SKATE for the XBOX360 - FREE $20.00 GIFT CARD from CIRCUIT CITY

indallas

EA Sports was suppose to release SKATE for the XBOX 360 today but for some unknown reason had to postpone it until Friday the 14th.

In Sunday's Circuit City's ad they had SKATE advertised as being IN STORES by 2:00pm TODAY and if it's not they will give you a $20.00 Circuit City giftcard.

DS(11) and DH went to Circuit City today at 2:00 and just what we thought - SKATE was NOT available but they had to give him the $20.00 gift card.

So now when it comes out on Friday of this week instead of paying $59.99 - it'll be $39.99.

So, if you were planning on buying SKATE - go to Circuit City today and mention the Sunday ad for the $20.00 gift card since the game is being held for release until Friday.

Gotta love free MONEY!! :D

Even if you weren't planning on buying Skate this is a good deal. The gift card can be used for anything at CC, not just Skate. My husband was also able to get the gift card from our local CC.

Yup, sure is!!! I wonder how many free $20.00 gift cards Circuity City is going to have to hand out today - OUCH!!!

Hubby said the manager was NOT happy either. I know DS(11) is not happy - he's been talking about this game coming out for MONTHS, now he has to wait 2 more days.

I went to my CC here in Southern California and there was a sign already posted that "due to XBOX shipping problems the Skate game would not be released until Friday at 3:00pm, therefore, they would not be honoring the $20 gift card policy". Oh well, it was a try.

Thanks for the heads up.

If you can get a $20 GC out of this, it's because the manager you are dealing with is bad at his/her job. If the game is delayed by the publisher, CC is NOT required to give you the Gift Card (read the fine print in the ad). So this is probably a YMMV (your milage may vary) deal.

Well, I went to Circuit City last night just to see what they said to me.

I asked at the customer service counter saying that I couldn't find the game and the girl was going to help me find the game in the store when the guy next to her said "we sold out." I repeated "you sold out" and he said "yes." Then the girl said "oh, yea I looked for it earlier and couldn't find it, we sold out."

I wanted to say LIARS!!! but I held my tongue and walked out.

I didn't want another gift card - I really went to see if MAYBE it had come in since DS(11) is driving me crazy and has been for months over this game.

What if I didn't know the manufacturer delayed shipping - I would of drove all over town going to different Circuit City's because that guy told me it SOLD OUT which means to me that they got them in stock.

Poor customer service if you ask me.