Favorite Christmas Movie

jarerice

Scrooge (1951), Scrooge (1970), Polar Express, Santa Clause 1 and 2, Elf, (I always crack up when he eats the cotton balls)The Grinch (original) and March of the Wooden Soldiers (even though it isn't about any holiday). Back in the

1970's one of the NYC independant tv stations ran it every year on Thanksgiving.

Christmas Vacation

Christmas With The Kranks

It's A Wonderful Life

A Charlie Brown Christmas

How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas

Disney Sing Along - Very Merry Christmas Songs

I have to admit that I saw It's A Wonderful Life for the very first time last year. I now LOVE that movie!

My favs in order.

1. Christmas Vacation

2. Home Alone

3. Home Alone 2

4. A Christmas Story

5. Die Hard... "Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho." :D

I actually watch Die Hard a lot around Christmas too. Maybe it reflects some inner conflict I have? I also like Gremlins. Weird huh!

Rudolph the red nose Riendeer, Did i mention Rudolph.

i also enjoy

miracle on 34th street, The santa claus 1 and 2 , Santa clause the movie, the Christmas shoes, Scrooge, black and white version, newer version and muppet version, Little drummer boy, santa clause is coming to town, The year with out a santa Clause, Jingle all the way, I'll be home for christmas, christmas with the cranks, I have so many I forget half of them

White Christmas & Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation.

Those are the 2 my husband and I watch every year.

Well, and now the kids watch Polar express like 102 times during the season. I could probably recite that one from start to finish without it even being on!!! :rolleyes:

There are tons of great Christmas movies that I love. My favorite is a dead tie between A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I especially like the Christmas Vacation unedited version as it just makes it that much more hilarious than the TV version.

Also a big fan of Scrooged, Santa Clause: The Movie, and all the cartoons. I liked all of the cartoon versions of the Scrooge story - especially Mr. McGoos Christmas Carol which I haven't seen in forever and Disney's Christmas Carol with Donald Duck.

How about Garfield's Christmas? I always loved that one as a kid - just seemed like a great cartoon Christmas movie. Of course I also have to throw in Charlie Brown's Christmas here as well as Rudolph and Frosty.

I'm sure some will think I'm a little "off" but this isn't a movie........I always enjoy watching the Food Network holiday celebrations with all of the stars brought together. For some reason it just makes me all warm and fuzzy.

It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite. We also like A Christmas Story. We just got that one on DVD last week at Target for 10.00.

There is a joke in our family about National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. My father in law looks a little like Clark Griswald and acts even more like him. So much sometimes it's scary. There are many funny family stories about things he has done, not only with Christmas and trees, but throughout the year. My kids always like to watch this movie, they always ask "when can we watch Pop-Pop's movie?"

I have 2 more to add to my list...not conventional Christmas movies but, The Family Stone w/ Sarah Jessica Parker and The Holiday w/ Cameron Diaz (I normally don't like her in anything)

LOL I was going to add these two to my list as well! I love both of these movies, they crack me up! :cheesy:

A Christmas Story. I broke down and bought that on dvd so I don't have to wait until Christmas Eve to watch the marathon on TBS.

LOL, me too. My all time favorite is National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. Other faves are A Christmas Story, The Homecoming (the very first Waltons. I bought the dvd of this too), Eloise At Christmastime, Prancer, The Polar Express, and all the Little House Christmas episodes. Does anyone know if they actually sell a set of just the Little House Christmas episodes? If they did, I think it would sell well.

Elena

I love any of the Christmas movies. I search for anything with Christmas in the title on my TV then record most of them on my DVR. My all time favorite is the original Miracle on 34th Street followed by A christmas Carol,( the old one, not sure which year it was made but I think it has the best Scrooge ever!) I have seen several romantic comedy type movies that were really good the last couple of years but I can't remember the names.

It's sad that in three pages.....only two responses held my all-time favorite Christmas Movie.....and one of them was a Muppet Version of the story.

The original version of "A Christmas Carol."

Others

NL Christmas Vacation

A Christmas Story

Santa Clause The Movie (hate #2)

Polar Express

It's a Wonderful Life

Charlie Brown Christmas

LOL, me too. My all time favorite is National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. Other faves are A Christmas Story, The Homecoming (the very first Waltons. I bought the dvd of this too), Eloise At Christmastime, Prancer, The Polar Express, and all the Little House Christmas episodes. Does anyone know if they actually sell a set of just the Little House Christmas episodes? If they did, I think it would sell well.

Elena

Yes, they do. The premiere episode is a Christmas one plus there are some others. I have one that has just a few Christmas episodes on it.

I started thanks to my kids. They watched Santa Clause 1 & 2 twice this week, so far. And also an real old one (early 80's) called, A Sesame Street Christmas. It's real old...Kermit's in it as is Mr. Hooper (No Alan). Gordon's still thin as a rail, Maria's with some skinny black guy, not her hubby and most of all....No Elmo!!!!!

Scrooge (1951), Scrooge (1970), Polar Express, Santa Clause 1 and 2, Elf, (I always crack up when he eats the cotton balls)The Grinch (original) and March of the Wooden Soldiers (even though it isn't about any holiday). Back in the

1970's one of the NYC independant tv stations ran it every year on Thanksgiving.

YES! Scrooge (1970), a musical with Albert Finney as Scrooge.

For those of you unfamiliar with the movie, remember those credit card commercials with the jingle, "Thank you very much, thank you very much, that's he nicest thing that anyones ever done for me...."

That was the big song from that movie and it was nominated for an Oscar for that song.

Not available on DVD last time I checked but I found a burned one on Ebay last year.

and here are the scenes:

My top 10 are

"One Magic Christmas"

"Smokey Mountain Christmas"

"Charlie Brown Christmas"

"A Christmas Story"

"It Came Upon a Midnight Clear"

"Yes, Virgina There is a Santa Claus" (Both the animated 1974 and the live action 1991)

"The Christmas Gift" (1986)

"A Chirstmas Carol" (1999 version with Patrick Stewart)

"Little Match Girl" 1987 starring Keshia Knight-Pulliam

"Christmas Vacation"

Can you tell I am a child of the 80's