Do you ever go overboard when buying - merged

dmmiller

For certain people?

I find when I shop for certain people, I find all kinds of stuff they'd like or that

they're interested in.. so I end up buying a few things for them.

I guess they're just easy to shop for? Then there are others that I cant seem to find

anything up till xmas eve and I scramble to find something.

:holiday09

OMG the question should be can anyone stay in their budget for Christmas. I can't remember ever not overbuying for christmas.

I know it sounds like a silly question, but I was meaning just for 1-2 people you buy for that you just keep picking stuff up, cuz you think...

"oh *** would love this", and "OH, *** collects this...", and "*** said they

needed this.." Especially when you find those deals you cant pass up. LOL

Then you give them they're gifts and you handing them like 4-5 things, instead

of just 1. :2wiggle:

Unfortunately, the question for me should be is there anyone you don't go overboard for? I'm like that with everyone. It's really bad with the neice and nephew. They're 16 and 20 now, but I still buy them too much. We get them a few nice gifts, stuff they want and then I do what I call a junk box, which is really just tons of smaller stuff I've found along the way that I think they'd like. Last year I filled them each one of the big size pampers boxes and I'm not talking with just stocking stuffer type stuff. Some of it is, sure, but then there's a lot of nicer stuff in there too. It's an addiction I can't stop!! For others, like my parents, I tend to find a big box for each of them and then try to fit everything in it so it just looks like one present for each of them, but then the packages are always huge and hard to transport. Same thing for my husband. He usually gets about 9 or 10 packages, but each package has several things in it. It's insane and I know it. This is probably why I freak out so much about having to wrap stuff.

I have just become an aunt 2.5 years ago, and have really gone overboard with

my nephew and Neices. Its nice to have to buy for kids other than your own.

My boys are spoiled and really dont need/want anything. So I'm off to spoil others. LOL

I have just become an aunt 2.5 years ago, and have really gone overboard with

my nephew and Neices. Its nice to have to buy for kids other than your own.

My boys are spoiled and really dont need/want anything. So I'm off to spoil others. LOL

It is fun :) I wasn't around when my neice and nephew were younger. I just became their aunt 5 years ago when I got married. (I'm closer in age to them than my hubby...how funny is that? lol) I'd hate to see what it was like if I were around when they were little! lol

It's not my fault the stores have such good sales. ;)

I totally agree!!! It's all the stores fault!!!!! :thumbsup:

I do pretty good about sticking to what I had intended for my boys cuz they have so much already. My mom's a whole different story though. I'm always buying her stuff. Her birthday is the day after christmas though so if I go too nuts, I just add it to her birthday stash. :D

Usually, and this year will likely be the same. I have 6 nephews and 1 niece now, but any day now my newest niece will arrive. I have to get a box ready to go overseas by middle of next month (surface shipping) so I'm having a hard time shopping now. And my niece has been through a lot since last Christmas (family problems, poor little one) living in foster care temporarily... now that she's home for good I want to try and make it special for her. Thank goodness she's easy to shop for!

I go way overboard on my kids. I do manage to stay in my budget but after EVERY Christmas I think, "Okay - next year I'm going to make a SET number of gifts and when I find them on sale I SAVE the extra..." and then I always end up spending the extra on more stuff that I find for them! LOL!

The biggest problem for me is the age difference. I try to spend the same $$ on each of my 2 kids, but everything ds17 wants cost a lot, Like last year he wanted a ps3 =$600. I tried to spend the same on ds5, but if I would have, our house would be piled to the ceiling with toys!:) ds5 toys costs a lot less!! So ds 17 ends up with 2 oor 3 gifts and ds5 gets 20+ and I still didn't spend as much on ds5!! ugg!

Since I became an aunt I go way overboard for my niece. The past two years I've bought so much I've held it over for her birthday in March.

I tend to overbuy for my mom and babysister. I have a lot of trouble with my boyfriend and my older sister though.