Guess I'm Taking The Husband This Year!!!

leefamily23

Well, after a series of falling out's over the last 8 months-- looks like I will not be doing my BF w/ my partner in crime, my sister. We've gone every year for the last 14 yrs together- through snow storms, forecasted blizzards, subzero temps, her w/ severe morning sickness. All of it.

Unfortunately, my family is not speaking to me too much over a series of misunderstanding's. So, my husband said he'd go w/ me on BF this year (which also happens to be my birthday). So, wish me luck. He's driven us twice in the past and did Walmart in the past to help us carry heavy items-so he's alittle aware of what to expect. Plus w/ it being my birthday I know he'll be on his best behavior towards me (even w/ the crowds). So, here goes nothing- maybe it's a new tradition!!

I would never be able to take my dh, I would probably kill him. He never likes to shop let alone go out on black friday. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice for us do something together like that but ain't gonna happen.

Have fun with your dh and enjoy your birthday!

I hope that everything works out with your family, but I would love it if Dh would do any kind of shopping with me. He use to take me out shopping on my Bday and we would begin our Christmas shopping for the kids and look for ideas, but now he doesn't have anything to do with Christmas. So give your DH a hug and let him know you really appreciate him going!!

My husband doesn't like to shop- but on regular day's he'll go along w/ me- as he say's "just to be w/ me spending time". He really doesn't like crowds and overflowing parking lot's though. He's being pretty sympathetic about my estrangement (if you will)--- knowing the holiday's are coming- and things won't get better-- and we always spent all holiday's w/ my family. He's really trying to go the extra mile for me.

My husband doesn't like to shop- but on regular day's he'll go along w/ me- as he say's "just to be w/ me spending time". He really doesn't like crowds and overflowing parking lot's though. He's being pretty sympathetic about my estrangement (if you will)--- knowing the holiday's are coming- and things won't get better-- and we always spent all holiday's w/ my family. He's really trying to go the extra mile for me.

It's funny that you say that("just to be w/ me spending time".) Because my husband does the same. If I say that we haven't spent time together he'll say "what do you mean, I went to walmart and target with you!" Too funny:g_laughin

my husband started going with me last year and he ended up loving it and on bf its really fun expecially if you and him are people watchers like my husband and I are after we get done in a store and we are on our way to another we laugh at some of the things people .ad on or were doing. But good luck with your family I have been in a similar situation and eventually it will work its self out I went about 3 yrs in a disagreement with my family my husband was also tring to go the extra mile for me during those yrs. so at least you have a good man to stand next to you in this time. good luck and god bless

So sorry to hear about your family. I hope things work out soon.

Congrats on getting DH to go! Mine went once, and that was years and years ago to get a TV for our bedroom. He was excited to finally have one, and didn't want me to break it while getting it to the car.

I went with my wife last year on Black Friday for the first time and it was quite an experience. After spending 8 years behind the register in the mall, I finally got the chance to be part of the crowds and stand in lines. There are many females in my office who admire me for going out that day and helping my wife shop, but then again, I am also looking for some deals for myself.

:thumbsup:

Well, after a series of falling out's over the last 8 months-- looks like I will not be doing my BF w/ my partner in crime, my sister. We've gone every year for the last 14 yrs together- through snow storms, forecasted blizzards, subzero temps, her w/ severe morning sickness. All of it.

Unfortunately, my family is not speaking to me too much over a series of misunderstanding's. So, my husband said he'd go w/ me on BF this year (which also happens to be my birthday). So, wish me luck. He's driven us twice in the past and did Walmart in the past to help us carry heavy items-so he's alittle aware of what to expect. Plus w/ it being my birthday I know he'll be on his best behavior towards me (even w/ the crowds). So, here goes nothing- maybe it's a new tradition!!

1st of all Happy Birthday, you and I have something in common, (I was born in 62) Next I will hold out hope that you and your sister will patch things up. There is no way my husband would get up and go with me so you are lucky that way. I am going with my niece and I can't imagine going with no one else We prefer to stay out all day and sometimes won't even stop for lunch. It is tiring but Oh what fun it is!!!!!!!!!!:g_dance:

For the past 3 years, my husband has taken me out on Black Friday. It works great. He drops me off at the door. Then, when I'm finished I call him on his cell phone and he picks me up at the door. Meanwhile, he sits in the truck sleeping, reading the paper, guarding my purchases and people watching. He even fetches my food. What a peach!! I think I'll keep him!!!

I'm a hubby that loves' BF. This is my fourth year, and I'm excited as can be. I'm like a kid in a candy store, but my wife keeps me on track. We do tandem shopping, we tried the separate shopping in the past, and it didn't work well.

Usually by 10:00 AM, we've hit about 10 stores or more, and usually get all but one or two items we've marked. Kohl's is usually one of the last ones, we get there and one of us stands in line, while the other gets the stuff. Man, I'm grinning thinking about it.

:razz:

For the past 3 years, my husband has taken me out on Black Friday. It works great. He drops me off at the door. Then, when I'm finished I call him on his cell phone and he picks me up at the door. Meanwhile, he sits in the truck sleeping, reading the paper, guarding my purchases and people watching. He even fetches my food. What a peach!! I think I'll keep him!!!

ahh what a guy:yup:

Sounds like with that kind of dedication, you still have time to work things out!;)

I doubt it will work out w/ the sister in that amount of time-----ironically-- the whole thing is over something I don't understand. My sister and parents are very judgemental people (very, very) and very critical of anything I do. Alway's have been. Anyhow, they barely talked to me from Feb-early summer. Then haven't spoken w/ me since early summer when I kind of "blew up at them". I lost it because they were giving me and my husband the silent treatment. Oh, they'd invite us to things then go out of their way to not speak to us. They go on their high horse because- and I'll be honest-- we lost our home in foreclosure earlier this year. Honestly- it was for the best-- our finances are so much better-- and there was nothing at the time I could do to stop it. Well, my parents said they were ashamed and they were embarassed-- and my sister too. Ummm... yes we did lose it because my husband quit his job--- well he quit his job because he worked out of town- and he was gone 24-28 days a month. We were headed for divorce because we were both so miserable. Now he had to take a job making 1/3 the money- and we just couldn't afford that house. Maybe we were right, maybe we weren't. BUT....this is truly the reason my family stopped speaking w/ me....they were embarassed and felt we were dead wrong. I don't see where you stop speaking to your family over something like that. But like I said they are very judgemental. Oh, and my marriage couldn't be better w/ my husband being home every night....we are as much in love as we were before he took this job a few years ago-- so it was worth it.

As for BF--- I am very excited. It will be an all cash holiday this year- and we'll be able to do it. We've been budgeting and saving and it should be a lot of fun. I cannot wait- though have no clue what I'm getting our son. He's almost 15 and hasn't said 1 thing he'd like yet. On the upside- I guess my gift list is cut in 1/2 this year w/o them speaking to me. ;)

I doubt it will work out w/ the sister in that amount of time-----ironically-- the whole thing is over something I don't understand. My sister and parents are very judgemental people (very, very) and very critical of anything I do. Alway's have been. Anyhow, they barely talked to me from Feb-early summer. Then haven't spoken w/ me since early summer when I kind of "blew up at them". I lost it because they were giving me and my husband the silent treatment. Oh, they'd invite us to things then go out of their way to not speak to us. They go on their high horse because- and I'll be honest-- we lost our home in foreclosure earlier this year. Honestly- it was for the best-- our finances are so much better-- and there was nothing at the time I could do to stop it. Well, my parents said they were ashamed and they were embarassed-- and my sister too. Ummm... yes we did lose it because my husband quit his job--- well he quit his job because he worked out of town- and he was gone 24-28 days a month. We were headed for divorce because we were both so miserable. Now he had to take a job making 1/3 the money- and we just couldn't afford that house. Maybe we were right, maybe we weren't. BUT....this is truly the reason my family stopped speaking w/ me....they were embarassed and felt we were dead wrong. I don't see where you stop speaking to your family over something like that. But like I said they are very judgemental. Oh, and my marriage couldn't be better w/ my husband being home every night....we are as much in love as we were before he took this job a few years ago-- so it was worth it.

As for BF--- I am very excited. It will be an all cash holiday this year- and we'll be able to do it. We've been budgeting and saving and it should be a lot of fun. I cannot wait- though have no clue what I'm getting our son. He's almost 15 and hasn't said 1 thing he'd like yet. On the upside- I guess my gift list is cut in 1/2 this year w/o them speaking to me. ;)

Good for you. Money isn't everything and besides with the savings from Gottadeal it helps alot. Hope evrythings works out for you guys!:yup:

You need to do what is best for your family, keep them first. I am sure in time your sister and parents will come around. I take my DH with me, he has gone the past three years although this year I maybe on my own since his accident at work in May, he can't stand that long of periods of time and the crowds just maynot be best for him to fight through.

Sounds to me that your decisions were sound ones. Have you heard of Dave Ramsey? He has a syndicated radio show, and can help get you back on track, now that you have the foundation set! You can find his financial seminars and info on the web also. :)