RUMORED Sears BF Ad Items

Brad

This Sears list was posted on a grocery coupon forum. The person that posted it doesn't have the actual ad in hand, and this simply can't be the entire ad (plus there is a lot of important info missing about many items), so until it's confirmed with an actual ad, we won't post it on the Black Friday site, but here it is anyway for now...

And if you are just visiting the forum for the first time today to see the Sears ad, welcome! Take a look around the largest Black Friday forums on the internet! Be sure to register for a free forum account soon however because very soon these Black Friday message boards will go back to being members-only and the only way in will be with an account.

Home Fashion/ Household Goods

350 thread count solid color sheets = $29.99

3 piece luggage sets = $19.99

Down Alt. comforters w/bonus pillows = $29.99

Kenmore 1.0 c.f. microwave = $30

Home Electronics

1gb memory card = $4.99

5.6" digital frame = $29.99

Olevia 52" LCD = $1,299.99

GPS = $129.99

Hitachi 42" 720p Plasma = $599.99

Sharp 42" LCD = $799.99

Sharp 46" LCD = $899.99

Home Appliances

Kenmore washing machine = $199.99

Apparel

Apostrophe Turtlenck Sweater = $9.99

Apostrophe Wrap Sweater = $9.99

Bold Spirit Down = $39.99

Bold Spirit Velour Separates = $9.99

CE Baby Cable Mock Sweater = $9.99

CE Baby Cable Crew Sweater = $9.99

CE Chenille VNeck Sweater = $9.99

CE Embroidered Fleece Crew = $9.99

CE Fleece Crew & Pant = $5.99

CE Holiday Sweater = $14.99

CE Tnecks & Mocknecks = $4.99

CE Chenille Shawl Colored Sweater = $9.99

CE Velour Pullover & Pant =$9.99

Classic Elements Stadiums = $29.99

Covington Crew & Mock Neck Novelty Sweater = $9.99

Covington Soft Acrylic Mock = $9.99

Covington Layered Sweater = $9.99

Covington Layered Sweater = $12.99

Covington Wool Peacoats = $39.99

Covington Women's Plus Embroidered Layered Sweater = $19.99

CRB Fair Aisle Sweater = $14.99

FI Beaded Sweater = $17.99

Metaphor Satin Wrap Top = $14.99

Outerwear Leather Scuba = $49.99

Junior Character Fleece = $12.99

Junior PID Sweaters = $12.99

Junior Printed Fashion Top = $9.99

Junior Screened Roll Leg Pants = $9.99

Junior Screened T's = $7.99

Canyon River Blues Tops & Fleece = $9.99

Lands' End Spectatular = 30% off

Children's Apparel

Bubble Jacket = $14.99

Carter's Sleepwear & Playwear = $7.99

Character vest & hoodie = $14.99

Dresses = $16.99

Footwear

Women's Covington Boots = $14.99

Tools

6 piece 19.2V combo kit = $139.99

CR Quiet Glide Chest & Cabinet = $199.98

Accessories

Cold Weather accessories / gloves = $1.99

Cubic Zirconia Tennis Bracelet = $9.99

Diamond accent w/gemstones bracelet = $9.99

Sporting Goods

BoFlex Extreme Home Gym w/Leg Developer = $699.88

Pro-Form XP Weightloss Treadmill = $499.99

Sportlines Solo Watch heart rate watch = $19.99

Stability Ball (55-65-75 CM sizes) = $5.99

Christmas

7.5 ft. Madison Pine w/800 never-out lights w/rotating stand = $99.99

36 ct. Glass Ball ornaments in assorted colors = $9.99

Guest ladakn99

that plasma looks like a good deal

if sears rumors are out, then kmart isn't too far behind, considering one owns the other

????

There are no Toys listed????? HUMMMM

Like I said, this is nowhere near a complete ad. Sears usually has 400-500 items in their BF ad with 100+ tools items, many electronics, toys, etc...

It could very well be part of the ad (Sears does usually have their ad leak earlier than most stores) or it could be either a fake or real non-BF Sears ad.

If it's legit, I'd imagine the actual ad scans will find their way out in the next few days.

Honestly my eyes went straight to children's apparel since no toys were listed....

$7.99 (carters) is not a very good deal, at least not what I would expect for BF shopping considering you can get that price just about every weekend at most big retailers

There might be other good $$ on that list, but.. I guess you can see what I'm looking for this year. ;)

just went to sharp's website, looks like those LCD TV's are 1090p

The Sharp 42" and 46" LCD HDTVs will likely not be 1080p. Sharp makes many different models at those sizes, and at that price it's very doubtful that these will be anything other than 720p.

The plasma... 720p... not impressive @ all! 720p is hardly ever used in HD broadcasts. It is still used in DVD's, but as we all know, they are all going HD also. You really need a 1080i or even better 1080p. Trust me, look for a 1080p. All my TV's in my house are 1080p with Insight Digital's HD service. It's stunning! Wait for the other deals before you start saving money, 720p is in the past. Sorry to be the barrer of bad news. :o

That's helpful because to be honest, I need to be reading about the specs because I have no clue when it comes to plasma. Thanks!

If your talkin' to me... your welcome! Let me know if you have any quesitons. Just PM me! :)

The plasma... 720p... not impressive @ all! 720p is hardly ever used in HD broadcasts. It is still used in DVD's, but as we all know, they are all going HD also. You really need a 1080i or even better 1080p. Trust me, look for a 1080p. All my TV's in my house are 1080p with Insight Digital's HD service. It's stunning! Wait for the other deals before you start saving money, 720p is in the past. Sorry to be the barrer of bad news. :o

Uh, I better clear some things up since this post is wildly inaccurate... 1080p is not used at all in HD broadcasts yet - it's all either 720p or 1080i. 1080p is pretty much only useful right now for HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, Xbox 360 and PS3 video game systems. 720p and 1080i are both pretty equal as far as picture depending on programming. Some types of programming looks better at 720p, others look better at 1080i. Also, DVDs are 480p, not 720p.

With most "smaller" (42" and under) HDTVs, you won't see very much difference at all between a 720p and 1080p HDTV, even if you are viewing 1080p material. And for broadcast HD, it really doesn't matter too much since it's not being sent at 1080p. This may change in the future, but for the next few years, 1080p is not going to be too important to the vast majority of HDTV buyers. Now of course if BF has a killer deal on a 1080p HDTV with a price very close to a comparable 720p model, that's a different story. But you won't be disappointed with a 720p HDTV at all.

Uh, I better clear some things up since this post is pretty inaccurate... 1080p is not used at all in HD broadcasts yet. It's pretty much only useful right now for HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, Xbox 360 and PS3 (or if you are hooking up a PC). 720p and 1080i are both pretty equal as far as picture depending on programming. Some types of programming looks better at 720p, others look better at 1080i. Also, DVDs are 480p, not 720p.

With most "smaller" (42" and under) HDTVs, you won't see very much difference at all between a 720p and 1080p HDTV, even if you are viewing 1080p material. And for broadcast HD, it really doesn't matter too much since it's not being sent at 1080p. This may change in the future, but for the next few years, 1080p is not too important to the vast majority of HDTV buyers. Now of course if BF has a killer deal on a 1080p HDTV, that's a different story. But you won't be disappointed with a 720p HDTV at all.

Correct... however, most people are now going to be using LCD's and Plasma's for gaming, movie watching, and watching HD broadcasts. So 1080i or 1080p would be a better investment as HD will be getting into those higher resolutions. Such as 1080i and 1080p. So I'm appoligizing (sp?) for my mistakes. Hey, I'm human.... we all make mistakes. Plus, I'm affraid of what you would do to my account. :P

Correct... however, most people are now going to be using LCD's and Plasma's for gaming, movie watching, and watching HD broadcasts. So 1080i or 1080p would be a better investment as HD will be getting into those higher resolutions. Such as 1080i and 1080p. So I'm appoligizing (sp?) for my mistakes. Hey, I'm human.... we all make mistakes. Plus, I'm affraid of what you would do to my account. :P

If the price difference between a 720p and 1080p HDTV (with all other features being equal) is small enough, then yes, a 1080p model might be the better investment if it makes sense for you financially. Again, with smaller HDTVs you still won't see much of a difference with 90% of the things you will use it for.

And also just to clear something else up, there really isn't such a thing anymore as a "720p HDTV" vs a "1080i HDTV". Pretty much all HDTVs these days do both 720p and 1080i. You only need 540 lines of resolution to do 1080i (because of the interlacing), where a 720p HDTV will have at least 720 lines and therefore be able to display 1080i. So the only 2 options for HDTVs are really 1080p and 720p/1080i.

And nothing will happen to your account, lol - I just want people to be clear about all of this.

If the price difference between a 720p and 1080p HDTV (with all other features being equal) is small enough, then yes, a 1080p model might be the better investment if it makes sense for you financially. Again, with smaller HDTVs you still won't see much of a difference with 90% of the things you will use it for.

And also just to clear something else up, there really isn't such a thing anymore as a "720p HDTV" vs a "1080i HDTV". Pretty much all HDTVs these days do both 720p and 1080i. You only need 540 lines of resolution to do 1080i (because of the interlacing), where a 720p HDTV will have at least 720 lines and therefore be able to display 1080i. So the only 2 options for HDTVs are really 1080p and 720p/1080i.

And nothing will happen to your account, lol - I just want people to be clear about all of this.

Ahhh... didn't relize that about the interlacing. Thanks! :yup:

To further clear this up...

"1080p is pretty much only useful right now for HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, Xbox 360 and PS3 video game systems."

1080P is actually only utilized by blu-ray at this time. HD-DVD, which is available with the Xbox 360 as an add on, uses 1080i. The only way you would need a 1080p TV at this time is if you plan to invest in a blu-ray player or a playstation 3 which had a blu-ray player in it.

To further clear this up...

"1080p is pretty much only useful right now for HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, Xbox 360 and PS3 video game systems."

1080P is actually only utilized by blu-ray at this time. HD-DVD, which is available with the Xbox 360 as an add on, uses 1080i. The only way you would need a 1080p TV at this time is if you plan to invest in a blu-ray player or a playstation 3 which had a blu-ray player in it.

Sorry, but you are incorrect (I seem to be saying that a lot in this thread, lol). HD-DVD does natively support 1080p (pretty much all HD-DVD titles out there have 1080p resolution - I just checked a bunch on my shelf to be 100% sure), and the Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on drive also does support 1080p as well when using HD-capable outputs (VGA/HDMI/component) and actually has for about a year now since the Fall 2006 update. There are also a few games for the 360 which are native 1080p such as Virtual Tennis 3 and NBA Street.