Does anyone else have to drive far to get to the closest retail store??

poofu02

Does anyone else have to drive far to get to the closest retail store?? I have to drive 80 miles. My town has a Pamida and that is it for shopping, besides locally owned stores that have expensive merchandise. The next town over has a mall, Walmart, Kmart, Target, Best Buy, and so on. Is it worth it to drive for you? It is for me! :yup:

I'm not sure if I would drive more than 15-30 minutes to get to the closest store. Before 2001 we didn't have anything but now, say 'Hello' to Columbus Park Crossing! :)

http://www.thejordanco.com/jordan/images_jordan/colspark_new.jpg

(this is only Phase I of IV or V) -- it now includes Kohls, Super Walmart, Sams, Dicks, etc, etc.

Our town has a Dollar General so yes I drive but not as far as you do. Next town doesnt have a target or best buy but hopefully one day they will it is growing like crazy.

mine has only a dollar general, too. but they are building a walmart and target (i think) in the next town over. i just live in a little town that has really nothing!!! i have to drive about 40 miles to do the BF shopping.

I'm lucky - I'm maybe 5 minutes away (if you hit all red lights) from a Walgreens and CVS in one direction; the Mall (Sears, JCPenney, Macys, Bergners), Menards, Toys-r-us, MC Sports in the other direction; just a couple more minutes away from Kohls, Michaels, Target, Kmart, Joannes Fabrics, Old Navy, Radio Shack; and maybe 10 minutes from Wallyworld, Sams Club, Best Buy, Circuit City, Lowes, and Home Depot.

We pretty much have every store close by.

we too have a local pamida. they have awesome clearance deals. 30 miles away is walmart and the other way 30 miles there is a super walmart and they are building a walgreens. 60 miles away is the big malls, target, super target, kmarts, walgreens and all the big stores like jcpenny, sears, stuff like that

I used to live smack dab in the middle of everything. But we've moved a little further away so this year I'll have to drive about 50 miles to get to that same area. Where we're able to hit the mall, target, wal-mart, sams club, bbb, lowes and home depot, etc. all within three minutes of each other.

I'm not sure if I would drive more than 15-30 minutes to get to the closest store. Before 2001 we didn't have anything but now, say 'Hello' to Columbus Park Crossing! :)

http://www.thejordanco.com/jordan/images_jordan/colspark_new.jpg

(this is only Phase I of IV or V) -- it now includes Kohls, Super Walmart, Sams, Dicks, etc, etc.

I drive either an hour to the above in Columbus or an hour to Dothan to go shopping. The only thing we have is a Reg. Walmart.