Stroller/Carseat

klastar

Nearly two years ago I got an Eddie Bauer travel system at Big Lots for 129. It is very nice. I love it. I know that was two years ago, but I still see similar ones there all the time -- this week in fact. So that would be the ultimate place to check first. You could always call them first and check to see if they have any in right now.

Watch your clearance sales at Kmart. You may even check out the Kmart clearance thread in the offline deals forum. Some of those ladies found great deals, mine was not as good, but I found a Safety First Winnie the Pooh stroller and car seat combo on clearance for $68 marked down from $129.

And so you know, the travel systems generally suck. The strollers are bad, and you really want to buy a carseat that fits your vehicle, rather than whatever is cheapest at the time. You can always purchase a duplicate base for whatever carseat your grandchild has already, get it installed by a qualified technician, and then buy a decent stroller.

Is there any chance you'd be willing to bring it back? Seriously, a second base for the infant seat your grandchild already has, plus a decent stroller would be less expensive for you. Plus, infant seats don't last long either(less than a year for most infants), you'd be better off buying a convertible carseat.

I mean..kudos for thinking of your grandchild's safety, but you'd really be better off doing it all a different way.

Whatever you decide however, please make sure to have your installation of it professionally checked by a certified child passenger safety technician. Visit www.safekids.org, or http://www.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/childps/CPSFittingStations/CPSinspection.htm to find a local seat check or installation station.