Baby Monitor Question

newgirl

Hi ~

My best friend is due this month and I am buying her a video baby monitor for the nursery. I have been looking for months and the price for these things have remained high. I found one online that is significantly reduced but because of that I am leery to purchase it.

I could really use some feedback from anyone who has used this particular monitor or from anyone who has used one they would recommend. Anyone know of any good deals or thoughts were to look? Also, any feedback on purchases made at geeks.com that might help ease my mind would be great!

This has been an ongoing investigation for me and now I feel I am getting down to the wire. Any help/ feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, thank you...

~ Rebecca

Here is the link to the one I am thinking about buying...

Baby Monitor for $69.99

Geeks.com (formerly CompGeeks.com) is a well known and reputable website, you can read their ratings here and here.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find reviews for this particular model but it seems like a VERY GOOD DEAL considering it's wireless, and includes video. How they can offer this for $69.99 I have no idea. I'm tempted to buy one and use it to spy on our neighbors!

Geeks.com has a 10% off coupon code MC Exclusives but it excludes Geek Specials (which this is). If you use this coupon code on another product you may have to pay with a MasterCard credit card.

Here are some baby monitor reviews and resources I found using Google:

Target.com has a baby monitor for $149.99 and it has terrible reviews!

Baby Monitor reviews

BabyCenter.com article.

Almost 70 baby monitor reviews from ePinions.com

BabyProducts.com articles

BabyResource.com reviews

Even Google Answers has a nice write up.

Hope that helps :)

Geeks.com has a 10% off coupon code MC Exclusives but it excludes Geek Specials (which this is). If you use this coupon code on another product you may have to pay with a MasterCard credit card.

Or you can use 10% off coupon code GOTTADEAL and use any payment method you want :) But like the other coupon, it can't be used on Geek Specials.

Something worth keeping in mind... When we got our wireless video baby monitor a year and a half ago, we had interference problems with our cordless phone and our wireless router... All three items were on the 2.4 GHz band... These problems may have been solved with better equipment refinements over the past year+...

Man, you guys are good (and fast)! Nice work, thank you!

I couldn't get the 10% off deal to work (now I know why, thanks!) but I did find a 5 dollar off deal so it knocked it down to $64.99 plus $7 for shipping, no tax. Not bad huh?

Thanks for the feedback on the company, I feel much more confidant about ordering from them now.

Is there any benefit for gottadeal if I buy this through a link here? Just let me know b/c I am more than happy to show my support!

Thanks again for all your work, I really appreciate it!

~Rebecca