wal_mart announces top toys for holiday season and rollbacks

mcmc

Wal-Mart Picks Top Holiday Toys with New Incentive: Price

BENTONVILLE, Ark., Oct. 1, 2007 – With its annual list of the “Top 12 Toys of Christmas,” Wal-Mart announced today an added incentive for early holiday shopping – numerous, deep rollbacks on what the retailer considers to be the items on wish lists this year. Starting this week, Wal-Mart will announce rollbacks each week in this aggressive move to lead the market on holiday savings.

“Fulfilling her child’s wish list is always first in Mom’s mind, and right now she’s scouting the aisles to see what’s interesting, and what’s affordable,” said Chief Toy Officer Laura Phillips, Wal-Mart. “So we’re starting early and aggressively with unbeatable prices on the items we know are on those lists.”

This week, customers will begin to see price reductions from 10 to 50 percent on select toys. Select rollbacks to start include*:

New Savings Now:

• Tonka Trucks (choice in assortment) – was $27.44, now $19.76

• Kid Tough Digital Camera (Fisher Price) – was $64.88, now $54.88

• Spider-Man Ride-on - was $64.64, now $59.64

• Barbie Island Princess Styling Head - was $39.83, now $36.94

More Savings This Week:

• Littlest Pet Shop Digital Pets – was $12.84, now $9.97

• Razor Ripstik - was $93.93, now $77.77

• Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader game - was $18.96, now $12.88

• Fur Real Squawkers Parrot - was $69.96, now $54.88

• NASCAR Ride-on – was $199.97, now $177.72

“These items and our top 12 have our vote for the most interest, because we believe they meet all the right trends in activity, brand, play interaction, and technology which both parents and kids are after today,” said Phillips. “It’s now our turn to bring out their value, adding a great price to the hottest trends.”

Wal-Mart’s Top 12 Toys of Christmas

• Kid Tough Digital Camera from Fisher Price (Ages 3 & up) A real digital camera that’s tough enough–and easy enough–for kids to use.

• Smart Cycle from Fisher Price (Ages 3-6) It’s a stationary bike, a learning center, and an arcade game system—all rolled into one!

• Air Hogs Havoc Heli by Spinmaster (Ages 8 & up) An amazingly small, infrared, remote control helicopter, the Air Hogs Havoc features a durable, EPP foam body and a flashing Blue LED for night flying.

• Spider-Man 3 Movie Action Figure from Hasbro (Ages 3-7) Both in his classic red and blue gear and now new black costume, Spider-Man will continue to be a hero that saves the day, specially with his new web accessories.

• Little Mommy Real Loving Baby Doll from Mattel (Ages 18 months & up) Girls will love playing mommy with this sweet baby doll—she’s perfect for your child’s first doll.

• New Elmo from Fisher Price (Ages 18 months & up) He’s back on the list to tickle your funny bone. Find out why and what’s new in November!

• Littlest Pet Shop Paws Off Electronic Diary from Hasbro (Ages 6 & up) Keep all your written secrets locked inside this voice-activated, electronic diary!

• Razor Ripstik Caster Board (Ages 6 & up) A cross between a skateboard and a snowboard, this high-action new sport is taking the streets by storm!

• Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader game from Hasbro (Ages 8 & up) Based on the popular game show, this enjoyable diversion features Jeff Foxworthy and five students putting ordinary adults to the test by having them answer real questions from the 5th-grade curriculum.

• Aqua Dots Super Studio from Spin Master (Ages 6 & up) Aqua Dots combine creativity and crafting to create multiple designs – just add water!

• Power Tour Electric Guitar by Hasbro (Ages 10 & up) Be the rock star and learn to play six different rock classics. Connect to your MP3 player and strum along, or rock out solo and compose your own anthem.

• FurReal Squawkers Parrot from Hasbro – (Ages 5-7) Talk about cool! Squawkers McCaw is a talkin’, squawkin’ and totally unpredictable play pal.

“You really can’t go wrong with any of these toys,” said Phillips. “We have re-arranged our selection in the aisles to make shopping a little easier, with identification on popular brands and top toys. As a constant Mom wants price, convenience and safety, and with our Toy Safety Net program underway, we feel confident delivering on all three this upcoming holiday season.”

*Price in some markets may be lower than listed in this release.

My kids haven't asked for any of that stuff... :shock: All I ever hear about is Hannah Montana this, Transformers that, Star Wars, Cheetah Girls, blah, blah, blah.

LOL sorry but I had to laugh at this.

My daughter LOVES Hanna Montana and my hubby LOVES Transformers. Talk about a big kid. Can you guess what is on my shopping list? LOL!

I have to agree with you Ubberfemme my daughter is the same way. Everything is either Hanna Montanna and High School Musical. I actually lucked out this past Saturday and was able to get her tickets to the concert here in December. Her dad was going to go too but they could not get 3 seats together so it will just be me and my daughter. Should be alot of fun, I am really looking forward to it. This is her first concert.

I have to agree with you Ubberfemme my daughter is the same way. Everything is either Hanna Montanna and High School Musical. I actually lucked out this past Saturday and was able to get her tickets to the concert here in December. Her dad was going to go too but they could not get 3 seats together so it will just be me and my daughter. Should be alot of fun, I am really looking forward to it. This is her first concert.

Lucky you, for getting the Hannah Montana Tickets. Could sell them and pay for all your xmas gifts for this year and next! All sold out here in NE!

At our house it's also Hannah Montana, Cheetah Girls and High School Musical. We treid to get Hannah tickets but they were sold out in 2 mins mostly to scalpers. Kind sad at my house. I hope to find some of the HSM and HM cds marked down becasue my kids also want a Wii or Ds's which require games. lol

At our house it's also Hannah Montana, Cheetah Girls and High School Musical. We treid to get Hannah tickets but they were sold out in 2 mins mostly to scalpers. Kind sad at my house. I hope to find some of the HSM and HM cds marked down becasue my kids also want a Wii or Ds's which require games. lol

If you are getting a Wii, they have a Hannah Montana Wii game coming out in November, you can preorder it on Amazon. It is kind of pricey though at 49.99. I went ahead and preordered one for my daughter, now I just have to get a Wii!

these look like toys for younger kids mostly... I will be buying this kind of stuff for my neices but my daughter is 16 and this stuff holds NO intrest to her. She wants and will get a laptop. Now the key is where will have it and how long I wait in line.. i am guessing 14 hours in my area..

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/101907dnbuswalmartprices.337b68.html

Wal-Mart cuts prices on 15,000 items ahead of the holidays 8:30 AM CT

09:58 AM CDT on Thursday, October 18, 2007

Associated Press

BENTONVILLE, Ark. – Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world's largest retailer, said Thursday it will reduce prices this week on 15,000 items ahead of the holiday season, increasing cuts by 20 percent compared with last year.

The items are in the toys, food, home and apparel segments. "Be Bratz" dolls, for example, are now $19.93, from a previous price of $29.94. A Black and Decker 12-cup coffee maker is now $24.96, from $29.92.

Hanes boys and girls top or pants are now two for $9.

Wal-Mart previously made similar price cuts on back-to-school items in July and on toys earlier this month.

More price reductions in its electronics, home, food and toys segments are upcoming, the company said.

I really hate to tell Wally world this but none of that stuff is what little girls or little boys want. Raise your hands if you have a DD who wants those HSM dolls. Yeah, mine too and believe me when I tell you they are selling out. Especially the ones at Target. Good thing I bought mine from Ebay. I am pretty sure santa going to be bringing alot of HSM stuff and oh yes some Chetahlious stuff too.

That is awesome!! You two will have a blast together! I took my daughter to her first concert last year (American Idol) it was a time I will always treasure! The only disappoint was to find out that the next weekend Cheetah Girls/Hannah Montana was going to be there!!!