5.00 non refundable layaway fee so you do loss $10.00 and I know that the kmarts here are flexable when it comes to making payments. All you have to do is make a phone call and if the person that you talk to if they say no call and talk to the store manager and they will be flexable. But if you need, talk to the store manager not the assistants, always take it to the top.

Repeating what achesley said, I know at the K-Mart I work for, if you know you're going to be late on a payment, call a couple days in advance. If you call, we write your name down on a list with the day you'll be able to pay by. I don't know how often they do the $1.00 layaway, but whenever they do, its in the ad, so keep an eye out for that. When it comes to layaway, at our store, you make payments every two weeks for 2 months. So if you put things on layaway, you might want to do it a day or so after payday for you. That way, when it comes time for your next payment, it will be easier since you just got paid.

Going to Kmart on Thanksgiving day is a 6 year tradition for me. I always put everything on lay away, my kids are snoops too. They usually run a special, Open a layaway for 1$ only. They do charge for the layaway but I think it is only 5$. It has always worked great for me. They usually do sweaters, pj's, outerware all for 50% off on Thanksgiving day. Shoes usually buy get one 50% off. They usually have game boy games for 5$ and great deals on Jewelry and electronics. Kmart's Thanksgiving day sale is usually better than there BF sale.

I just did a layaway at Kmart this weekend. It was a $5 fee and I can only keep it in until 12/7. They told me about the day late deal and if I don't pick it up by the 7th the RTS too. Oh yea, and a $5 cancellation fee.