Refurbished iPod Nano : 4GB $129, 8GB $149, 1G Shuffle $49

jsmst35

Does anyone know if these will appear new or can be beat up?

I bought a reburbished one from Apple and it does come looking brand new. I've personally had a few issues with mine, but I'm not sure if that's due to being refurbished or just my luck, lol. They come with the same one year warranty that the brand new ones come with. I paid $99 for a 2GB back in January or February. To me, it was well worth it! :)

I bought a reburbished one from Apple and it does come looking brand new. I've personally had a few issues with mine, but I'm not sure if that's due to being refurbished or just my luck, lol. They come with the same one year warranty that the brand new ones come with. I paid $99 for a 2GB back in January or February. To me, it was well worth it! :)

Thank you so much for the input. I'll have to snag one for my 3rd grader. I just can't justify $150 for a new one.

Thanks for this post. I managed to get a refurbished shuffle for my son for Christmas for $49 They had a lot of shuffle colors on the site last night and when I went back today (thinking I might get a blue for myself) they were all gone! At least I got one Christmas present done:D

• 2 months later...

Update:

Apple Store Refurbished iPod nano 1GB for $49.00 + Free Shipping w/$50+ order

Refurbished iPod nano 1GB Silver, Blue, Pink $49.00

Refurbished iPod nano, 2GB $79.00

Refurbished iPod nano, 4GB $99.00

Refurbished iPod nano, 8GB $149.00

Refurbished iPod 30GB $159.00

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?node=home/specialdeals/ipod&cid=AOS-US-AFFC-IPOD&aosid=p201&cjid=10480986-1371119-&AID=10480986&PID=1371119

Update:

Apple Store Refurbished iPod nano 1GB for $49.00 + Free Shipping w/$50+ order

Refurbished iPod nano 1GB Silver, Blue, Pink $49.00

Refurbished iPod nano, 2GB $79.00

Refurbished iPod nano, 4GB $99.00

Refurbished iPod nano, 8GB $149.00

Refurbished iPod 30GB $159.00

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?node=home/specialdeals/ipod&cid=AOS-US-AFFC-IPOD&aosid=p201&cjid=10480986-1371119-&AID=10480986&PID=1371119

Don't forget to look -- under the "Clearance Items" section, they have the Black and Product:RED 8GB Nanos for $149 -- BRAND NEW!

Brand new > Refurb.

store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=44BD9AA4&node=home/specialdeals/clearance

Note that they also have the 8GB in black, and the 30GB black ipod for $179 (not $159). But also note these ipods are previous generation.

p.s. I was given a message that I haven't been around long enough to post url links. But you should be able to copy and paste the above address into your browser, and place the http in front.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=44BD9AA2&nclm=Certified

Click on the refurbished ipod link in bottom left corner.

Just checked, and this is all they have left. These are refurbished and 2nd generation, but if you don't need to have the latest and greatest these are a great value. Even though they are refurbished, I have bought 4 of them, and they all look like brand new and still come with a one year warranty.

Refurbished iPod nano, 8GB - Black

Original price: $249.00

Your price: $149.00

Refurbished iPod 30GB - Black

Your price: $159.00

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=44BD9AA2&nclm=Certified

Click on the refurbished ipod link in bottom left corner.

Just checked, and this is all they have left. These are refurbished and 2nd generation, but if you don't need to have the latest and greatest these are a great value. Even though they are refurbished, I have bought 4 of them, and they all look like brand new and still come with a one year warranty.

Refurbished iPod nano, 8GB - Black

Your price: $149.00

Refurbished iPod 30GB - Black

Your price: $159.00

I would still go for a brand-new 8GB Nano before buying a refurb... Same $149 price either way:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=4DBD22E3&nclm=Sale

(It's in the Clearance section)

My husband bought me a refurb nano awhile back & for some reason the buttons would get stuck. We didn't have a warranty. (This was the older, smaller one -without the movies- not sure which model it was?)

Anyway, he ended up getting me a new IPOD nano for xmas. I guess he was sick of me complaining about the other one LOL. :)

IMO getting a refurb directly from Apple (believe we got ours from Amazon?) is a much better option. If something goes wrong you can simply bring it into any Apple store for an exchange right?

I would still go for a brand-new 8GB Nano before buying a refurb... Same $149 price either way:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=4DBD22E3&nclm=Sale

(It's in the Clearance section)

Yeah, I agree-- I would rather get a new one too for that price !

BTW- I saw the IPODs at our local Cosco. I believe the 4GB was going for $142.99.

• 3 weeks later...

Refurbished iPod nano 4GB - Silver

Original price: $149.00

Your price: $129.00

Refurbished iPod shuffle 1GB

Original price: $79.00

Your price: $49.00

New iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED™ Special Edition (previous generation) - 8GB, Red

NOT refurbished

Price: $149.00

Personally I would wait to buy one if you are wanting it for Christmas. They have their refurbs all the time. And if you get it now the 1 year warranty will only go until next January. Meaning you are basically wasting your warranty. I bought one for my DH last Fathers day from them & after a few months it started having problems. We took it in the store & they said they couldnt fix it (something with the internal something or other lol) so they gave him a new one!