Staying Safe While Alone In Line

jackpotladi

OK, I don't get it. What on earth could be worth standing in line for 2 days and possibly putting yourself in danger? It's for toys and electronics for heaven's sake! The world won't come screeching to a halt if Junior doesn't get the Wii or PSP or whatever the big thing is this year. There is no "thing" worth all this!

OK, I don't get it. What on earth could be worth standing in line for 2 days and possibly putting yourself in danger? It's for toys and electronics for heaven's sake! The world won't come screeching to a halt if Junior doesn't get the Wii or PSP or whatever the big thing is this year. There is no "thing" worth all this!

DITTO...for safety reasons I don't recommend standing in line from Wednesday night alone..I would say it may be safe to do this if when you arrive you see others there....;)

The first people in our BB line last year showed up early Thanksgiving morning (like 9am early)...I came around 11pm that night and was #70 something (before line jumpers)...I say skip Wed night and just come on Thurs and you should be fine and among others. Also, We had police patroling the store starting that afternoon and until Friday afternoon...so it was pretty "safe" mostly the line watches out for the line...so wait until Thurs morning to line up and you should be OK and not alone.

• 2 weeks later...

If it is a computer deal you are looking for, consider going to Walmart tomorrow morning and be done with it. Sure there might be better deals on better computers BF, but is it really worth it?

Although it sounds like you are planning to go to a store near you, and that has an advantage that your DH can stop in and then join you as the store opens, if you are still planning to spend two nights out, consider driving a couple of hours to a safer location or one where there is some 24 hour activity close to the store you are interested in.

Question to others: Do any of these stores have 24 hour security (inside) especially on these nights? If so, tell them you are there, sit in front of a window where they can see you, talk to them, take THEM a cup of coffee! You may be inside before the store opens. :)

My neighbor just bought a WII from gamestop. The store associate said to come on Tues/Weds morning when the store opens because those are the days that the shipments come in. Maybe call your local game store and find out their info. I doubt the price will lower enough that it would offset your missing out on a family holiday or being in danger