My Twin Dolls

I ordered a catalog and DD 4 has looked at it everyday and is telling me she wants a doll that looks like her. If I order before Oct 7 I can save about 30 or 35 dollars but it still expensive. So, has anyone here gotten these dolls for the DD's or family memebers, is it worth the cost? Does the child play with it? Did you get matching outfits? Does anyone have any better codes or coupons or suggestions. Thanks!!

We have one but it isn't a "real" AG/MT doll But found a store that makes your own. The site kinda is sad and small BUT i do know they are nice ladies down there. Maybe being that they sell a "brand" they could help you find a local to you dealer of them? I thought it was alot more of an "experience" for DD to go and help make her doll vs me ordering it on a website. They were also cheaper but still fit all the AG/MT stuff. Target has a line called Our Generation (i think) that the clothes are also AG/MT size We paid 50$ to make the doll and then had another 50$ in clothes/accessories that first day. She has bought more clothes since then. A friend of mine made her matching items. Also Ebay is by far the place to look for the clothes as its cheaper

Other then the "sale" they have in the catalog I have rarely seen deals from these people. AG has a clearance section but even then you are paying for it LOL. We have a AG store in Chicago that we are avoiding like the plague. I figure we will be able to drop a house payment or two if DD is ever unleashed in there.

On is it worth it...DD is playing more and more with June now. Right after she got her she played but it fell off over the summer. Now we are back to having to ask for seating for 4 at restaurants...So far the doll is happy to share off DDs plate....Lets hope that continues for awhile or I am getting it a social security # and taking the deduction! JK

I purchased this for my daughter (now 8) when she was 4. I was so pleased with it that I have since purchased them for each of my 7 nieces. My daughter still plays with hers every day. Her name is Ashley and she named her Twinn Mary Kate.. go figure!

We have purchased several of the matching outfits over the years, both for my daughter and for my nieces and they tend to be high quality.

I have already ordered a new, updated "Mary Kate" for my daughter for Christmas this year. You very rarely see anything more than $30 off and will actually see them go up closer to Christmas. As a general rule, they offer free shipping around the end of September/ first of October.

I purchased this for my daughter (now 8) when she was 4. I was so pleased with it that I have since purchased them for each of my 7 nieces. My daughter still plays with hers every day. Her name is Ashley and she named her Twinn Mary Kate.. go figure!

We have purchased several of the matching outfits over the years, both for my daughter and for my nieces and they tend to be high quality.

I have alrady ordered a new, updated "Mary Kate" for my daughter for Christmas this year. You very rarely see anything more than $30 off and will actually see them go up closer to Christmas. As a general rule, they offer free shipping around the end of September/ first of October.

Do yo think they look like your nieces and DD? I think the new baby dolls are cute too, but DD keeps saying "I want a doll that looks like me!" That and a shopping cart are the main things she has asked for.

They absolutely look exactly like them. One of my niece's Twinn wig was wrong and I had to send it back, but that was when the old company owned them before they went out of business and they were using what they had in stock, regardless of what you ordered.

When the new company purchased them, I sent Lexi's back and got the wig fixed and it's perfect. I have purchased 2 more since then.

I promise you these dolls are worth the $130. Every single one that I have purchased.. and I have purchased 9 of them so far... the girls have absolutely loved them.

They absolutely look exactly like them. One of my niece's Twinn wig was wrong and I had to send it back, but that was when the old company owned them before they went out of business and they were using what they had in stock, regardless of what you ordered.

When the new company purchased them, I sent Lexi's back and got the wig fixed and it's perfect. I have purchased 2 more since then.

I promise you these dolls are worth the $130. Every single one that I have purchased.. and I have purchased 9 of them so far... the girls have absolutely loved them.

I think I am going to have to get her one. It may mean less presents, but I already have doll furniture put away, and a few outfits for DD. I want at least one matching outfit for them. I need to get some pictures developed so I can pick a good one to send in. How did you decide hair color and skin tone, it seems hard to tell in the book. Any tips for making good selections?

Send them two pictures of your daughter and they will decide for you.

On the outfits, the doll comes dressed completely (including shoes) in the outfit that you choose. If you buy the matching outfit for your daughter, you save 10%...and you only have to buy one outfit.

Send them two pictures of your daughter and they will decide for you.

On the outfits, the doll comes dressed completely (including shoes) in the outfit that you choose. If you buy the matching outfit for your daughter, you save 10%...and you only have to buy one outfit.

Great idea!! I am now even considering getting her one twin and then one of their new baby dolls as well (the baby is 29.99) For those who may think I nuts I am!:cheesy: My other DD19 never played with dolls only her brothers toys we got her purple radio controlled cars and pink soccer balls etc, I am enjoying looking at the girly type stuff.:yup:

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a catalog and DD 4 has looked at it everyday and is telling me she wants a doll that looks like her. If I order before Oct 7 I can save about 30 or 35 dollars but it still expensive. So, has anyone here gotten these dolls for the DD's or family memebers, is it worth the cost? Does the child play with it? Did you get matching outfits? Does anyone have any better codes or coupons or suggestions. Thanks!!

I have one and they are worth the cost.They are more diverse in appearance than the American girls dolls,and infant newborn size clothes fit them(just watch the styles),so yoiu don't necessarily have to buy the clothes from the catalog,which can save you lots of cash!

My daughter is 10. She still loves dolls. Do you think she is getting too old for one of these, or would this be something she would still play with for awhile.

No!I bought one for myself,and you can get them to look like yourself,your mom or any other relative as a child.it';s an heirloom.and you can get clothes at Gymboreeand babygap that are really cute on them.The dolls also make a great decorator item--just dress them up for each holida=y!

• 2 weeks later...