Wal-Mart Threatens Legal Action Against GottaDeal.com

Brad

i have heard from people that i know whom work for walmart and they say that they are being told its mostly going to be alot of what we saw last year....this is getting pointless....i dont understand where they think that people want and or need the same thing everyear....change it up a bit...if walmart is all about change like they have been doing...then change the holiday shopping season for us....offer different deals every year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've sent an email through their feedback form. I truly hope that other stores don't follow suit, I also hope that their is a blurb on the national news tonight so that Walmart can't push this through the back door quietly. I can't imagine that they would continue through with their threat if it gives them bad publicity.

Good job on the e-mails. Calling might work better if they let you talk to a human.

Here is a mailing address for snail mail letters as well:

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

Bentonville, Arkansas 72716-8611

If anyone can find more direct phone numbers or e-mail addresses for the higher-ups at WM, that would also be awesome.

Email and calling as well. What a crock.... You know, If I don't see early ads for a place, i'm more than likely NOT going to shop there and not going to tell the other people who like to shop for BF the great deals either. Their sales sucked last year, thats not because they were leaked its because, their merchandise they had for the sales SUCKED (at least IMO). They just keep pushing and pushing people away from their stores.

I suspect Wal-Mart has something to hide and it isn't really great deals on stuff people want. The reaction to their ad and the online specials was bad. But the reaction didn't kill the hype, the actual advertised specials did. They refuse to understand that. The other stores are doing better because they offer items people want. Leaked or not, they're going to perform badly again this year. :yuck:

I found a phone number that actually rings to a person!

Sarah Clark did the press release when Walmart announced their new CEO, Eduardo Castro-Wright. Anyway here's her info!

[email protected]

Tel: 479-273-8771

I did not get to speak with Sarah Clark, I spoke with whoever answered as "Sarah Clarks office" very nice woman! She promised to pass my concerns on to the legal department and the powers that be.

FYI:

She also mentioned that Walmart.com will be having SECRET sales during the holiday season. She said that we need to keep an eye on the website and they will be having unadvertised secret sales (available online only) beginning at Midnight but didn't know which days. She told me I could pass it along, so here I am.

If I can't get the ad early I'm not going to go. I have to plan BF at least a week in advance to get everyone cordinated and decide where we go. I'm not going to rearrange my plans on T-day if they have something I want. I'm going to call and email them. I was on the look out for a new tv and figured I would get it there but now I'm going to go where I know the deals are. They are really shooting themselves in the foot IMO. They already have a sorry CS rap, this is just going to make it plain and clear that they have forgotten why they exist. They exist b/c of the customers and if the customers leave they won't be in a very good position.

I found a phone number that actually rings to a person!

Sarah Clark did the press release when Walmart announced their new CEO, Eduardo Castro-Wright. Anyway here's her info!

[email protected]

Tel: 479-273-8771

i just emailed her and thanked walmart for making the decision to go elsewhere on BF easier if they dicide to follow through on the threat to sue GottaDeal.com if the ad is leaked..

I sent my e-mail to wm. I was very polite explaining how this site and getting to see their ad early causes me to spend more at wm. I also said they were comming off as being a big baby. It's bad publicity for them. They need to participate in the hype. It is so much better for them. In the last several years they haven't even had anything I really needed. I only go because it's part of the fun, But if wm doesn't want to play I will stand in line somewhere eles.