>>> Official Black Friday TV / HDTV Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

So if you are interested in one of the deals that are currently showing for Fri & Sat Only (like the CC Sharp 42") when do you think you need to show up at the store on Friday? Hope is not 4 am?

Also do you think they will do price match on such deals?

Me and my brother in law went to CC yesterday and i got Black Friday

pricing on the Panny th42 px75u on the spot and the bro in law got the

42'' Sharp Aquos.He has to go back on the saturday after black friday

to get the price adjustment.

Beats the heck out of waiting in line for several hours.

YES 1080p matters for gamers, the 360 and PS3 take full advantage of 1080p

There is no true set minimum res for HD and tons of other factors to classify HD

Depending on screen size, calibration, viewing distance, cables, rendering etc. your 1080p could very well look worse than a 720p setup. Buy what fits your budget and looks good to you.

While both 360 and PS3 are capable of doing 1080p, not all games written for them actual do. As a matter of fact, a small minority of games are actually doing 1080p, right now (look on the boxes for the games, they'll state their native HD capabilities). Again, this is right now and you can safely assume that more games will do 1080p in the future, but that requires significantly more system resources than 720p, so software developers will short term (as they have been) focus on getting higher performance from 720p vs the, currently, marginal benefits of moving up to 1080p.

Originally Posted by neomodus

The list is practically complete. If you want a list in Excel format of all the tv's available for BF PM me your email address. This list includes Wal-Mart, Target, Staples, Sears, RadioShack, Office Depot, meijer, Kmart, hhgregg, Costco.com, CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy and AAFES. Makes for easy comparison.

I would like this spreadsheet but can't send you a private message. Can you please send a copy to my email at [email protected]

Thank you!

The list is practically complete. If you want a list in Excel format of all the tv's available for BF PM me your email address. This list includes Wal-Mart, Target, Staples, Sears, Radio Shack, Office Depot, meijer, KMart, hhgregg, Costco.com, CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy and AAFES. Makes for easy comparison.

Hi. I couldn't PM you. Could i get a copy of your excel file? my email is [email protected]. Thanks!

I just saw the Sunday ad for BestBuy. They have an Insignia 26" LCD HDTV for 379.99. The price is till Weds. I am not sure about this company. I know it is BestBuy's store brand. Is this a good tv?

Welcome to the community!

I have been using Insignia products for several years and I have had no problems with the brand.

I was looking at the Aquos 46 at CC, I don't see a minimum number available? Anyone know how many items they usually have?

I am looking at this one also. Does anyone know what the difference is between this one and the one Sears has on BF for $999.99? It looked like different model #'s to me..

I just saw the Sunday ad for BestBuy. They have an Insignia 26" LCD HDTV for 379.99. The price is till Weds. I am not sure about this company. I know it is BestBuy's store brand. Is this a good tv?

I just picked this TV up just now and it works great. They are going fast. I got the last one at the new Garland, Texas store and I had to checkout fast as there were some mad people that I got the last one.

Me and my brother in law went to CC yesterday and i got Black Friday

pricing on the Panny th42 px75u on the spot and the bro in law got the

42'' Sharp Aquos.He has to go back on the saturday after black friday

to get the price adjustment.

Beats the heck out of waiting in line for several hours.

We were told that CC doesnt price match on BF ads or specials on BF.... Might want to get that in writing!!

I was looking at the Aquos 46 at CC, I don't see a minimum number available? Anyone know how many items they usually have?

They prolly only have 2.. and if you arent first in line.. you arent getting it.. Many people are going for that TV.. Im not standing out in the cold..

We bought a Panasonic HDTV 1080p 42" at BB on Saturday for 100.00 more.. and we get 0% for 3 years!! Cant beat that.. especially when someone else has to wait out in the cold.. Id rather pay the 100-300 more not to stand in the cold.

We just price matched Circuit City's ad for the Olevia 32" 232V TV ($479.99) at Sears this afternoon! We got the TV for $467.99 plus taxes. We also got the 3 year warranty from Sears for $124.99. DH applied for a credit card, received approval and they took 10% off the price - well kind of since the associate rang up the 10% incorrectly, DH got a sale adjustment and received a little under $5 more back on his card!

So, the grand total, with the Sears card and the faulty first ring-up was $571.29 (Sears was selling this TV at $599.99 today)! We probably could have done a little better on Thanksgiving Day at Kmart or Sears online, but, there's supposed to be a storm heading our way and we didn't want to risk not getting there in time to get the TV.

Also, Sears said that the model that they sold DH today was the last one in stock - what's up with that?! Hopefully, they have some restocked for BF. Seems kind of weird to me.

Thank you all so much for all your input! We really like our new TV and stayed under our meager budget with the 3-yr. extended warranty and everything!

Hitachi - 50" 1080i Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV for under $1000. The actual price is $996.99. I saw this today and almost got it. I wanted to do a little research first and ask if anyone knows about these. From what I have seen from the ads this is a pretty good deal

Now I noticed it is 1080I. On a 50 inch palsma will you see a big difference betwenn a I and P? I asked if the guy could put a DVD in to see but it was a regular DVD player and it was demo disk. I looked ok but then it is in the store and all that. I will also be hooking my Xbox 360 up to my new TV.

Anythoughts on this TV?

Thanks

how is it????????????>>>>> pls do tell!

Sears has a sale for this tv that reduced it from $1399.99 to $776.99 then another 10% off it if you use your Sears card. Here is the link, thinking about buying it but I do not have a Sears card to take advantage of the additional 10%. All the stores in my area are sold out, but you can buy it online at that price.

Nice deal, thinking about the 42" Panny at BB if I do not get this one.

Go to Sears.com, click the Electronics link in the 10% off section, then click on the picture of the Hitachi tv. Would post a link, but I have not been a member of this forum long enough.

The list is practically complete. If you want a list in Excel format of all the tv's available for BF PM me your email address. This list includes Wal-Mart, Target, Staples, Sears, Radio Shack, Office Depot, meijer, KMart, hhgregg, Costco.com, CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy and AAFES. Makes for easy comparison.

I would like a copy but cannot PM. Please send to [email protected]. thanks.