Christmas Mishaps.... Spill your beans !!!!!

jarerice

I know we've all done it.

We've forgot someone....

We've over salted the food....

Ran to church halfed dressed....

On Ally's first christmas eve, I was not used to getting her, DS, DH and myself ready.

We were running late for church and I ran out of the house in my pretty black christmas dress, had to drive like 25 minutes to get to the church.

Half way there....I look down at my feet and I was wearing BURKES!!!!!!

We didn't have time to turn around.

Everyone had a good laugh.

Well I have LOST two presents. This was for my DS when he is 5. It was a harley davidson shirt and a football. I *know* I put them in my closet, but I have yet to find them. BTW DS will be 12 in two weeks.

I have cleaned out the closest, the storage building, actually all the closets. I think the little green monster took it.

I know I had wrapped my neices present but on the day we were opening presents she never got it. I searched everywhere for her present . I was getting so upset because it was something she really wanted. I looked for at least 20 minutes and I finally gave up. Well her dad opened the present!! I had put his name on it instead of hers. I got teased for quite awhile.

• 2 weeks later...
When my son was 7 I got him a batman gun that shot little sponge darts out. The first time he tried it it shot me in the eye. It hurt like crazy but I refused to go to the ER. Needless to say my husband had to fix dinner that day. Later that night I went to the ER and found out I had a tear in my cornea. I hate nerf items and sponge guns to this day. :mad:

When my son was 7 I got him a batman gun that shot little sponge darts out. The first time he tried it it shot me in the eye. It hurt like crazy but I refused to go to the ER. Needless to say my husband had to fix dinner that day. Later that night I went to the ER and found out I had a tear in my cornea. I hate nerf items and sponge guns to this day. :mad:

Sorry... but ... :sidesplit:chairfall

We bought dd a hockey table and told her Santa dropped it off early so that we could use it for our Christmas Eve party. When we flipped over the top it was damaged (after putting the bottom together for hours) so we had to tell the reindeer must have bitten it because we didn't leave them any carrots last year and that we'd take her to the store to trade it in for a new one.

My mom put red pepper instead of paprika on the deviled eggs one year, quite a surprise to everyone that bit them.

My bf had too much egg nog and as I'm talking to her I notice her hair is smoking, she had backed into a candle and her hair caught on fire... luckily I put it out and noone noticed but she and I but everyone kept asking what the smell was.

This wasn't on Christmas but New Years eve the big millennium celebration in 1999. I woke up on dec 31 and had an itch in my eye, well as the day progressed it got worse and worse then both eyes were itching. I had dh drop me at the er cause I couldn't see and my ds was only 6 months old. As I was sitting there waiting to be seen (this was a naval hospital on camp Pendleton) everyone was whispering about how they couldn't believe my husband would hit me in both eyes. I had pink eye, and was sent home with drops and two eye patches lol. Didn't even get to see the ball drop.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at my aunt's annual Christmas eve party. My sister was on the front porch, she came in and my aunt took her coat. My aunt thought she had a twig in her hair so she tried to pull it out and it was a bird's foot! The bird took off flying through the house and people were ducking and screaming. She had candles lit on the beams in the living room and the bird clipped one with it's wing. Some how a few of the men got it out.

My sister has long thick CURLY hair. She was outside smoking on the porch standing next to a wreath so her guess was that the bird hopped off the wreath and into her hair!

one yr i was up wrapping the gifts and my son think he was11 woke up to use the bathroom lucky the door was partly closed so he knocked first. which scared me lol. i went to him covered his eyes, walked him to the bathroom then i did the same thing back to the bedrooms. then just as i finished my dd think she was 4 woke up for the same thing i just carried her making sure she didn't see the tree and then did the same thing back to bed.

then there was the yr the cats decided

they wanted to play with the bows and took them off the presents, ripping some of the wrapping so i had to rewrap. since then i don't use bows till christmas eve and all the cats get locked in the bedroom till morning

last yr i couldn't find the AA batteries. i know i had them, just couldn't find them :gdparanoid:

When I was dating my 2nd husband – I stored my kids gifts at his place… I went to get them and they wouldn’t fit in my car – so we loaded them in his pick-up truck. My kids big gift that year was a computer that we had tested at my boyfriends house first… when we went to unload the truck at 3 a.m. – there was no keyboard… we found it by 4 a.m. run over in the street (it had fallen off the back of the truck!) Sufficed to say… the kids were not able to play with their new computer on Christmas morning. :(

When I was dating my 2nd husband – I stored my kids gifts at his place… I went to get them and they wouldn’t fit in my car – so we loaded them in his pick-up truck. My kids big gift that year was a computer that we had tested at my boyfriends house first… when we went to unload the truck at 3 a.m. – there was no keyboard… we found it by 4 a.m. run over in the street (it had fallen off the back of the truck!) Sufficed to say… the kids were not able to play with their new computer on Christmas morning. :(

That stinks!

One year my ds wanted a karaoke machine. Most wanted thing on his list that year. We got him a really nice one. Well, he opened it on Christmas and it didn't work :( I felt sooo bad. Now we make sure most of what we buy the kids work ahead of time. At least the most important ones.

When my ds12 was 2yo we went to my sisters on Christmas eve.

She had a manger under her tree. Ds took a lamb and was playing with it. I was afraid he was going to break it so I grabbed it from him....along with a big slice of skin from his finger.

The darn thing was broken in the back and they still put it under the tree :fryingpan.

So stupid because my ds was 2yo and their ds was only 6 months older. So much for child proofing.

Anyway we spent part of the night in the ER. His poor finger was wrapped in so many bandages. I felt sooooo bad for grabbing it out of his hand.

My BIL felt horrible and even brought all of our gifts to the ER.

My aunt made potato salad. Well as she was preparing the potatos one of her fake nails fell off. She then checked all of the over as she transferred them to a new bowl. She found nothing and then assumed she lost it some where else. She continued with the salad thinking everything was fine. The only person she told was her daughter. As we were all sitting down eating her daughter was the one who bit into it. She was discreate and disposed of it. Latter the two of them told a few of us what happened. Ewww Ewww Ewww I am so glad I don't eat potato salad.

Also my grandmother passed away in the early 90's. She was bad about buying Christmas gifts year around and forgetting about them. One year my mom had been out shopping and my grandmother got all the married women towel sets and lots of them. Christmas eve party came around and my mom wanted to know where her new towels were and grandmother said she forgot where they were. So years after she passed away they started going thru here things and found all them. Not only that but we found a slew of things we thought were Christmas gifts. In a way it was a nice way to remember my grandmother when cleaning things out.

One year when I was very little like four or five my aunt bought all four of us kids those stupid bath crayons. They stained everything in the bathroom. My aunt is notorius about bad gifts like too small clothes, crufixes for jewish friends, parenting books that bash the way you raise your kids. My mom had enough and when the crayons went on clearance, she bought ten neon yellows and other horriblily bright color for her son. Needless to say she had to repaint her bathroom.

Also my grandmother passed away in the early 90's. She was bad about buying Christmas gifts year around and forgetting about them. One year my mom had been out shopping and my grandmother got all the married women towel sets and lots of them. Christmas eve party came around and my mom wanted to know where her new towels were and grandmother said she forgot where they were. So years after she passed away they started going thru here things and found all them. Not only that but we found a slew of things we thought were Christmas gifts. In a way it was a nice way to remember my grandmother when cleaning things out.

We had the same thing happen to us when my mom passed away. She always buys us kids an ornament every year. Well one year we didn't get an ornament. She knew she bought them, she just couldn't remember where they were. Well we found them while cleaning out her "gift" closet. It was a nice rememberance.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at my aunt's annual Christmas eve party. My sister was on the front porch, she came in and my aunt took her coat. My aunt thought she had a twig in her hair so she tried to pull it out and it was a bird's foot! The bird took off flying through the house and people were ducking and screaming. She had candles lit on the beams in the living room and the bird clipped one with it's wing. Some how a few of the men got it out.

My sister has long thick CURLY hair. She was outside smoking on the porch standing next to a wreath so her guess was that the bird hopped off the wreath and into her hair!

Thanx for this story.... I just spit Pepsi on the monitor and have to clean it now.

:rotflol:

• 2 weeks later...
when i was in high school my mom tripped on something in my room and broke her foot the day before we were going to cut down our first live christmas tree. my dad and I wound up going to get the tree and that day it was super cold so the tree farm couldn't put it in the machine to shake the loose needles off. we get the tree home and as we are getting it into the house a squirrell ran out! we got it up and decorated it and the stupid thing fell out of the stand and right onto my poor mom sitting in the recliner with her cast! the loose needles went EVERYWHERE! we got it cleaned up and put the tree back up - it fell over again!! it was a mammoth tree and after the THIRD time the thing fell over, my dad tied a couple ropes around it, ran them through the picture windows in the living room and tied the ropes to a 50lb bag of rock salt and some cinder blocks!! it got quite the reaction from everyone who came to our house that year! needless to say our first live tree was also their last!

I was carrying a bowl of salad from the kitchen to dining room, caught my foot on the door frame, tripped, threw the salad & bowl up into the air. I was face down :gd_stars: , salad was everywhere and the family was laughing their heads off.

Needless to say I never carry the salad anymore. :giggle:

first real x-mas with hubby and he and I was at his mothers on x-mas eve, I took my dughter and his daughter (blended family haha) home to get ready for bed,..so i bathed the girls and he never showed up to give them their jammies (x-mas eve gift) i was furious so i gave them the gifts and sent them to bed ,..After they were asleep and I couldnt find him I started pulling the gifts out,..around 2a.m. he came in with a cast on his foot and crutches..He was messin with his brothers and fell somehow on his foot and broke it,..He didnt want me to know so i wouldnt spen the evening in the E.R. with the girls,..I was so mad at him ..but I had to forgive him,..he was in alot of pain!!

Like a pp, my holiday mishap involves New Years Eve. One year, dh and I were spending New Year's eve with another couple. We met at their house and planned on going out for dinner, then returning to their house to drink and celebrate New Year's eve. As we were leaving to go to dinner, I fell on the bottom step and sprained my ankle badly. I hadn't even had 1 drink yet, lol. So, off we go to the ER. Of course we were there for hours and we were all starving by the time we were done there, so we went out to dinner hours later. We rang in New Year's in Perkins restaurant while eating dinner.

To top it off, my family was coming over to our house New Years Day to celebrate Christmas and exchange gifts, so dh had to do a lot more of the preparations for that then he normally would have.

Elena

2 yrs ago I dumped an entire tray of bread (pumpkin, banana, ect) on top of my 3 yr old neice's head. She's a drama queen to start w/- but it didn't hurt her- and it was an accident. It was just the bread- not the tray- probably about 3 dozen pieces all over her.

I've also given my hillybilly MIL's gift to my mom- and my mother's fine jewerly gift to my MIL by accident. You should of seen the looks on the face's. Oh my-- I was stammering.

Last year I got the oldest boys video games. One got the Nintendo ds the other got the psp. So I got them a few smaller gifts. Of course they ripped through them. So they were whining I told them to wait untill the little ones opened more of theirs and then I would give them their last gift. So then I felt bad that they were just sitting there waiting. So I gave them their stocking gifts. Well the one that got the ds opens the ds game cartidge holder.:eek: So I think of something quick and say " O Jacob I'm sorry I got the wrong thing. I wanted to get ya gameboy game holders but I got these by mistake" Thank God he had a gameboy ugh. He was happy then when he opened the DS and he said to me " I guess you don't need to take these back then huh? LOL:smirk: