Worst/Best gift you ever received?

msdarkness

My worst, My son's girl friend used a casserole dish of mine and forgot it at a party, so for Christmas that year she gave me a new casserole dish like the one she forgot, I felt I had lost out, Thank God my son didn't marry her, My Best,too many to count Husband is good at buying gifts at Christmas, My Christmas list for 2007 to see my grandkids who live in Wyoming.

Best: My mom found an angel pendant to remind me of my aunt after my aunt died. My mom reuses gift bags, and the only one she found happened to be to me from my aunt from the year before, and we have a very large Italian family.

Worst: Every year someone buys me a small throw. I think it's a Minnesota thing...everyone needs a throw there. They are all nice, but they don't realize I now have like 15 throws.

Best: My mom found an angel pendant to remind me of my aunt after my aunt died. My mom reuses gift bags, and the only one she found happened to be to me from my aunt from the year before, and we have a very large Italian family.

Worst: Every year someone buys me a small throw. I think it's a Minnesota thing...everyone needs a throw there. They are all nice, but they don't realize I now have like 15 throws.

Ya you betcha!

best: engagement ring

worst:a neighbors gift that we had given our neighbor the previous year still wrapped in our paper and the gift tag placed over our old one.

Now that is funny. You have to give it back next year and see how long before it returns back to you.

Worst- Anything my MIL get's me. She's given me a used (hairspray caked) blow dryer stand. She's bought a 6 pack of plain white socks- takes 4 prs out for herself- and gives me the other 2 pairs as my Christmas gift. My husband and I got our gift already this year-- a portable shower. Yep you blow it up (like a pool raft) and you can shower anywhere in your own private stall. Ummmmm...I do have indoor plumbing. She gave it to us a few weeks ago. You should of seen my husband and my eye's darting back and forth seeing who HAD to open it- because neither of us wants to be the first to see and fake joy.

And I thought my MIL was bad! If I say I don't like something she makes sure she gets it just out of spite!

Best: When I was about 5 I got the original Easy Bake Oven and thought it was the best thing! Amazing how simple little things can make your day...

Worst: Getting a picture of my in-laws and acting like I am thrilled! To top it off, hubby keeps it out to make them happy that we liked their gift! I wanted to use it as a dart board...

Best- Too hard to pick- I truly am blessed because my husband gives really good gifts. He had me sobbing the one year because my family never did stockings. At some point I made a comment I always wanted one w/ the little trinkets in it. Well amongst my gifts on Christmas morning was a stocking filled w/ little gifts and a special card from him.

Worst- Anything my MIL get's me. She's given me a used (hairspray caked) blow dryer stand. She's bought a 6 pack of plain white socks- takes 4 prs out for herself- and gives me the other 2 pairs as my Christmas gift. My husband and I got our gift already this year-- a portable shower. Yep you blow it up (like a pool raft) and you can shower anywhere in your own private stall. Ummmmm...I do have indoor plumbing. She gave it to us a few weeks ago. You should of seen my husband and my eye's darting back and forth seeing who HAD to open it- because neither of us wants to be the first to see and fake joy.

Your worst made me lol... You win!:cheesy:

This is too funny!

Best- Probably this year. We get to go home for Christmas. We recently moved so this is a big treat. I miss my family.

Worst- Either the frying pan or the electric knife from my in-laws. When we need a kitchen appliance my husband puts it on my list. That's ok becaue we need a new vaccuum, so guess what's going to be on his list:evil:

Worst- My husband gave me a big dry eraser board from him and a little one from my son for my first mother's day.... Then, he gave me some flowers, but I noticed the water seemed dirty and he admitted to taking them off the receptionist desk because he thought they'd die over the weekend. (I don't even like flowers.) Then he got my some funky perfum after I prepared this lavish Valentines day. The perfume stunk so I asked where he got it from and he said DEALS, the dollar store!!!!!!!!!!

Beat that!

LOL.. I CAN beat that.. A wedding gift from my then in laws. a photo cut out of a magazine of a MICROWAVE. nothing else.. Thank the Good lord i am divorced and no longer have to see them ever in my life again..

Best: Too many, Castle Gray Skull, NES back in 88??, Genesis when Sonic first came out

Worst: My girl got me cufflinks when i thought the box was an ipod a few years ago. All the pictures of me opening the box shows my thought of the gift. But I got it shortly after for my birthday.

Best was a palomino horse I got when I was about 12. This horse was housed at a nearby

stable and she was old and worn out but she was the sweetest thing ever. I kept asking

my parents if I could get her and they kept saying "NO". I already had 2 horses of my

own and my Dad had another. The owner of "Ginger" told me that they "were going to

send her to the glue factory as she was useless now". I hated that man:curse: Well

anyways on Christmas morning I had to go out and feed the animals and lo and behold

there she was with a big huge bow on her halter. I was so happy, she lived about another

10 months and her last days were very happy and she knew she was loved. She was

never ridden by any of us (she deserved a rest) but she was a great companion horse

in the stable. I know she went on to Rainbow Bridge :angel1:

Worst..any Christmas spent with my ex-husband :giggle:

I know this was posted a few weeks ago, but I just read it and it made me cry:) I'm sure you were her greatest Christmas gift too!

best: atv bike when i was 17

worst: one of my friends last year from back east sent me size 0 jeans and a shirt equally small. just 4 months after my DD was born. I didn't fit them, still don't fit them (not even close). It wasn't done in meanness, she hadn't seen me since pre-preggo, but at the time I was so hormonal that those pants really upset me. (i donated the whole outfit)

OMG .. I am dying over this one.

Oh my goodness, think of the POSSIBILITIES! You can shower.... anywhere. :eek:

;)

Best was our video camera DH got me right after our daughter was born (best because it was the one year I had NO IDEA what I was getting). Yes it tops the year (sometime in the 80s) my Mom and Dad got us an Atari 2600, and that was a biggie (and I still have it)!

Worst would have to the Lighthouse kitchen set (plastic cups and ice bucket with a beach lighthouse scene) we got from our neighbors.

• 2 weeks later...

best: atv bike when i was 17

worst: one of my friends last year from back east sent me size 0 jeans and a shirt equally small. just 4 months after my DD was born. I didn't fit them, still don't fit them (not even close). It wasn't done in meanness, she hadn't seen me since pre-preggo, but at the time I was so hormonal that those pants really upset me. (i donated the whole outfit)

Funny since one of my worst was after I had my first son and I got a pair of size 8 jeans. I was so upset that my Aunt would think those would fit (always been much smaller). Lo and behold, they did fit! Luckily I was in another state for that gift since I can only imagine what my awful reaction would have done to her. I did wear those jeans until I lost the weight though. So, it was actually a good gift utility wise.