Christmas Tree Lights... White or Colored????

jarerice

I like white. Someone else posted below that "white is grown up." I think that says it best. I think (remember, this is just MY OPINION) that colored lights are more for kids. Around here, all of the ritzy neighborhoods use white ONLY. And, I think it is classy looking. It also matters HOW you put them up. Nothing bugs me more than someone who just "throws" a string of lights into an outdoor tree!!! AAGGHH!!! You HAVE TO go the extra length and "wind" the string of lights AROUND the tree!!! Please!!

Speaking of lights, I have a great tip for putting lights on trees.....

Instead of running them around and around the tree, put them on up and down. They look exactly the same and it's so much easier to put them on and take them off the tree.

Also, if you have a strand that goes out, you can stand in one place to replace it instead of having to walk around and around the tree.

Colored all the way... && they have to be multi colored. I have a tree in every room as well. I have a ceramic one for the kitchen table, A small 2ft one in our room and a 3 foot one in the boys room. I bought one this year that has a train run through it and will put that in the center of my village. Outside I do colored all over!!

I like either white, or colored, NEVER multicolored. But I do have a soft spot for the ginormous multicolored lights that EVERYONE had when I was a kid in the seventies. It was a big deal to decorate outside then. We were the only family for blocks around that did it and it made us feel special! hehe

We solved our great "White vs Multi Colored" debate last year. Hubby likes the colored lights, I like white. For many years we had only white lights since I was the one decorating the tree. Well last year we bought one of those prelit trees that has both white and colored lights on it. So you can have one or the other or both! Now everyone is happy!

i'm ultra snooty about my living room tree - i have white lights, different sized red and gold bulbs and a fancy gold satin tree skirt - it looks like a magazine tree and i'm happily obsessed with making it look that way every year ;-)

in our family room i have a fake tree where i put all the novelty ornaments - last year i bought a bunch of gold and blue ornaments at 90% off though so i'm using white and blue and yellow lights and having a WVU tree :-) (proud alumnus)

White lights. I guess you could call this one our grown up tree. I am also obsessed with making it look perfect. we have another tree in our sunroom that we let the kids do their thing on, usually with colored lights and all their homemade ornaments. It also looks really nice and lets us showcase their beautiful artwork!

I prefer the white. I was so disappointed when I bought an artificial tree that had certain lights on the box, but came out all different colors--including PINK!!! Thing is, I didn't know it until I completely set it up. Should've taken it all down and returned... A pink and white tree would be neat, but not pink along with red, green, blue... It was a clown tree, and I'm not looking forward to it this year. I might see if I can figure out how hard it would be to detach them and completely replace. Thing is, they have the lights in perfectly measured out sections to fit the tree. Not sure I could duplicate. We'll see.

It depends on my mood the day I put up the tree.

I used to do every other year colored or white, but now that I have kids, I've had Colored every year for the last 5 years.

See, before I had kids, I had bought a "theme" of the sun, moon, and stars, and everything was blue and gold, and the white lights were a must.

I overall prefer colored lights, but since I spent a small fortune on the themed tree, I put that up every other year.

I can't really forsee using the themed tree anymore, unless someday, I have a bigger house and am crazy enough to do TWO TREES!!!!!! Oy-yoy-yoy!

So to answer the question...I prefer colored! ;)

I prefer the white. I was so disappointed when I bought an artificial tree that had certain lights on the box, but came out all different colors--including PINK!!! Thing is, I didn't know it until I completely set it up. Should've taken it all down and returned... A pink and white tree would be neat, but not pink along with red, green, blue... It was a clown tree, and I'm not looking forward to it this year. I might see if I can figure out how hard it would be to detach them and completely replace. Thing is, they have the lights in perfectly measured out sections to fit the tree. Not sure I could duplicate. We'll see.

PINK? That is odd.:confused: