Guess my son has learned something about giving to others

6digmans

He is 11 and is in charge of the class Christmas party this year.

He is really excited about the party and what he has planned and the commitee he has now as well;) .

I asked him what he has planned, he said we are not going to exchange gifts with class memebers.:shock:

He is asking for the money used for a gift to be brought to school and they are giving it to the Humane Society for Xmas.:smart::yup:

I said thats a great idea! I know every year they are talking how they need food and animal things on the radio.

They are also going to have a Xmas movie, treats and games but that is the big event as far as giving this year.

Aw, I bet you wanted to cry!!! Thats so sweet!

Dh's school did not exchange gifts last year, but did not do anything with the unused money. There was talks about it going to an Angel, but the school was so unorganized that it didn't happen.

I haop they exchange gifts this, we have a new principal.

• 1 month later...
i think that's a great idea. here in ny our animal conotrol has a wish list that you can buy items animals need and donate to them all yr round, they even ask of home made pillows or beds so that the animals will feel more comfortable until their adopted. you should be very proud of him.