After shopping rituals

pmdemey

Sleep Sleep Sleep. Last year I felt like a big truck ran over me and it was not even 7am yet.

Oh I felt the same way.. I couldnt believe how aweful I felt.

Guess staying up all night at CC parking lot will do that to a person. :D

Last year, I came home and slept a while, and then went back out to WM. LOL

Well DH and I make a weekend out of it. We leave the kids with Grammy and Poppy after diner and we head home to take a nap or get ready to stand in line. We hit the local stores and then head home to unload and pack the truck. Then we jump on the ferry and head to DE where we hit the outlets. Then we crash in our hotel room and get up early the next day get something to eat and the head to Ocean CIty Md for their craft bazaar and then we find a TRU for their saturday sales. DH and I have a blast that whole weekend and all we do is shop.

For us Black Friday is Christmas kick off:D I come home and wrap everything. Then the kids and I star putting up all of the decorations and listening to Christmas music as soon as my sweet overworked husband can we go get our tree. I love Christmas!!!!! I would put up my decorations now if I could get away with it.:holiday16

OMG...I get home and sort out all my gifts while my adrenaline is still running high, then wake my DH up to tell him about all the deals, and then it's naptime! I save the decorating for Saturday (and only b/c DH won't let me decorate before Thanksgiving...otherwise, I'd start now...LOL!)

My sister and I have an all day ritual. We talk on the phone the night before. Then we get up at the crack of dawn and meet at Denny's for breakfast. While eating breakfast we go over our lists and make our game plan for which store we are going to first, second, etc. We leave Denny's with both cars. Usually WM is our first stop. After the first stop we hop in one car to go to the next stop. We are usually out from about 3:30am until 6 or 7pm. We usually stop for lunch about noon and then it's back to shopping. We then go back to WM and seperate stuff into the appropriate cars. Then we go our seperate ways to our homes. This is one of the three times a year where we have a standing date to spend time together. :)

I usually get little to no sleep the night before, opting to go jump in line at the local Best Buy or Circuit City depending on what amazing deal I will fret about. Then I am out from whenever the stores open to around noon or one. After which I head home and sleep for a good 6 hours. Get up for a few hours, maybe go to my local Target and check what random items I can find that are leftover. After that I head home once again, take some Tylenol PM because I usually ache, then pass out for another 8 hours.

I'm usually home before noon. Put on my cozy cozy slippers, heat up leftovers

then crash for a few hrs. Ahhhhhh..... I have to get my sleep schedule back in order

from a long Thankgiving Day and no sleep that night, so I can be ready to decorate the house that weekend.

We shop from 3:00am to around 11:00pm shop shop shop!!! It's my favorite shopping day I also always try to stay extra chipper to the sales people. Sometimes it helps to put them in a better mood but more importantly it keeps me from getting angry at all the rude people out there. Kill them with kindness. Really it is a season to be greatful for all that we have. Anyone out shopping on BF has more than a lot of others. Also I just know how long it takes to get from one store to the other and I just try to make that part of the fun.

Stash the goods, then search online for items that I didn't have luck finding in store.

You've got it wrong - you're supposed to check online BEFORE you go out so you don't have to worry about getting as many things when you are out shopping because you've already got them online ahead of time :P

And don't forget the most important after-shopping ritual - coming back here to tell everyone a) what you got, B) what you didn't get, and c) what injuries you recieved :D

You've got it wrong - you're supposed to check online BEFORE you go out so you don't have to worry about getting as many things when you are out shopping because you've already got them online ahead of time :P

And don't forget the most important after-shopping ritual - coming back here to tell everyone a) what you got, B) what you didn't get, and c) what injuries you recieved :D

I will have to remember to come back here after the shopping. I bet the BF site is as much fun after BF as it is before. As for shopping ahead of time, I do, but to come home early for me would be a crime. Part of the fun is to see how long we can last shopping. How many stores we can go to in one day ect.. I can't wait I wish it were Nov. already!!! Question how do I get those faces into my text. Dumb ? from someone who has never posted on anything. I do good to check e-mail but this is fun

Come on, where's the thrill in that? I like the instant rush of getting stuff at store level.

My sisters, brother, husband and mom all go to breakfast after walmart, and then we headed to the next town that had more stores and shopped until afternoon, then we go back to moms and usually have a birthday party for nephews and nieces and then latter that night we go out to our moms bar. It is such a fun weekend I look forward to it all year long. Its the only time we all get to shop together.

usually head straight home and keep anything the kids aren't supposed to see in the trunk, but take everything else and dump it into the living room. it's like a mini-christmas everyone gets excited. grandparents are usually there from staying over on thanksgiving and we'll tell any tales of adventure from the night before and how great a deal this or that is. basking in their amazement of how i was able to stay awake and in line in the cold for xx hours.

then food, and sleep. =)

I like to leave around 330am and be back home around 10 or 11pm, so when I get home I drag all my stuff in, add everything I bought to my gift notebook and then CRASH!

Getting pedicures sounds like an AWESOME idea though!! I just don't like the idea of having to stop and take time to do it :)

Then Saturday morning, I get up early, round up the hubby and kids. We drop off the kids at my parents house and then hubby and I go to a Ford Swap meet that has a big flea market on the same grounds. When we get there hubby goes to look at the car stuff and I'm off on another kind of bargain hunt :) After we're done there we hit some Saturday sales and get some dinner. We usually get home around 9pm or so.

Sunday we just relax at home. That's mostly because I'm too sore to move!!! It's great though!! One of the best weekends of the year :D

last year I got home before noon so I sorted through the bags, hid the presents from the kids and ate some leftovers. Then went back out shopping. This year, DH is home and we will be shopping ALL day long. Lunch, movie, dinner, more shopping. When we get home we will eat some leftovers and go to bed.

I usually stay out a good portion of that day. This year my mother is coming with me and we are planning on going to lunch and then hitting a few more stores after that. Then that night DH and I are probably going to go out for a while. He always takes this day off as a personal day and stays home with the kiddies while I go out shopping. That night I am hoping to take him to dinner. Then once all the kids are settled down that night, we will unpack all the goodies that I bought and if I have any energy left, we may spend a little time wrapping presents. By this time it will most likely be 10pm or later and after that I will be ready to crash.