2006 Got the Bulk Of My $$$

Cannon1

0330. Over 150 folks in line. (BB accross street had even more).

0430. Issued tickets for high dollar sale items ahead of time to people in line. EXTREMELY Pleased with this method.

0530. Plainclothes agents stepped out of their places in line; had mgr & employees identify who the bum-rushers were-where the mgr then addressed the violators that they would not be allowed into the store.

0630. $800+ well spent, and at work by 0730!!!

EXCELLENT PRACTICE - ALL STORES SHOULD DO THE BELOW

Bumrushing. I had not experienced 'scumbags pouring out of the parking lot :10 min prior to a store opening to bumrush a store before it opens-frustrating the honest BF customer(s). CC at VaCntrCmns did the best job I've seen on crowd management having plainclothes folks, and the entrance cordoned off for the folks who had waited over 5 hours in the cold.

Ticket Issue. You were provided a ticket issued in line - 'No tickie-'No laundry (meaning you didn't get the purchase), ALOT of chuckle-heads once, in the store, waited with us (again, in line) only to be refused an item, because they didn't have a ticket!!!!

IF their 2007 sale items are good - I WILL spend my money at Circuit City again.:cheesy:

The CC (Leominster, MA) did an excellent job last year. The management came out several times and talked to the people in line, asked what items we were in line for, handed out tickets early, and then served hot cocco and coffee to the first 200 in line. They even came back and collected trash before the store opened. When the doors opened the line was very orderly. I was in about 50th in line and I was in and out in 12 mins.

Circuit City in Johnson City was a NIGHTMARE. Spent a great deal of time outside making new friends prior to the store opening. The actual opening wasn't the problem, I got the television I was wanting and went and got in line... The nightmare began- I was in line for over 2 hours. Friends that were at other stores (bb included) were in and out and ringing my cell wondering where I was. It wasn't just the line that I was in, people circling inside the store were commenting on the lines not moving. The manager came by ONCE and several people were complaining to him about the length of time spent in lines, he laughed and said it had been worse the year before. I never received the rebate for my television (big suprise) and I haven't been back through the door of the store. Needless to say I won't be there this coming bf.

I wouldn't see scalping being a major issue (yet). Keep talking about it long enough and everyone will start doing it!!!!

There was a lady #15 or so, who missed out on the CC Laptop ticket, she was mad enough to go through the line in front and ask (politely), then come through a second time with an associate, trying to get someone to cough up a ticket (to no avail). I sypathized with her, untill second time when she started to make a stink. I don't think accusations were pointed at us directly, but my buddy, his daughter, her boyfriend, and I all did buy laptops (we were #2). In fact I'm using the laptop right now! Thanx CC!

I dont like the CC in Pensacola its just soo small and cramped.. We always go to best buy. If we stay in Jax this year I would still go to best buy over circuit city they seem to have better deals and I can price match the small stuff like DVds and CDs ect..

Mobile's CC is the same. I don't like it!

The cc i went to, when you were given a ticket they took your name and when you went inside they asked for i.d. and if your name didnt not match you didn't get the item you wanted. ppl who bought there ticket was not happy..and we had a cop with us from round midnight and was there well after the store was open. no one was getting by this guy. he threw so many ppl to the back of the line...

I dont like the CC in Pensacola its just soo small and cramped.. We always go to best buy. If we stay in Jax this year I would still go to best buy over circuit city they seem to have better deals and I can price match the small stuff like DVds and CDs ect..

Hey, which best buy? (Jax) I would like to meet up. We always bring a couple of people with us, and we also bring goodies!:D

• 3 weeks later...