Wal-Mart Threatens Legal Action Against GottaDeal.com

Brad

Guest Clarence Thomas
I can't say I disagree with Wal Mart's position here. Gottadeal knows perfectly well that WM does not want their ads posted here, yet Gottadeal posts them anyway. It's a situation where Wal-Mart's rights have been stomped all over and they have a right to sue. This is pretty much stealing from Wal-Mart and to defend it is to defend larceny. It's certainly a time and place where a lawsuit fits the bill.

I can't say I disagree with Wal Mart's position here. Gottadeal knows perfectly well that WM does not want their ads posted here, yet Gottadeal posts them anyway. It's a situation where Wal-Mart's rights have been stomped all over and they have a right to sue. This is pretty much stealing from Wal-Mart and to defend it is to defend larceny. It's certainly a time and place where a lawsuit fits the bill.

Clarence Thomas, ladies and gentlemen http://www.gottadeal.com/images/appl.gif

I totally agree with everything you said. I'm outraged! Did you hear me? OUTRAGED!

Walmart wont treat their customers with repsect, They wont treat their employees with dignity, they break the law, Sexaul harrasment, illlegal employees, and they are afraid that people will see their ad a few days early and they want toi sue, go figure

Guest Clarence Thomas
Wal Mart is the #1 company in the world for a reason. They certainly treat their employees with dignity and they hire no more illegals than any corporation out there. You slander of Wal-Mart is certainly grounds for a potential lawsuit. I'd watch what I say about them because they will sue.

Wal Mart is the #1 company in the world for a reason. They certainly treat their employees with dignity and they hire no more illegals than any corporation out there. You slander of Wal-Mart is certainly grounds for a potential lawsuit. I'd watch what I say about them because they will sue.

How much do I owe you for this wonderful advice, Mr. Thomas?

Folks, I am literally holding my tongue at this moment.

By the way, Mr. Thomas' IP address is 24.30.232.108 (which is a Comcast IP from Virginia)

But I'd think someone as esteemed as you sir would have a better e-mail address than [email protected].

Maybe Mr. Thomas is a ticket scalper on the side when he's not doing something else just as shady :P

(I'm supposed to be typing up more items from the Macy's ad right now, but this is too much fun, lol)

Well then I will tell all the young girls who complain to me about thier jobs, andthe non diginity they get that its their imagination, and sorry this is my opinion on Walmart and an opinion on what has been reported in the news is not slander

Well if you really are Mr. Thomas, a representative of Wal-Mart, then you just admitted something that can cause the Department of Labor to do more investigations on illegal workers at Wal-Mart. And Wal-Mart can be fined ten-fold.

You dont hear of any other big corporations being sued for failure to pay their employees the overtime pay they are due!!!:yup:

Well if you really are Mr. Thomas, a representative of Wal-Mart, then you just admitted something that can cause the Department of Labor to do more investigations on illegal workers at Wal-Mart. And Wal-Mart can be fined ten-fold.

No, Mr. Thomas is not a Wal-Mart rep, he's a U.S. Supreme Court Justice.

Mr Thomas should read up on his Walmart is perfect

http://www.walmartclass.com/public_home.htm

http://www.lieffcabraser.com/wal-mart.htm

http://casadelogo.typepad.com/factesque/2005/08/keeping_walmart.htmlhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A755-2004Jun23.html

Now this is just the icing on the cake please Mr. Thomas show me where I have slandered the truth. Unless ignorance is bliss

I only wish we had a Target closer than an hours drive away! I love Target, the only reason Walmart gets any business from me is that there isn't any competition. I don't mind the drive though, especially with the attitude they have towards the BF shoppers!

Your intelligence is really impressive there. You do realize that slander is spoken statements. It is libel when it is written statements. For Walmart to sue for libel that they would first have to prove that the statement is false. Walmart doesn't want to try to prove that they treat the employees fairly because it might bring to light more possible lawsuits of them treating employees poorly. For the same reason, Walmart doesn't want more people looking into their employment of illegal immigrants.

Honestly, I do not fear comments I make about Walmart. I prefer to use my freedom of speech.

*cough*scalpersite*cough

~H~

By the way, Mr. Thomas' IP address is 24.30.232.108 (which is a Comcast IP from Virginia)

But I'd think someone as esteemed as you sir would have a better e-mail address than [email protected].

Maybe Mr. Thomas is a ticket scalper on the side when he's not doing something else just as shady :P

(I'm supposed to be typing up more items from the Macy's ad right now, but this is too much fun, lol)

I got another response from the same Mr. Simley tonight. Weird to get 2 from one email:

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the stories people have passed on to me

do not represent our position. Some comments attributed to me in the

Cnet story are actually from a Steven Baker, described as "vice

president of industry analysis for NPD Group."

We are only concerned with one fact: that trading in this material

(which is stolen from us) is a violation of federal laws. All we're

doing is reminding the websites that they need to follow the law. I hope

you understand our position.

-j.

Oh and Mr. Thomas. :gdparanoid: Right on, there buddy! LOL!!

The people who own this site have 1st Amendment rights to talk about whatever they want to on this forum. Unless their ad explicity states on the ad that it can not be reprinted, etc, you can post it if you like. They are only try to scare you and it looks like it worked.