What do you do Christmas eve day..and night?

abentley

Since Dh stopped celebrating Christmas last year, and some of my kids are grown I am having to readjust and change the way we have done things for years. Change is good though and I am trying not to dwell on the past

Christmas Eve: I am not sure about the day but at 5 pm I am going to my parents church for their Christmas Eve service and then to my inlaws with my children to have pizza and exchange gifts.

Christmas Day: Big breakfast and watch DD4 play with the toys we will leave out. Then when the rest of the family arrives we will opwn presents and it will take most of the day. I think there is 12 of us this year and we open one person one present at a time.

Nothing-my husband is on-call for Christmas Eve so we can't really plan anything. I'm pissy about it every year - so I shall choose to vent and complain :(

I'm so sorry sweetie. My ex was a police officer and I delt with this year after year too. My current husband is in the army and in Iraq this Christmas, so count your blessings. :) I am actually finding loads of ways to get myself all excited about the holidays despite the circumstances. Try to think positive and positive things will happen. Depending on how old your children are, you could have Christmas a day early or late to ensure he will be there. On the year my DH had to work, we got up super early, had our Christmas, went to Waffle House for breakfeast and then I went to my parents for the rest of the day. Just be creative and I am sure you can come up with some ideas. I agree with you though .. IT SUX not having your dh home.

We don't really do anything special on Christmas Eve - my dh does go and do his shopping for me though, LOL. I will make my dish to take to my grandma's house and then about 7 we meet the family over there (about 30 of us) and we eat and open presents. We usually get home by 10 pm and the kids of course fall asleep in the car on the way home. After they get to bed we put out all the presents - I am usually doing last minute wrapping and my dh will be assembling dd's bike I'm sure. While we are doing this I usually watch the "A Christmas Story" marathon.