wii extended warranty

peekaboo

I finally got my wii today at Target - horray I was afraid of not being able to get one by christmas. My question is should I get the extended warranty for it? It was about $40.00 for 3 years. I was wondering if it would be worth getting or not. Targets return policy is 90 days and since it is an x-mas gift we will only have 5 days to use it under the store policy. then what if something happens to it after the 5 days are up. I just do not know whether to get it or not.

As a general rule the only thing you should buy an extended warranty on is refrigerators with ice makers. The Wii comes with a warranty seperate from the Target return policy. In 1-2 years there will be something better out there anyway. I wouldn't waste my money on it.

Maybe never buy an extended warranty ...unless it's for a vehicle...if you can't afford an expensive repair out of pocket after regular waranty is expired. You make the call.

But I agree...save the $$ on the Wii warranty.

In my experience, we are very pleased that we purchased the extended warranty for the xbox 360. We tend to never buy extended warranties but we were warned about the 360 and were very pleased that we purchased it.

We did not purchase an extended warranty for the Wii and have not yet regretted that decision.

I finally got my wii today at Target - horray I was afraid of not being able to get one by christmas. My question is should I get the extended warranty for it? It was about $40.00 for 3 years. I was wondering if it would be worth getting or not. Targets return policy is 90 days and since it is an x-mas gift we will only have 5 days to use it under the store policy. then what if something happens to it after the 5 days are up. I just do not know whether to get it or not.

First post here. Hi.:)

I too, went to Target this morning as soon as I saw the ad. A very helpful employee said he'd had a Wii for a while. He bought his through Target and got their extended warranty. He said he dropped the Wii a few months ago and although it didn't break the housing, there is a really thin wire for one of the sensors that broke. Target replaced it without a fuss instead of having to send it to the manufacturer. There was no pressure from him, he was just sharing his story.

Oh, and he said Target allows up to 30 days after the purchase to get the extended warranty. Just bring in your original receipt.

Nintendo offers a 1 year warranty on the Wii. So in effect, 1 year of that is already free. With the 360, they were known for having issues...so much so that Microsoft extended thier warranty on them for free. I have never had to have a nintendo product replaced....ever. Personally, I didnt and wouldnt pay extra for it.

We have had our wii since they first came out and haven't had a problem. jmjj - The sensor bar does have a thin cable that could easily break (however my 2 yr old has pulled it down numerous times and it still works). The kicker though is that the sensor bar costs about $10 to replace and the warranty for 3 yrs is $40. So if the cable does break and you replace it, you are still ahead $30.

Extended warranties are rarely worth it. Usually if it needs repair more than once, most people want to get rid of it anyway. Save your money and don't buy it.

I bought our Wii at Wal-Mart last Christmas. The extended warranty at aroun $15.00't . I have not had to use it.

Off Subject.

I usually don't buy the extended warrarnty. But just before the regular warranty went out on my Tahoe in August (as we were leaving for vacation in California) I stopped in the local Chevy house and bought an extended warranty. Not sure at the time why I did. Now I am glad. Three weeks ago, my transmission went out. Had to be completely replaced. I am sure glad I made that stop.

• 2 weeks later...